[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

So I am using the FlameBlast set up still, have finished the story line and are doing Maps at T3-5, but die alot still. I have 80+ deaths, of which half of them were from the final Boss alone. I'm still getting 1 shot a bunch of times from heavy hitting map enemies, and not always the boss.
I'm using a 5-link Cloak of Defiance, and the rest of my gear is all Rares.

I have not completed the Merc Lab yet, is the Inquisitor still the choice for GC?

Is there a big difference in the skill tree switching to GC?
Where might that be found, or what skill tree is everyone going by?
I found one from Exodus820 on Reddit, but not sure if it is the same as this general guide.

I have started collecting items. I have the Kaom's boots the 2 Kika rings, self Flag gem, a 6 socket SM that still needs fusing.
Is there a huge difference in 5 to 6 links on the Mantle?

Thanks for any help with my questions...
"
Viperface wrote:
So I am using the FlameBlast set up still, have finished the story line and are doing Maps at T3-5, but die alot still. I have 80+ deaths, of which half of them were from the final Boss alone. I'm still getting 1 shot a bunch of times from heavy hitting map enemies, and not always the boss.
I'm using a 5-link Cloak of Defiance, and the rest of my gear is all Rares.

I have not completed the Merc Lab yet, is the Inquisitor still the choice for GC?

Is there a big difference in the skill tree switching to GC?
Where might that be found, or what skill tree is everyone going by?
I found one from Exodus820 on Reddit, but not sure if it is the same as this general guide.

I have started collecting items. I have the Kaom's boots the 2 Kika rings, self Flag gem, a 6 socket SM that still needs fusing.
Is there a huge difference in 5 to 6 links on the Mantle?

Thanks for any help with my questions...

There is not much different in tree except gc can ignore cast speed and fire damage. You probably died because of lack of mana to run away or lack of defense setup/ too low hp, remember, totem first in front then go in. My tree is solely on defensive side with regen priority. Still trying to 6link my ambu charge body piece to complete my build (too lazy to use pot)Complete that and going back to regen belt, 600+hp regen/s is relaxing. Flameblast only problem is they didn't slow mob for you. Gc is good for that. Mantle is perhaps the best source of dps when you 6l it. But too much pot managing for me to remove curse. My motto, pot is only for boss battle or lag.
"
LastxResort wrote:
For the glacial cascade version what is the best gem setup with soul mantle? This is what i am currently using but i am not sure it is the best.

1 Glacial Cascade
2 Physical to Light (replace with what Faster Casting? once i get the helm enchant)
3 Increased Critical Strikes
4 Conttrolled Destruction
5 Inc AoE (Dec AoE on bosses)
6 Elemental Focus

I apologize if this was already discussed but there are lot of pages.

Thanks

Personally, I'd go with:
1 Glacial Cascade
2 Physical to Light
3 Added Fire Damage
4 Increased Critical Strikes
5 Controlled Destruction
6 Inc AoE / Con AoE

Ele Focus should be used for hard bosses only because you cannot freeze/chill mobs in general mapping which I think a bit dangerous :D If you have the conversion enchant, you can slap it in, I guess since there is no better dps option, though you may also consider faster casting just to keep freeze/chill mobs
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 28, 2017, 12:54:02 AM
In terms of straight DPS increases and if you have the GC conversion helm enchant, per Path of Building, the most important gems in order are:

1. Glacial Cascade
2. Concentrated Effect
3. Elemental Focus
4. Controlled Destruction
5. Added Fire Damage
6. Empower (lvl 4)
7. Inc Crit Strikes
8. Faster Casting

I know the Inc Crit Strikes losing priority over Empower seems counterintuitive, but this is not really a crit build where the player gains bonuses from being high crit. The only bonus from GC crit strike is to penetrate resistances, but the increase in damage from 70% crit to 95% crit isn't enough to beat out a lvl 4 Empower in Path of Building. With the cost or work to get a lvl 4 Empower, there's nothing wrong with using Inc Crit Strikes, only about 5% less DPS. Faster Casting coming in last can also come down to preference as well, where if you're fighting mobs that are very fast, it would be nice to have totems casting GC faster.

As for whether Elemental Focus should be used in general mapping, well once your DPS gets high enough, you'll be killing mobs before they even freeze, so the ailments are pretty pointless there as well. Inc AoE is an option for general mapping, but that will come down to preference as well.
Just died 4 times in the merciless lab...

I have never - ever completed the labs in the many years I have been playing.

I wish GGG would remove this stupid area. Looks like no Ascendancy again this league either.

Updated on 8/29

I finally made it through Merciless lab. I even managed to have 4 treasure keys at the end.

And I'm still doing the Flameblast build and lo and behold what enchant did I get?
the 30% of GC physical Damage converted to Cold Damage on my Circlet!
Is that actually useful for the GC build?
Last edited by Viperface on Aug 29, 2017, 11:46:23 AM
"
Viperface wrote:

I wish GGG would remove this stupid area. Looks like no Ascendancy again this league either.

lol, srsly Lab is a bit hard for this build, I've also met some nice guys and have them carried me. If you're play around 9 am - 12 pm CST, PM me in game, I can carry you through labs with my Berserker, easy Lab runner.

There're also a lot of people offering carrying service for 1c for normal/cruel/merc or for offering and loots in uber.
"
Viperface wrote:

Men... It's not that hard... I have completed Merci lab at least 10 times already in HCC SSF.

Other thing it's Uber Lab, these one it's really hard, but the Merciless One it's very affordable.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
so i'm playing the glacial cascade version of this build, it's going great so far.
Currently aiming to get my soul mantle to 6 link.

What I am wondering about is what would be the best single target setup for the chestpiece?

Currently doing this with my tabula rasa for single target;
Glacial cascade
Spell Totem
Phys to lightning
Increased Crit
Concentraded Effect
Controlled destruction

do you guys think there is a better combination? Should I swap out something else than elemental focus and increased area of effect for the Concentraded Effect and Controlled destruction gems?

Also how would it look for soul mantle? (The single target setup I mean)

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LuckEnabled on Aug 29, 2017, 8:35:47 AM
I have a question, I'm playing PoE since the last league, the author recommends use Cloak Of Defiance, but in the tree, the author puts Mind Over Matter and the COD already have this mod, I know two MoM don't stack, but, MoM gives 400 mana, should I use the MoM passive with this armor at the same time or I should look for another armor? Thanks in advance (noob question).
"
Crypt666 wrote:
I have a question, I'm playing PoE since the last league, the author recommends use Cloak Of Defiance, but in the tree, the author puts Mind Over Matter and the COD already have this mod, I know two MoM don't stack, but, MoM gives 400 mana, should I use the MoM passive with this armor at the same time or I should look for another armor? Thanks in advance (noob question).

The cloak of defiance has another build-in 10% of mom's effect giving a total of 40% dmg taken from mana. You would still take the mom node just for the 2 mana nodes after it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info