[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Nevermind... got it to work.
Last edited by cjbender on Jan 3, 2018, 11:09:55 PM
Minotaur is down!! Having trouble progressing to the other guardians with map drops :(

Just wondering if I’m ready for shaper and red elder with this gear? If not where should I upgrade? Gonna start farming lab for helm enchant. Which one is best for us? Increased blight or ED damage?

Cheers
I'm currently transitioning into the LL build and have recently transferred my passives losing Walk the Aether and Weave the Arcane by going into Shade Form. Gained 1.5k extra shield going from 5.7k -> 7.2k along with 1.4k health. I'm just wondering whether or not Weave the Arcane is more beneficent to keep rather than going all the way to Shade Form?

Also what are your thoughts on Memory Vault? Not sure if it's beneficial to have an extra 1k armor and forget about LL or go for help with high es/res

Great build so far, slow clear on bosses, but safe nonetheless.
Last edited by MVALLES on Jan 4, 2018, 3:57:26 AM
Hey, i am that guy who thought ED was boring and slow, but as i played it more, it became one of the most fun chars of all i have played so far. Started off following your guide, but then i got a 6l under 15 fuses and used it for my gear.
So yeah, if anyone could look up my gear and tree and hint me some stuff i might have missed or made wrong:

i know i'm missing enchants , but i was wondering about the elder boots i found are they good for contagion?
Also, tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwYVhhqG8gc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8LTy2QYdFR0WdSVFMs1KvU1JVxlgHWrlcQF3yXyph4mKVYqxn_GjyakNqjGwLbIxtGXWedoJ4L3yDfOV_xoCzgseDX4PMg9uHy4sOjxqP-pFHkyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuhnaqhL6IAotmjo6ZXp5usmK1KsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvOq9J76KwGbIDMgUytPPFc_d0B_Yvdo73V_rY-vk6-7v6_Af8NXyRfVv99f56P4K_o8=?accountName=wolleru&characterName=Wollerru
I went full IIQ build with shavronne(was lazy to adjust skill tree etc). Cant say, is it better or not as windripper raider (played last league), but the amount of dropped items is too damn high. I guess I need more strict loot filter. Need zana 8 for sweet breaches.
Ok so, I love this skill combo, and I played it a bit last league but didn't have currency to fully unlock it.

My first character has made me a lot of currency and I went ahead and bought a 6l shavs the colors we need and a chayula necklace

Now my question is, for the low life version. That you say really unlocks the builds potential. You don't give any advice for gems or items. Do I still look for +life on items or do I only look for energy shield? I've never used a chayula necklace before so idk. Also I'm not sure about the gems to use...you say we have to make choices ourselves but I don't see any options on what to chose from, and alas my game knowledge isn't that strong g yet.

Any help would greatly be appreciated
Sorry for some late replies, but here goes!

@Deonbekende, I would keep the BotC if I were you. Being able to swap between weapons depending on the content you are doing makes everything much smoother. The other items I would aim for (Allelopathy and The Perfect Form) are rather cheap, so you will get those quite quickly anyway. Stexnex makes good points in his reply, but I would not go for a decay weapon with the current scaling. If you want a weapon that is something in between a BotC and a Brightbeak, see if you can make or find a Sai with high spell damage and attack speed.

@inB4, if you want to focus on boss killing, Blight damage is the way to go. Otherwise, just get anything that gives utility to the build. Temp. chains related enchants are very nice in my opinion. Contagion AoE is also nice.

@MVALLES, Memory Vault is kinda interesting. One problem with the LL version of the build is that mana sustain can be a bit tricky since we want to avoid getting the Weave the Arcane ascendancy. Memory Vault can be helpful here with the massive mana/regen gains. The issue is the increased reservation, which will force us to use a lower level clarity reserved on life. This means that what we gain is pretty much immediately lost, and you might be better off with just a rare helmet. If you like to focus on armour for your LL build, it is very nice, and will be a nice addition to a Rumi's and a % increased armour rolled flask.

@wolleru, I would use those elder boots for my Wither totem. It would just require a 2L in those boots, allowing you to add some other utility to the build. Vaal Lightning trap is nice, or just stick Flame Dash and Stone Golem in there as well so you don't need any unset rings.

@FakelZ, since we don't really have any build enabling uniques (Allelopathy is arguable), ED works quite well for MF. The issue I have personally with MF ED is that targets take some time to die, and have the potential to punish us for having lower defenses than usual. If this is OK with you, ED MF works just fine. A few years ago, the game was unable to tell what DoT effect killed a target, so the MF calculation would be done on the first DoT that affected it. This could have interesting consequenses for us (Contagion linked to IIQ and IIR for instance), but I am not sure if this functions the same way any more, or how it would work for the actual ED spread. You could try to get a reply from GGG on it if you are serious about ED MFing.

@cjbender, for LL we just want two items:

Other than those two, generic ES items like these are what we want(pref tripple ES prefix, but a life roll works fine as well):

Other than this, the gearing of the character is based on the same philosophy as for MoM.

You force the effect of Pain Attunement by linking Blood Magic to Discipline (and clarity to reserve the rest of the life), and from there you can reserve your mana for whatever you see fit. The major problem with LL in the current patch is that it nets about the same EHP as a character with The Perfect Form without the same layered defense. Unless you have a lot of money, you will have to focus all your money on getting high enough ES and won't be able to afford a shield with spell damage for instance. This means that the damage increase from going LL is somewhat lost. You are also severely starved on sockets if you choose to include both Allelopathy and Shield Charge in the setup (which you should).

I would suggest getting a good/great understanding of what makes ED good for you before starting to tinker with a potential LL version. Even then, I would not recommend going LL unless you play on standard and have legacy rolled gear available.

Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 4, 2018, 6:15:31 PM
Awesome thanks for the reply!! I could still sell my shavs and probably make a profit, got it cheap. Is the other gear setups still able to do shaper well with good investment?
Yeah. You might need a bit more investment or tweaking for Shaper in 3.1 than you did in 3.0, but it's no big deal. The easiest fix is to swap Temp. Chains for Despair for the fight, and your damage should be similar to the old values (maybe a bit worse).
Would you still want a 6link with those chests? I see some people with only 5 links.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info