[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Wow, yeah your right with every thing you mentioned... just played a tier 14 map and its exactly how you said... I see that I have to overthink my Soulthirst build. Maybe I will try around with the Hierophant ascendancy class. I mean most of the timees im sitting around 250/300+ cast speed and clear very fast and "safe". In some situations i can/have to fall back on the classic FB build and just dont use the soulthirst (bosses for example) but my playing at the moment doesnt feels good (but i still think that Soulthirst is an interesting unique in combination with flameblast totems). So thanks for your advices!
I'm almost level 50 using Glacial Cascade ( I switched a few levels back, massive upgrade but I was lacking cast speed so who knows )

I'm new to the game and haven't bought items from people and am probably using poorly optimized gear. I'm looking at some of the gear people have linked but I don't know what I should start collecting first. Is there any item specifically that would have a big impact that I could pick up soon? I have several chaos orbs at this point and various other orbs for currency.
What are your thoughts about replacing the first jewel with Fevered Mind for more DPS and to activate Arcane Surge ASAP, and using Scorching Ray + Flammability + Cast on Channel + Arcane Surge? Scorching Ray to add another 24% reduced fire resistance against bosses, and to help against anti-hex mobs?
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm almost level 50 using Glacial Cascade ( I switched a few levels back, massive upgrade but I was lacking cast speed so who knows )

I'm new to the game and haven't bought items from people and am probably using poorly optimized gear. I'm looking at some of the gear people have linked but I don't know what I should start collecting first. Is there any item specifically that would have a big impact that I could pick up soon? I have several chaos orbs at this point and various other orbs for currency.

The biggest improvement you'll see is with Soul Mantle. With the granted lvl 20 Spell Totem, it's basically a +1 to your links, so it improves the build dramatically. With Soul Mantle, you'll either need to get some duration flasks "of Warding" like silver/diamond flasks, or two Kikazaru rings. The rings allow for more DPS in the form of the Self-Flagellation jewel, but it's more expensive than just using flasks. Depending on your weapons, two Divinarius is a decent starting point for GC totems. The more uniques you add though, the harder it'll be to max your resistances, so just plan accordingly.

"
Velrion wrote:
What are your thoughts about replacing the first jewel with Fevered Mind for more DPS and to activate Arcane Surge ASAP, and using Scorching Ray + Flammability + Cast on Channel + Arcane Surge? Scorching Ray to add another 24% reduced fire resistance against bosses, and to help against anti-hex mobs?

Are you in the right thread? Arcane Surge should be activating in a single cast of your curse of choice, which should also never be Flammability because this is a crit spell build that pierces resistances through the Inquisitor ascendancy choices. Also, as I was saying a couple posts back, our mana pool is this build's main survivability, because of MoM. Using massive amounts of mana to trigger Arcane Surge, presumably you leveled it past 12, just wastes precious mana for survival. Arcane Surge doesn't scale very well, so a lvl 10-12 Arcane Surge gains nearly the same bonuses as a lvl 20, but takes only 1 cast of a properly linked curse.
"
Defiants wrote:

Soul Mantle even 5L is a big boost in damage. Next is survivability. Try to buy shield, amulet, 2xring, glove, boot, belt with life (best is 80+) and elemental resistance (as long as the all elemental res should have 135% for each element, taking in account of -60% handicap after killing Act10 boss, so each piece should have on average ~57% res (=135%*3/7)). End game gears would also require crit multiplier, crit chance, spell damage, cold damage but it would cost you a fortune for each piece with that many good mods, so just focus on defensive mods now.

poe.trade and poeapp.com both have ways to search for mods so you can play around with them
Aw yeah, got a cheap 2socket Soul Mantle and used a Prophecy I got randomly last night to give it 5S 5L -- I'm pretty stoked. Increased its value dramatically as well. Feels pretty good for my first trade.

You mention the more uniques I get effecting resistances, is it something like each piece decreaeses the effectiveness of my resistances?

At this point I have fifteen Chaos Orbs, where do you think they would be best spent? Should I try to buy all rares my level with decent health modifiers?

What priority do you figure my stats should be?

Health > Crit Multiplier > Crit Chance > Spell Dmg, Cold Dmg, or did you just list those off at random etc? Are there any rough amounts I'm aiming for as far as crit chance/multiplier goes? Like an amount where it starts to become less effecient to stack it etc?
"
Defiants wrote:
Aw yeah, got a cheap 2socket Soul Mantle and used a Prophecy I got randomly last night to give it 5S 5L -- I'm pretty stoked. Increased its value dramatically as well. Feels pretty good for my first trade.

You mention the more uniques I get effecting resistances, is it something like each piece decreaeses the effectiveness of my resistances?

At this point I have fifteen Chaos Orbs, where do you think they would be best spent? Should I try to buy all rares my level with decent health modifiers?

What priority do you figure my stats should be?

Health > Crit Multiplier > Crit Chance > Spell Dmg, Cold Dmg, or did you just list those off at random etc? Are there any rough amounts I'm aiming for as far as crit chance/multiplier goes? Like an amount where it starts to become less effecient to stack it etc?

No I mean the only recommended/required unique is Soul Mantle. The rest of gears you should choose rare gears with good mods.

For mods, focus on defensive mods, life > elemental resistance. For elemental resistance, try to cap your resistance at 75% each element (actually 135% before handicap -60%). Then if it has offensive mods too, then it's the best but it should be expensive so only consider after you reach mid tier map or more.
"
wiwigvn wrote:
No I mean the only recommended/required unique is Soul Mantle. The rest of gears you should choose rare gears with good mods.

For mods, focus on defensive mods, life > elemental resistance. For elemental resistance, try to cap your resistance at 75% each element (actually 135% before handicap -60%). Then if it has offensive mods too, then it's the best but it should be expensive so only consider after you reach mid tier map or more.

Not the greatest advice here, as there are plenty of other uniques that work well with GC totems. Yes, Soul Mantle is the only one that is "required" to make GC totems really stand out, but Divinarius is the best cheap weapon option for a starting build. In fact, Divinarius will continue to work into T15 maps as I have done, as the prices of rare daggers/shields with good mods are still very pricey. Rare weapons/shields with the best mods are going to cost dozens of times more than Divinarius will. Then you can get into 2 Kikazaru with Self-Flagellation, which is a good option, but will put strict requirements on the rest of your gear for resistances. Add a Bisco's Collar like many farmers will, including myself, and you'll be down to just 4 rares to cap resistances, which is still doable. To top it off, Atziri's Promise increases damage by a large amount as well.
Alright I have a Soul Mantle, two of those rings and the Flagellation jewel, a Divinarius, and Atziris Foible necklace -- any suggestions as to where to go from here? High elemental resist yellows for the rest of slots?
"
Defiants wrote:
Alright I have a Soul Mantle, two of those rings and the Flagellation jewel, a Divinarius, and Atziris Foible necklace -- any suggestions as to where to go from here? High elemental resist yellows for the rest of slots?

Basically yeah, just high life/res gear is what completes the build. I'd recommend replacing your amulet with something else. If you can, get a rare ammy with life/tri-res and try to fit Kaom's Roots into the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info