[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
mateki0 wrote:
How you've got so much DoT ? I have 92 lvl, 20,5k spell dmg on ed and only 69k DoT. I am missing some dps from ed (failed vaal 3 times) 38% spell dmg from tree and ~30 if i change amulet for the one with spell and chaos dmg. But it wouldn't be 170k DoT for sure.

I've got 106k DoT as level 95 without any buffs (just as shown in hideout) and support gems at lvl 19. The key to it was chaos staff +3 + empower lvl 4 + ED lvl 21. It all makes your ED on 28 level and this is the key source of high dps.
I think my Harbinger character has around 70-80k unbuffed tooltip DPS. This is what PoB will report as 170k after applying Wither/Despair etc. If you want higher DPS than this, you could go the same route as ziuteczek suggests with a +3 staff. Another option is Skin of the Loyal. Personally, I am happy with a 5L ED and around 50k tooltip DPS. I can get the additional DPS from Blight where it is needed.

@gingermanx, if you have that much currency to spend, I would not play ED this league. After you invest 2-4ex in this build, there is not much you can do to scale it further. You might end up getting 10-20% more DPS if you invest a ton of currency, but I'd recommend investing that into another build that scales better with money. ED is best suited for league starters or if you have a very specified character (pure boss farmer etc.) where you need something that is more all-round.
Hi Nedieth, can I ask how you calculate that DPS against Elder/Shaper to get that 170k number? I know about the variance between the tooltip and actual damage, but I'm not quite certain how to pull a number like that without a third party app or something.

Great build guide by the way ;)
Exiles,

Here is my build. It is AMAZING! I'm still a low level, but i can clear packs of monsters instantly.

Check out my gear below:

Need: Belt, helmet, shoes... but hey, im not doing t 10 maps yet so im good with these. (until i farm more currency). Yes, i know im missing increased duration in my help :p.

EDIT/UPDATE:

just got that helmet enchant; woohoo!

Adam.
Last edited by Rippin_Heads on Jan 25, 2018, 8:46:33 PM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

EDIT/UPDATE:

just got that helmet enchant; woohoo!

Adam.

Hi! SOrry to say, but this enchant on helmet is pretty much useless. THe damage, that is important, relates to Essence Drain. Contagion just spreads it across monsters, but it's ED that is doing dmg.

@ayashi, I assumed everyone knew about Path of Building by now. My bad! Path of Building, or PoB, is a very powerful tool to check the maths behind your character. I have not included links to my characters through PoB in the guide since they are easily manipulated. For a hybrid character like this, it can also be tricky to read the output if you are new to the game. If you or anyone else find the following useful, I will add it to the main guide.

When you want to check how your character is doing, you first want to import your character. For this calculation, I have imported my level 98 ED MoM Trickster that I played in Harbinger HC. Since this is a calculation of how good DPS the character can achieve against the ultra endgame, I made a few changes:

-Removed Temp. Chains
-Added Impresence
-Added Despair
-Added Clear Mind
-Rebalanced passive tree for less mana requirement

Now to the page on PoB where it is easy to cheese the DPS numbers:

Notice that even though my character generally has full frenzy and power charges, I do no tick those off. Shaper and his guardians are long fights, and we do not maintain our charges throughout them. I also set my enemy type to Shaper/Guardian to make sure the chaos resistance and curse effectiveness is correct. Since we assume that the player is managing his character well, we set Wither to 15 stacks.

We can now go to the Calcs page where we can get enough info to find out how well Blight is performing:

This is pretty much as good as it gets for this build. You can get the DPS higher with some shaped rings or essences, but that will be extremely expensive.

Hope this helps, and do tell if there is something else you wonder about so I can edit this and rewrite the PoB section of the main guide.

EDIT: I have not included the attack/cast speed by using a movement skill recently. If you need to move by using a Shield Charge, the gained cast speed will allow you to recast everything as well as continuing to Blight without dropping too many stacks.

Keep in mind that this number is the best possible outcome, and against most of the endgame bosses you will only be able to get to this DPS in very spesific situations. On the other hand, the DoT nature of the build makes it very easy to maintain at least 200-300k DPS on the bosses even while moving a lot.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 26, 2018, 8:59:09 AM
"
ayashi wrote:
Hi Nedieth, can I ask how you calculate that DPS against Elder/Shaper to get that 170k number? I know about the variance between the tooltip and actual damage, but I'm not quite certain how to pull a number like that without a third party app or something.

Great build guide by the way ;)

To get a pretty accurate damage calculation against Shaper / Guardians, you have to make some reasoning around it.

Let's say you have 100k tooltip DOT on ED.

Then you have to add your buffs (charges) and factor debuffs (curses / increased damage taken / chaos resistance lowering)

Wither at full stacks increases the chaos damage taken by 90%, so you have 190k effective DPS.

If you take into account the damage increase on hindered mobs by 2x Spreading rot, you have 240k effective DPS. That effect, btw, would never be up 100% of the time because of Blight mechanics.

Level 21/20 Despair gives 35% increased damage taken by the target and -30% chaos resistance. Since Shaper / Guardians have 80% less curse effect on them, you are looking at a 6% chaos resistance lowering and 7% increased chaos damage taken. Shaper / Guardians have 25% chaos resistance, so they will still have 19% chaos resistance after Despair is applied. Your 247k (100k + 147% from wither, spreading rots and Despair) becomes 200k. That's your Shaper / Guardians DPS if you can mantain Wither at full stacks 100% of the time (possible, but hard) and Blight's hinder debuff 100% of the time (impossible).

You can also factor Arcane Surge in the calculation if you are able to mantain it up via Contagion. If you use a lvl 10 Arcane Surge, you can add 15% MORE spell damage (so the 200k would become 230k).

That's an example of how to calculate damage against Shaper and Guardians. The starting number (100k tooltip) is random, but you get the idea of how to develop the calculation process.

EDIT: lol, Nedi posted while I was writing. You got two accurate answers! :D
Last edited by djnat on Jan 26, 2018, 9:20:06 AM
reliable as always, djnat. I guess we can consider ayashi educated by now ;)
Djnat and Nedieth you two freaking rock. Seriously this is perfect; I couldn't have asked for better information. Thank you both so much :D
Hi guys,

I'm currently sitting at 8.2k Tool-tp ED. Can anyone suggest certain items to get it above 20k. I'm really have a difficult time.

Thanks,

Adam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info