[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Mentoya wrote:
Hi all,
I'm only doing T1 and T2 maps at the moment, but I find that I'm dying alot to bosses. Not sure what's going on. I know that my gear isn't great, but I don't think it's too god awful. Maybe someone can take a look at my character, which should be visible and see if anything stands out? It might be something obvious even...... thanks

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mentoya/characters

Char Name: FireTotemDestroyer

For whatever reason the website is giving me issues. Could you send the link to Path of Building?
I had a look now and it simply seems like you character needs more levels and items.

First off. You really need to optimise your flasks. I scrolled through your other chars as well and seemed like you never take the time to roll your flasks. This will kill you more than anything else. If you do now know how then you simply use an orb of transmutation on a white flask to make it magic. Then you use orb of alteration on it untill you have a flask that negates freezing and a flask that negates bleeding. Unless you have a character that is immune to these effects you should always craft these potions.

If you want to be a bit more safe you can simply switch to the ryslatha god power, you need to upgrade it though. And you can equip a blood of the karui.

If you can live with a subpar movement ability then pick up 2 void battery as soon as you complete the next lab run. They wont do anything for you unless you have the Conviction of Power nod. This will skyrocket your dps.

CWDT with vortex and blind could also be used to up your survivabilty.

Your gear is not very good. So there is plenty of room to grow in power. Your jewels are pretty awful for instance. You should be able to do a quick upgrade simply by buying a few jewels. Your left ring is almost completely useless. It does nothing else than provide you with 45 total elemntal res. You should be able to get something that is 10 x better by spending a single chaos on POE.trade. If you are only keeping it for the +dex then simply craft dex on another ring or pick up the +30 dex node in the passive skill tree. You can simply respec out of the 8% area of effect node you picked up.
Hey there,

Never had a build that was this powerful during leveling before. Even Kitava was a joke, you could say this build is a blast ^^

I went and tried Atziri just to see how it fared, but I had a bad surprise during the clone phase. Everything else has been trivial, however I had trouble keeping my totem alive long enough on this phase. How do you deal with bosses with AoE like that that just wreck your totems?
I have a questions about the CoD: "The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit."
Does it means the line 10% and MoM of CoD is useless?
Bcs the game will count the highest % in the node MoM, right?
"
ngontaylua wrote:
I have a questions about the CoD: "The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit."
Does it means the line 10% and MoM of CoD is useless?
Bcs the game will count the highest % in the node MoM, right?

It has already been said several pages ago, it's just the Mind Over Matter passive part that does not stack. The 10% increased part does (otherwise, the included 10% already on the item would already be useless). The reason we still take MoM in the passive tree with CoD equipped is for the mana nodes behind.
Anyone tried using indigon with this build?
"
Ryat wrote:
Hey there,

Never had a build that was this powerful during leveling before. Even Kitava was a joke, you could say this build is a blast ^^

I went and tried Atziri just to see how it fared, but I had a bad surprise during the clone phase. Everything else has been trivial, however I had trouble keeping my totem alive long enough on this phase. How do you deal with bosses with AoE like that that just wreck your totems?

You spawn more totems. Sorry for a stupid answer but there really are no other answers to it. The reasons your totems die is that if they attack the wrong clone it reflects damage back to them.
Hi, I did this build but I notice that I lack damage to the bosses, I have 2 divination daggers with a lot of spell damage and a clock of defiance with 5l and everything else the same, I'm doing t13 maps and it's costing me already, which may be failing ? I have battered resistances and life a little less than the guide, 3800 and energy shield of 500. Sorry for my English I am Spanish.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Currently level 82 and I just made the switch from Flameblast to Flameblast/Frostbolt hybrid. I just blast thru maps with Frostbolt with an occasional Flameblast to supplement the damage and then just Flameblast against the boss, no more swapping out AoE for Conc. The freeze from frostbolts makes mapping so much safer. I Horror crafted the helm for a pseudo 5L for the frostbolt. I haven't gotten to red maps yet, but it feels really good right now.

I added frostbolt last night to try it out. I'm still leveling this build. Level 48 last night. Frostbolt->totem->increased crit. I don't think I had a 4l that I liked to add the cold penetration to.
I really felt that the frostbolt was not doing anything. The totems were spewing orbs and freezing/slowing mobs...but most in a group were getting through to beat on me. I definitely did not think that it was easier, or even effective.

It doesn't seem that Ichi did anything different (other than being lvl 82) and I have seen a few other posts loving on frostbolt. Can anyone that has used Frostbolt expound on their experience with it?
"
MauxeJhet wrote:
I added frostbolt last night to try it out. I'm still leveling this build. Level 48 last night. Frostbolt->totem->increased crit. I don't think I had a 4l that I liked to add the cold penetration to.
I really felt that the frostbolt was not doing anything. The totems were spewing orbs and freezing/slowing mobs...but most in a group were getting through to beat on me. I definitely did not think that it was easier, or even effective.

It doesn't seem that Ichi did anything different (other than being lvl 82) and I have seen a few other posts loving on frostbolt. Can anyone that has used Frostbolt expound on their experience with it?

Stopped playing because mapping to me feels no fun anymore (GGG nerfed it too much).

But I can assure you that Frostbolt works awesome. In a 5L and with lvl 19 gems, I quickly and safely cleared T12 maps with it. So it's obvious that once maxed (lvl 21 Frostbolt in 6L) it will utterly destroy any map in the game.

Only in some cramped indoor situations I found Flameblast to be better. Which is no problem because you have both totems always available.

I also used Frostbolt totems many times against fast-moving bosses and against those with lots of adds (with Flameblast totems mixed in), to great effect.

For me the ultimate setup for this build would be a 6L Frostbolt in chest combined with a 7L Flameblast in helmet (Horror-crafted, Concentrated Effect + Immolate support Elder helmet). Such helmets are rare and expensive (cheapest one is 7 ex on poe.trade right now), but the 6L ones (not Horror-crafted) are very cheap and will also work fine.

Keep in mind that 2x Frozen Trail jewels are absolutely mandatory. That loss of 2 jewel slots IMO is the only major drawback the mixed totem approach has to a pure Flameblast one.

My chars are public, so you can check my gear if you want (lvl88 Hiero in Bestiary).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info