[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I have enough currency saved up to up the quality of a gem or two. Which one do you think I should go for first?
Last edited by Anassi on Dec 20, 2017, 10:58:20 AM
Absolutely destroying content. Haven't played ED since before the new supports for it came out and its a lot better now.

Quick question about going LL, do you think it's worth it after all the nerfs to ES? I know we gain damage but I feel like with the lower values on ES its going to be hard to be tanky, especially if we have to drop MoM. I really like LL builds but I am unsure atm.

"
Anassi wrote:
I have enough currency saved up to up the quality of a gem or two. Which one do you think I should go for first?

Go for Essence Drain 21/20, then empower level 4.
@LKChiara, your setup is pretty impressive for SSF at that low level. Once you get some new boots, I would run Uber Lab until you get the +2% life/mana regen on hit. It is pretty damn crazy for us, and hopefully it will be enough for you to drop both the mana and a HP flask. Those evasion flasks really do wonders for our tankyness.

@bitbite, LL is a touchy subject at the moment. I did try to fit a character with some of my legacy ES gear to see what values of ES i'd end up on as well as what Blight damage the build would do. Relative to my MoM character from Harbinger, the damage increase was around 10%, which was very underwhelming. With current gear, I also think that the total ES of the characer would be similar or even less than the EHP of a MoM char, so all in all it felt very lackluster considering the cost of an LL build.

@Doomantia, honestly, I think I would recommend Culling Strike, or Iron Will if you already have to red socket for the Empower. The Iron Will should be about 70% increased damage if you have a few str rolls on your gear.

@PNgamer, most importantly, you need to swap the Faster Casting for a Faster Attacks in your boots. Other than that, It's just incremental gear upgrades all around. Once your gear gets a bit better, you should also go get a boot enchant from the lab and swap out your mana flask and extra life flask for something defensive.
big thx Nedieth

greetings
Nedieth, thanks a ton for the advice. Hopefully til then I'll have finished all trials.

Also, after having had both shitty RNG and shitty single target damage during Harbinger, seeing a boss that had taken me five minutes during Harbinger melt before my Blight now is marvellous. Not getting oneshot by Wasteland Voll (forgot that boss' name)'s huge slam-into-the-ground attack for once is very nice, too. Looking forward to getting even tankier.

It's hilarious how we can get a key piece of gear for between an alch and chaos
I think I finally "completed" the build :D

Here's my current gear:

I don't see many possibilities to improve in terms of gear. The only improvements left would be all 21/20 gems, helmet enchant (working on it) and +1 to all gems Perfect Form (working on that as well, already bricked 1 6link Perfect Form :()
I'm not sure if it is possible to essence craft shaped rings to get both +% chaos damage and +% spell damage on them (considering both are suffixes that would also make it harder to get the resistances done - I'm currently sitting at 100, 142, 95, -8 resistances, obviously stacked as much cold res as possible to abuse Perfect Form).
There is also the option to get a +1 to curses Impresence and squeeze in Temporal Chains as a more defensive option (and loose Clear Mind in the process), but I think the build is tanky enough (I'm at 15% phys reduction, 38% chance to evade, 5% chance to dodge attacks and 35% chance to dodge spells - that's before any flask effects). So far cleared all content except for Uber Atziri (didn't try her yet, will get to it).

Here is the PoB link for those who are interested:
https://pastebin.com/b6sjuHz5
Last edited by Palaryel on Dec 21, 2017, 5:35:00 AM
Must be doing insane damage with all those jewels and amulet. I've had those shields before with 60+ spell damage instead of the Armour. +1 perfect form would be beast
Last edited by Noctide on Dec 20, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
Just rolled this build and enjoying it so far. Might be a dumb question. Where does blight fit in? Single target filler? Or will it make more sense when I get to maps later?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info