[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
antelopesalad wrote:
For everyone who is at a decent level and have gone GC, did you also go Heiro?

Why heiro? You lose penetration, crit/damage, some chill/freeze/shock. For what?
Since I am a scrub, I am hoping someone can clear stuff up for me:

What are the pro/cons of GC vs Flameblast?

If I'm already inquisitor, should I just stick with flameblast? Seems like people are saying hierophant is better for it?

Basically, I am too dumb to know the logic, but it seems that lots of people are moving over to GC and I don't know why or if I should. Thanks smart folk!
"
ramarus wrote:
"
antelopesalad wrote:
For everyone who is at a decent level and have gone GC, did you also go Heiro?

Why heiro? You lose penetration, crit/damage, some chill/freeze/shock. For what?

I don't know, that's why I asked.

Couple of people in recent replies said it's better because 4 totems adds a ton of defensive and protection against fast moving monsters. DPS seems about the same (going by what they said).

Edit: Keep in mind, that's in the context of HC too.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Aug 8, 2017, 11:52:58 AM
"
antelopesalad wrote:

I don't know, that's why I asked.

Couple of people in recent replies said it's better because 4 totems adds a ton of defensive and protection against fast moving monsters. DPS seems about the same (going by what they said).

Edit: Keep in mind, that's in the context of HC too.

As GC Inquisitor i have three death so far, Avarius (balls), Brine King (tidal then smack) and Kitava (bad skill dodge). All of them nearly insta death. Not sure if two more totem will help with this.
Also GC feel so much safer than FB due to it's fast cast and slow/freeze.
What do you think the DPS difference really is with 4 totems vs Inquisitor?

I've only gotten to the beginning of A5 so far (L45 - HC league) so I haven't experienced much yet in terms of new content.
defence =0 dps low-mid

9.2kdmg

9.9kdmg
Last edited by TheGrammaton on Aug 8, 2017, 1:09:12 PM
What is GC ?
Glacial Cascade almost certain. There's a comment on the first post that using glacial cascade is a nice option to flameblast (I'm lvl 50 GC in that case, Inquisitor and loving it)
Last edited by lvaleria on Aug 8, 2017, 2:18:56 PM
So far this is my gear - Level 84 in the league, taking it a bit slow - Can't do super high tier maps as of right now, Tier 7/8 Seem a bit hard as it is? 1-2 hit white packs with two totems down / Boss takes some time of dancing -
I do switch gems time to time depending what i do. - I find that my Gems for clearing Spell totem/GC/Faster caster/Phys 2 Lighting/ Increased AoE - Seems to be the better choices - for bosses swap incaoe-Concentrated effect/
I was able to solo uber lab first try, fairly fast.
The build does seem to lack Defense, Not sure what to do to improve it. Getting owned is part of the build maybe.
Avoid getting hit is what i learnt. Whirling blades kinda helps with that.

IF there is any improvements to my gear/weapons/Jewelry please let me know on what I should make.
I'm sitting at 4.3kHP/650 Shield/ 2500 Mana - 800 after reserved -

Is Heiro Better or should I stay Inquis?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Last edited by Stormzerker on Aug 8, 2017, 2:28:06 PM
How does three dragons fit into the build as a possible item?

I'm assuming crits from flameblast are supposed to shock but that doesn't happen unless I'm not using a totem,

My objective is that I'd like to get the new gore herald worked into the build somehow and maybe have a curse on hit setup with that.

FB crit means shock, dead shocked mob means trigger of herald, herald hits mean flammability curses. Is this not possible with three dragons?

I've tried looking in here for answers but not been able to find any, I may have missed something due to the size of the thread.

Any help here in in game would be appreciated, I'm struggling to wrap my head around the mechanics :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info