[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
DTBA wrote:
I am just wondering how people are doing on reds maps etc?

I really want to respec into this build

I'm play pure flameblast, no hybrid and i have no problem what so ever doing red maps. Currently farming on t11-t12. Done some t14 and that was no problem either.

It's not the fastest with only flameblast but it works and is safe, bosses dies really quickly with gemswap increased area of effect -> concentrated effect.
Last edited by DasMightyNub on Mar 15, 2018, 6:16:06 AM
Thanks for the reply, Going to make some money then respec :)

Looks really fun !
"
Eliah_cze wrote:

I went straight to ancestral bond and than use dual totem firestorm into dual totem flameblast right away. I had zero problems with it. Usualy i was just runing and leaving totems behind me to fill up my quiksilver flask, because i use them all the time during leveling this way. If you are already lvl 28 i would go for flameblast.

That sounds cool... did you have any problems with cast speed? Going for dual flameblast now (at 32) work for me, but I keep reading it doesn't work so hot until the cast speed gets up there. Maybe that only matters for higher level content?

Any low level gear/uniques you would recommend?
I had no problems at all. Of course with lower cast speed you have lower dmg, but it doesnt really matter for early game content (all 10 acts), because your dmg is still high enough to one-shoot everything except bosses. I went dual wand just for cast speed+spell dmg, because with MoM you simply have enought defence. And except that, some random rare items, nothing special - bought some rare 5l relatively eraly - they are cheap right now and it help with dmg.
But as i said earlier, theres nothing to mess up, and its really easy to play. For basic content (10acts) i was just running straight forward leaving totems behind me, to kill mobs -> refil my quicksilver bottles :)
I've tried this build in previous leagues and while it works, I kinda never got the levels of cast speed that felt... good, I guess, to play at. Still worked fine so I kinda stumbled back to it now as I'm getting into Bestiary.

This time I noticed the spoiler at the start: For people wanting to use this build for Glacial Cascade instead.

That could be more my thing, so I'm gonna try that, but just wanted to confirm something about using it first, that the only changes to anything non-gear related I need to make is:

FB -> GC
Faster Casting -> Crit DMG
Fire pen -> Cold pen
Anger -> Hatred

No passive changes at all are required?

Of course, the 2 Long Winters and not needing as much cast speed (why I want this ;D) are there as well and make perfect sense.
Hi all. This is only my second full league (started part way through Legacy) so I still very much feel like I’m getting used to the game and understanding the ins and outs of the passive tree and it’s interactions with items. Forgive me if this is an obvious answer, but does Void Battery perform with this build as it is laid out on the OP, or are there some modifications that need to get made to the passives or to skills? I just don’t see much for power charge generation, but I don’t trust myself to change anything on the build yet without messing something up!
Last edited by BitterBrewer on Mar 19, 2018, 9:58:06 AM
"
BitterBrewer wrote:
Hi all. This is only my second full league (started part way through Legacy) so I still very much feel like I’m getting used to the game and understanding the ins and outs of the passive tree and it’s interactions with items. Forgive me if this is an obvious answer, but does Void Battery perform with this build as it is laid out on the OP, or are there some modifications that need to get made to the passives or to skills? I just don’t see much for power charge generation, but I don’t trust myself to change anything on the build yet without messing something up!

Im running double Void Battery and dmg is really high. Of course if im running 2nd Battery instead of shiled, i have better dps, but weaker defence, but i like it. Closing on guardians now and only deaths i have is because of my mistakes trying to facetank something big.

You get power charges generation from ascendancy, and its more than enought, so dont worry about that. And if you will run Void Battery/s, you have to amend your tree that you take all of power charges + dmg amp. You can check my char to see.
"
Eliah_cze wrote:
Im running double Void Battery and dmg is really high. Of course if im running 2nd Battery instead of shiled, i have better dps, but weaker defence, but i like it. Closing on guardians now and only deaths i have is because of my mistakes trying to facetank something big.

You get power charges generation from ascendancy, and its more than enought, so dont worry about that. And if you will run Void Battery/s, you have to amend your tree that you take all of power charges + dmg amp. You can check my char to see.

Ah, of course. I forgot the ascendancy points included power charge generation. Thanks very much for the reply and for giving me a guideline on how to adjust the tree!
Hey all!

I decided to play this build as a league starter. I've really enjoyed the time so far. Last season I was playing a MS Inqui, totally different to play than this build. Died quite often since I still was into the last league build.

Currently I have 157% cast speed modifier with arcane surge buff on. Guess that's very good?
My concern in switching weapons to dagger will reduce my cast speed by almost 20%, will this still improve my QoL?

I'm not into red maps yet, cuz i can't sustain them so far...

Is there anything I might have an eye on to have a big upgrade to my current state of items?

Best,
Cool build. Thanks for sharing with us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info