[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
APEC wrote:
How do u survive?
Need some ES leech...
Vaal Disc is not the option...

You can't life leech with totems. If you put life leech on them, THE TOTEMS will be the ones getting the life. Pious path is the best option to go honestly. You can push 9-10% regen per second. And since your totems are doing the fighting, there's no reason for you to be in the middle of the fight. Pious path + 2 sulphur flasks + vaal disc is pretty much all of the sustain you need (if you don't play like an idiot).

And you don't really loose THAT MUCH dps or speed when going pious path over instruments of virtue.
Level 77 so far, what do you guys think I should upgrade next? I'm feeling a bit squishy, but most packs seem to die in 1 hit.

Spoiler

Still need to get some Jewels, I think that could help.
Just started HC 70 and want to transition to CI maybe possibly vaal spark.

First time doing pizza sticks and I messed up my skill tree and unsure how to recover it.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswagBx4JqgthDFIQzBGWFm8Yah0UHwIi9CoTMtE1kjbFOuE8BTwtPV9FR0lPSbFMs03jUlNVxlZIWAdY5VorXl1khGaeaPJsC20Zbqp4L3sgfIN85X_GgpuDzIPbhTKLjI9GkyeVLpctl5WX9Jo7m6Gf36IAo_KmV6cIp5Soua9stfK3PryqwGbAmsau0f3SfNWm18_YJNi92fza3eNq6-7tPO9874jwH_JF-JP5N_m9-d360v4K_of-jw==

Also how can I optimise my build to farm dried lake to get some currency to go CI
Spoiler
Last edited by realbux on Mar 16, 2017, 1:09:02 PM
"
SquallionX wrote:
"
AquilaOZ wrote:

Thanks for the great reply. Guess I will respec for more crit. Cast speed is harder, since I don't have a lot of currency yet. 120% is not bad though. I have a Chayula, but there is something that still insta-kills me sometimes. I wish there was a way of knowing what it was. All resists over 75%, Can't be reflect since I'm not doing the damage. My gems are still low quality. I should be able to flip them hopefully soon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AquilaOZ/characters

You're very welcome.
Indeed as I said before, crit is the most important stat in this build.

Concerning your setup, you will need to get asap the crit nodes close to shadow, you will see a huge bump in damage.
I see you are using a double dagger setup, it's greedy, specially since you don't have really high ES gear elsewhere.

About the fact you are getting insta-killed by "something", check what you rolled in the maps affixes, you have to keep in mind that you don't have any mitigation as CI.
For example, you roll Ele weakness + increased crit chance/multi in your map, a simple blue skeleton shooting ice projectiles will probably OS you if you have 8K ES and not too high in level.

Best way to stay alive : Increase your ES pool above 10k, grind some lvls by doing lower lvl maps (damage is mitigating by the amount of lvls you have above the map lvl).
Some map affixes looks not dangerous for people not used to, but they are:

- Elemental weakness + added elemental damage (x1 is dangerous,x2 is deadly)
- Crit chance/crit multi + increased ice damage (deadly as CI, perma freezing, need anti freeze flasks.
- Vulnerability + bleeding mobs: Can be hell fast, bleeding flask is mandatory anyway but...

And there is more, most of people are dying because of those maps badly rolled because they don't want to spend chaos in it. Mistakes are made.

A lot of question are about regen ES or leech, ofc we can't leech since the totems are doing the damage.
A build around ES regen is not viable atm with a totem setup, so need an other solution.

The solution is: Use Vaal discipline : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Discipline

I am using two of them, linked with Increased duration, when you take damage you use one, your ES regen even if you take damage. The second one is charging, you just do a turn over between them. It is really usefull for high maps breaches.

Enjoy.

That's interesting about the map affixes. I had assumed it was something like a status ailment that was killing me - even though my flasks cover pretty much all of them except curses. I'll keep more of an eye on the map affixes. You are right that using two daggers is greedy :-) It is my low map setup where I am greedy for that 17% cast speed. I also have a setup using an ES shield, but it seems so slow as sludge. As soon as I can buy some regrets (seems hard atm) I will finish respeccing across to those crit nodes. So counter-intuitive that I am giving up all the fire damage nodes. You have to activate your vaal discipline's manually, right? Do you have a special mouse setup for that?

Thanks again for all the advice.
Enjoying this build a lot. I went the CI route and am able to clear everything up to T15 twinned and even did one guardian with my current gear.

Currently saving money for a 6l high es chest. Which will be my biggest upgrade both in defence and offence.

Playing this build in Hardcore Legacy. Only had one oh shit moment so far. I am 72 at the moment. What is everyone's cast speed? I am sitting at 105% and I think that is a bit low...

Last edited by keifkeif on Mar 16, 2017, 5:58:23 PM
Building this aswell on HC, bought a nice 6link chest(corrupted with right colors ftw!) and now speedleveling up, love the build so far, going scepter shield because its cheaper.
I'm n00b, why are the daggers on the sample gears have local increase critical chance? Shouldn't it be global increase critical chance?

Thanks!
Noob Question, whats the point of Ice Spear if you personally don't do any damage?
"
Dootchie wrote:
Noob Question, whats the point of Ice Spear if you personally don't do any damage?

I would assume to proc CoH. Where does he reference Ice Spear? I was pretty sure he said to use Orb of Storms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info