[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Could I make this into quad totem wormblasters?

I'm asking for a friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hi there

I confirmed that Flameblast Totem Viable Uber Elder Kill

https://youtu.be/860yzmT6MWo

enjoy
"
Matematikas wrote:
Kaddomir, ES is safer (if you already played ES before). But its expensive + not beginner friendly. I recommend to level and follow life based leveling guide. Later you can swap to CI or just relevel again when you have gear ready. Thats what i would do.

Hello, thank u for a build! Can u update please leveling trees please?
Last edited by Kaddomir on May 19, 2018, 6:17:56 PM
With Ignite and flameblast ailments getting buffs is it better to drop elemental focus for chance to ignite?
Will this be updated for 3.3 with the changes to ignite?
"
ZOD_ wrote:
Hi there

I confirmed that Flameblast Totem Viable Uber Elder Kill

https://youtu.be/860yzmT6MWo

enjoy

Ooh well done. Would you mind if I linked this in the OP?

"
Arlakiller wrote:
Will this be updated for 3.3 with the changes to ignite?

There isn't really anything to update. The changes to ignite don't make any difference to this build as we don't scale ignite damage at all. Elemental Focus is still stronger than messing around with ignites. I'm putting a quick message in the OP to this effect.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
people trying to find out how good inquisitor self cast FB are directed here. you should probably at least talk about it instead of saying it "isn't good for this build". also you might want to say what build you are referring to when you say "elementalist ignite version".
IGN:skydog
Change to Ignite has now been changed to Combustion, and it has -19% Fire Penetration when ignited and +29% More Fire Damage (+10% Fire Damage from quality).

I'm not quite familiar with the exact damage mechanics, but I guess similar percentage of Fire Penetration comes quite close to being equal to More Damage?

So to me it seems like Combustion (+29% More +19% Pene) would give slightly less straight damage DPS than Elemental Focus (+49% More), but would probably fill that gap with ignite (+49% Ignite chance vs no ignite at all).

The updated Holy Fire cluster is also easily attainable.

Having ignite through Combustion could be potentially better at least in extended boss fights?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)
Last edited by Nixxer on Jun 1, 2018, 5:48:51 AM
"
Nixxer wrote:
Change to Ignite has now been changed to Combustion, and it has -19% Fire Penetration when ignited and +29% More Fire Damage (+10% Fire Damage from quality).

I'm not quite familiar with the exact damage mechanics, but I guess similar percentage of Fire Penetration comes quite close to being equal to More Damage?

So to me it seems like Combustion (+29% More +19% Pene) would give slightly less straight damage DPS than Elemental Focus (+49% More), but would probably fill that gap with ignite (+49% Ignite chance vs no ignite at all).

The updated Holy Fire cluster is also easily attainable.

Having ignite through Combustion could be potentially better at least in extended boss fights?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

PoB just got updated so can check! Apparently Combustion is very very slightly more DPS than Ele Focus. As in, Ele Focus gives 49% and Combustion is 51.2%. Because of how marginal that is, I'd say it's probably not worthwhile because that's only after the enemy is already ignited. It's really debatable though.

Also an interesting thing to look at is swapping in Incinerate. It looks like it should do more damage than Flameblast, but I wonder what the clear is like? Maybe rip build if the clear is better, might have to turn this into an Incinerate totems guide!
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
Also an interesting thing to look at is swapping in Incinerate. It looks like it should do more damage than Flameblast, but I wonder what the clear is like? Maybe rip build if the clear is better, might have to turn this into an Incinerate totems guide!

This is what I have been trying to do, but sadly our totems seem to be very stupid when it deals with Incinerate. From my personal testing it looks like the totems release the channeling when their targeted enemy dies or goes out of range, even if other targets are still in the range. It also looks like the totems don't realize they can turn toward the enemy, leading to some absurd situations where a totem fires at the opposite side of an enemy if it moved away. In any case, after doing an act and a half with Incinerate in my totem, I have yet to see it get the eight charges against anything but a boss.

Though being low level means I don't have any cast speed, the totems may behave in a more satisfying way if they can reach the eight charges faster. It might also feel better with multiple totems at the same time, it might work out better than I fear. The totem AI just makes me worry it's never going to get anywhere close from the theorical numbers.
Last edited by Ryat on Jun 1, 2018, 8:23:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info