[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Crypt666 wrote:
I have a question, I'm playing PoE since the last league, the author recommends use Cloak Of Defiance, but in the tree, the author puts Mind Over Matter and the COD already have this mod, I know two MoM don't stack, but, MoM gives 400 mana, should I use the MoM passive with this armor at the same time or I should look for another armor? Thanks in advance (noob question).

The creator of this build also hasn't posted or edited the guide since Aug 3rd, and there are variations of the build which are better than the original one posted. The original build even mentions that the Glacial Cascade variant might be better, and I think most people that have tried the GC build agree that it is much better. If you have the time, try reading this thread from around 200+ for some good tips on how to achieve a strong glacial cascade totem build.
Last edited by Dromlin on Aug 29, 2017, 3:42:46 PM
"
Viperface wrote:
Just died 4 times in the merciless lab...

I have never - ever completed the labs in the many years I have been playing.

I wish GGG would remove this stupid area. Looks like no Ascendancy again this league either.

Updated on 8/29

I finally made it through Merciless lab. I even managed to have 4 treasure keys at the end.

And I'm still doing the Flameblast build and lo and behold what enchant did I get?
the 30% of GC physical Damage converted to Cold Damage on my Circlet!
Is that actually useful for the GC build?

Don't give up mate. I'm using this build and finished uber lab yesterday on level 80, with non-optimal gear, without problems (maybe except some traps that I tried to run through).
Hi there i just wonder how good the Three Dragon unique is for this build, just found one and tried to test with and without it and dont seem to spot much difference, though im pretty new to the game.
would the tree be any drastically diffrent if you went Selfcast flameblast?

i find the -30cast on totem to be rather annoying atleast in the beginning due to low cast speed
since im playing solo self found

got any suggestions? would another ascendancy be better?
Last edited by shadowragex on Aug 30, 2017, 8:16:53 AM
After playing the GC version of the build till Tier 13 maps, I try now to build a Flameblast Hierophant around the unique Soulthirst belt (to get a lot of speed cast).
At the moment I`m playing Tier 5 maps to lvl up (now lvl 70) and have to say that I'm very satisfied with the current Result. The biggest problem I'm struggling with, is how to keep my Templar alive.
So maybe there is some experienced player who can take a look of my Templar to give me some advices or hints on how to improve the build...

My skilltree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1
/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBx4I9AmqC2EMXw5IEMwRLRGWHKcdFB8CHxgi9CaIJy8
qEysmLJwy0TbFOtg8BTwtPV9Bh0GWRUdJT0yzTq5R-1JTU6VVxlhtWOVaK15dZDNmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRl7IHyDf8aCm4Nfg8yD24PzhTKLj
I9GkFWTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjuf36IAo_KnCKeUrhKus69ssTa3MLc-vKq86sBmwJrGrs0W0PXR_dWm2L3Z_Oha6-7sOO0873zwH_iT-d356PrS_gr-hw==?accountName=chrkof86&characterName=Eoron
Last edited by chrkof86 on Aug 30, 2017, 6:16:53 PM
"
chrkof86 wrote:
After playing the GC version of the build till Tier 13 maps, I try now to build a Flameblast Hierophant around the unique Soulthirst belt (to get a lot of speed cast).
At the moment I`m playing Tier 5 maps to lvl up (now lvl 70) and have to say that I'm very satisfied with the current Result. The biggest problem I'm struggling with, is how to keep my Templar alive.
So maybe there is some experienced player who can take a look of my Templar to give me some advices or hints on how to improve the build...

My skilltree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1
/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBx4I9AmqC2EMXw5IEMwRLRGWHKcdFB8CHxgi9CaIJy8
qEysmLJwy0TbFOtg8BTwtPV9Bh0GWRUdJT0yzTq5R-1JTU6VVxlhtWOVaK15dZDNmnmhaaPJqQ2wLbRl7IHyDf8aCm4Nfg8yD24PzhTKLj
I9GkFWTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjuf36IAo_KnCKeUrhKus69ssTa3MLc-vKq86sBmwJrGrs0W0PXR_dWm2L3Z_Oha6-7sOO0873zwH_iT-d356PrS_gr-hw==?accountName=chrkof86&characterName=Eoron

... now i changed my whole gem and item setup back to my older inquisitor templar (much more dps and cast speed but i still think hierophant would be better for survivability) and its already much better to play... still thinking about how it would be possible to improve my templars survivability.
Maybe with more life reg?
Last edited by chrkof86 on Aug 30, 2017, 7:39:06 PM
"
chrkof86 wrote:
or templar (much more dps and cast speed but i still think hierophant would be better for survivability) and its already much better to play... still thinking about how it would be possible to improve my templars survivability.

