[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Or at least that's how I look at it, someone who knows more can chime in if they want.

You're correct. However, we have extra sockets, you can use flammability against stationary/slow bosses and TC for mobile bosses.
I went with 1 void battery and 1 Apep's rage (that cast speed on Apep is awesome)

At around 137% cast speed atm and Flameblast is really really nice to use, speeding running through stuff which I never knew was possible with Flameblast as the last time I played FB was self cast lol and had no idea about cast speed.

I got boosted through Normal lab but ended up doing cruel lab and merc lab solo as soon as I got the necessary trials done. It's pretty fun, Apep's is what carried me through and a tabula.

Currently level 82 and I just made the switch from Flameblast to Flameblast/Frostbolt hybrid. I just blast thru maps with Frostbolt with an occasional Flameblast to supplement the damage and then just Flameblast against the boss, no more swapping out AoE for Conc. The freeze from frostbolts makes mapping so much safer. I Horror crafted the helm for a pseudo 5L for the frostbolt. I haven't gotten to red maps yet, but it feels really good right now.

The wand was bought with that crafted mod and as soon as I can, I'll replace it with spell crit.

Edit: What's really nice about this build is that you don't need any uniques to make it work well.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 6, 2018, 6:48:59 PM
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
"
genghis999 wrote:
Any reason not to use Flammability for the curse in this build? Seems like it should add a lot of damage, unless I'm missing something, but I don't see it suggested in the OP.

I'm using Flammability because of that sweet, sweet DPS, but I understand why you'd want to use Temp Chains instead. With Temporal Chains, it slows the enemy so that they aren't as easily capable of running out of your flameblasts before they go off. With some enemies/bosses like that snake with the proximity shield, it's absolutely hell to hit them with a Flameblast while Temporal Chains makes it much easier to hit them.
Less damage, more quality of life.

Or at least that's how I look at it, someone who knows more can chime in if they want.

Cool, thanks. I haven't even made it to maps yet, so I'll keep Temporal Chains in mind for later on.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Currently level 82 and I just made the switch from Flameblast to Flameblast/Frostbolt hybrid. I just blast thru maps with Frostbolt with an occasional Flameblast to supplement the damage and then just Flameblast against the boss, no more swapping out AoE for Conc. The freeze from frostbolts makes mapping so much safer. I Horror crafted the helm for a pseudo 5L for the frostbolt. I haven't gotten to red maps yet, but it feels really good right now.

Nice idea with the essence craft!

Another option for a 5L Frostbolt would be an Elder a Shaper helmet with Hypothermia support.
Last edited by Croc411 on Mar 7, 2018, 6:19:05 AM
Maybe its just me not paying close enough attention as I am tired but I dont understand where the dex for all the gem/cloak of defiance requirements is coming from.
"
Valineth wrote:
Maybe its just me not paying close enough attention as I am tired but I dont understand where the dex for all the gem/cloak of defiance requirements is coming from.

Items and right side of the tree.
"
Valineth wrote:

Something you're probably missing is that Aztiri's Foible is reducing attribute costs by a lot. With that you only need something like 40 dex on gear somewhere if you're using cold pen/hatred. Much less if you're just supporting Cloak and things.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Mar 7, 2018, 12:32:32 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

The wand was bought with that crafted mod and as soon as I can, I'll replace it with spell crit.

Edit: What's really nice about this build is that you don't need any uniques to make it work well.

Cool suggestion! For me, clearing with flamebast is not really satisfying, frostbolt feels nicer and is safer with freeze. I followed your suggestion and was superlucky with this horror craft on elder base! Just waiting for Haku 6 to craft life on it

Hey, I'm new in pow and i started my game with this build :D Its cool but i have a question. What should i do after act 10? Best place for farm/lvling etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info