[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
xlagg5 wrote:
Hey, I'm new in pow and i started my game with this build :D Its cool but i have a question. What should i do after act 10? Best place for farm/lvling etc.

Run maps, try to complete the atlas (with the sextant nerf, not sure if there's any reason to shape the Atlas in a specific, convoluted way anymore).

You'll want to complete all 4 difficulties of the Labyrinth as well (last is typically called "Uber Lab").

There are a number of boss fights, but those are fairly end-gamish and often a bit out of reach of a first time leaguer.
Last edited by setcamper on Mar 8, 2018, 10:13:33 AM
May i ask at what % will cast speed be redundant?
At a decision point here... currently working on a magma orb build which has a very similar tree... but not super happy with the mechanics of MO. This looks fun, but how is it against shaper, or the content leading up to shaper? I played apep's dark pact quad totem build last league but struggled to get through that content. Would this be better?
Pro-tip:

Did you know that you can place your totems much more quickly if you just keep your totem button/key pressed while moving the mouse (Hiero totem placement speed!)?

Works very well for both clearing and boss fights.
Am I able to reroll this into Frostbolt totems when I get to maps? I'm running pizza sticks to kill kitava10 in hc ssf
Dan_Krillson - Lvl 100 Arc Totems -
#2 Hierophant Betrayal
"
Bobbyde3e wrote:
Am I able to reroll this into Frostbolt totems when I get to maps? I'm running pizza sticks to kill kitava10 in hc ssf

Yes, no problem. Frostbolt would even work if you only re-color your sockets. The beauty of Viperesque's (the OP's) tree is that it is so very flexible. If you look at it, you will notice that he did not pick a single fire damage node.

Nevertheless, you should consider running both Flameblast (or GC) and Frostbolt (chest and helmet), since Frostbolt is very bad against bosses and other tough mobs. If you happen to drop an Essence of Horror, you can craft a helmet with 30% more Elemental damage, making it an effective 5L for any of the totem spells. Use a Shaped or Elder base for this, if you got one.
"
Croc411 wrote:
"
Bobbyde3e wrote:

Yes, no problem. Frostbolt would even work if you only re-color your sockets. The beauty of Viperesque's (the OP's) tree is that it is so very flexible. If you look at it, you will notice that he did not pick a single fire damage node.

Nevertheless, you should consider running both Flameblast (or GC) and Frostbolt (chest and helmet), since Frostbolt is very bad against bosses and other tough mobs. If you happen to drop an Essence of Horror, you can craft a helmet with 30% more Elemental damage, making it an effective 5L for any of the totem spells. Use a Shaped or Elder base for this, if you got one.

Thanks a lot, Yeah I did notice how all nodes were primarily based around Totems either way, Instead of building to the far right, I went down to Totemic Mastery, and making my way to Constitution, grabbing that life wheel.

I might run both, or at least Leveling the gems in weapon swap and swap to Flameblast for bosses (One shotting every scenario boss atm)
Dan_Krillson - Lvl 100 Arc Totems -
#2 Hierophant Betrayal
EDIt- SILLY NOOB QUESTION
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Last edited by Orzi on Mar 12, 2018, 2:51:00 PM
Quick question. If you are going with Cloak of Defiance, do you refund the MOM nodes, or keep them for the increases mana pool?
"
Gammon88 wrote:
Quick question. If you are going with Cloak of Defiance, do you refund the MOM nodes, or keep them for the increases mana pool?

Well, we have to bring our mana pool on a par with our life pool (50:50 MoM). If you're able to achieve that without the MoM nodes (e. g. by wearing Atziri's Foible and picking Deep Thoughts, Soul Siphon and Righteous Decree), you won't need them and can refund. There is also Mind Drinker.

I myself plan to keep the MoM nodes, since I want to use a rare amulet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info