You need to change your playstyle if you're dying with this build, i.e. your totems should be dying while you're a safe distance away from anything dangerous. I can easily clear T15+ without dying because I stay mobile and use totems to absorb damage. Assuming you're using MoM as you should be, make sure your mana regen is high enough to keep you full at all times so it can absorb big hits. Basically, if you're standing still for more than a second with this build, you're playing it wrong.
"
Viperface wrote:
Just died 4 times in the merciless lab...

I have never - ever completed the labs in the many years I have been playing.

I wish GGG would remove this stupid area. Looks like no Ascendancy again this league either.

Updated on 8/29

I finally made it through Merciless lab. I even managed to have 4 treasure keys at the end.

And I'm still doing the Flameblast build and lo and behold what enchant did I get?
the 30% of GC physical Damage converted to Cold Damage on my Circlet!
Is that actually useful for the GC build?

It's kinda useful, ofc 40% convert is best for GC, because then 100% phys damage of GC will be converted to cold and we can replace the Phys to Lightning Gem with a better DPS gem, also higher cold damage => more chill/freeze
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 30, 2017, 10:42:55 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
chrkof86 wrote:
or templar (much more dps and cast speed but i still think hierophant would be better for survivability) and its already much better to play... still thinking about how it would be possible to improve my templars survivability.

You need to change your playstyle if you're dying with this build, i.e. your totems should be dying while you're a safe distance away from anything dangerous. I can easily clear T15+ without dying because I stay mobile and use totems to absorb damage. Assuming you're using MoM as you should be, make sure your mana regen is high enough to keep you full at all times so it can absorb big hits. Basically, if you're standing still for more than a second with this build, you're playing it wrong.

The point is that I'm playing with MoM but didn't picked up all of the mana reg. nodes because for the Soul Eater, I need to keep my mana flask effect up as long as possible. So I use an Fevered Mind (100% increased mana cost of skills + MoM) to keep my mana pool always near empty... Soul Eater grants for each stack 5% increased attack and cast speed, 5% increased elemental resistances, 5% additional Physical Damage Reduction, and 1% increased character.
But: Once flask effect ends, either by fulfilling the flask duration or when mana or life fills to full, the player loses all souls gained during Soul Eater. This also occurs if the player uses another flask while Soul Eater is active... which also means if possbile not to drink any other potions than my saturated sanctified mana flask.

Now I'm going for the Life reg. nodes in the passive skill tree...
But you're surely right that the positioning is a very important aspect of this build.
"
chrkof86 wrote:
The point is that I'm playing with MoM but didn't picked up all of the mana reg. nodes because for the Soul Eater, I need to keep my mana flask effect up as long as possible. So I use an Fevered Mind (100% increased mana cost of skills + MoM) to keep my mana pool always near empty... Soul Eater grants for each stack 5% increased attack and cast speed, 5% increased elemental resistances, 5% additional Physical Damage Reduction, and 1% increased character.
But: Once flask effect ends, either by fulfilling the flask duration or when mana or life fills to full, the player loses all souls gained during Soul Eater. This also occurs if the player uses another flask while Soul Eater is active... which also means if possbile not to drink any other potions than my saturated sanctified mana flask.

Now I'm going for the Life reg. nodes in the passive skill tree...
But you're surely right that the positioning is a very important aspect of this build.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the time you're dying, it's a fast death, 2-3 hits at most? That's the only thing that should be killing you as a totem build, because you should never be taking lots of hits at once. So since you have MoM, by keeping your mana pool always near empty, you're basically lowering your life by 30%. MoM is the main thing that will keep you alive when facing bosses that deal 4k damage in 1 hit, and you're making it worthless by spending all your mana. Get rid of that Fevered Mind jewel and stop going into life regen nodes.

I know you want to fit Soulthirst into your build, but you're sacrificing survivability through MoM in order to maintain your mana flask duration. You've probably hit the reason why Soulthirst wasn't a recommended part of the build, it just doesn't sustain well with the passive tree choices that were outlined. You might just need to find a different source of suggestions, because not only has this build thread not been updated in nearly a month, but your build is significantly different from it in the first place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info