Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Its just a shame that barely anyone plays the core game. RIP HC.

If its in the core game isn't it by default in every temp league as well though ?
\o/ this is great, really enjoying the league, looking forward to doing this in core game :D
good that the reach is mentioned as an example...but not voidheart ?
voidheart is the definition of no-brainer unique for a huge segment of builds.

play melee physical ? checkbox voidheart. dont need to check or compare other unique rings. it holds true no matter your build as long as you attack with melee and do phys damage.
Last edited by grepman on Aug 10, 2016, 2:25:03 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

• Silver coins will be rarer. While we are excited to keep the content, it does not need to be as prominent. So it doesn't overshadow the main game, but is still a part of it, the silver coin drop rate will be substantially lower than during the league.

I am so glad this is making it into the core game, it is a massive boon to players and an amazing tuning instrument for content that the devs have access to.

However, please for RNGesus' sake do not do this to the drop rates of the coins. In order to get any desirable prophecies to trigger I have been buying coins in stacks of 120 in the league. I was also not sealing prophecies that I got that were not good and although doing this I turned a modest profit most of the coins I got went to rolling the trash prophecies that I just triggered right away and ignored. If you are going to lower the coin drop rates this move needs to be accompanied by the removal of junk prophecies from their drop table. Things like tempests, undead brutes and other prophecies that served as flavor can not trigger as often as they do now or at all if the silver well is going to run nearly dry from the way you make it sound.

This is an amazing feature, don't kill it in standard with a drop nerf.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
"
Qarl wrote:

• Silver coins will be rarer. While we are excited to keep the content, it does not need to be as prominent. So it doesn't overshadow the main game, but is still a part of it, the silver coin drop rate will be substantially lower than during the league.

I am so glad this is making it into the core game, it is a massive boon to players and an amazing tuning instrument for content that the devs have access to.

However, please for RNGesus' sake do not do this to the drop rates of the coins. In order to get any desirable prophecies to trigger I have been buying coins in stacks of 120 in the league. I was also not sealing prophecies that I got that were not good and although doing this I turned a modest profit most of the coins I got went to rolling the trash prophecies that I just triggered right away and ignored. If you are going to lower the coin drop rates this move needs to be accompanied by the removal of junk prophecies from their drop table. Things like tempests, undead brutes and other prophecies that served as flavor can not trigger as often as they do now or at all if the silver well is going to run nearly dry from the way you make it sound.

first, tempest prophecies are very good, especially in maps.

second, have you thought that maybe you aren't supposed to 'get desirable prophecies to trigger' as often ? like, it's supposed to be a rare and exciting occasion ?
does it mean we will have standard and prophecy as core leagues??

So my items will be devided too?? OMG, ppl in core league will be devided too, less ppl, less duels, less games
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Dear GGG !
Thank You for reading our/mine posts about implementing the prophecy into the core game.
This means a lot for me.

As always I will keep advising on the stuff I believe is right ! :)
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Aug 10, 2016, 2:30:48 AM
Yeah, backtracking sucks, glad you plan to counter it.

At this point if i get shit like rats, elemental at the bridge and etc. I simply use waypoint to go there and leave immediately.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Aug 10, 2016, 2:35:14 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
"
Qarl wrote:

first, tempest prophecies are very good, especially in maps.

second, have you thought that maybe you aren't supposed to 'get desirable prophecies to trigger' as often ? like, it's supposed to be a rare and exciting occasion ?

Yeah it is indeed a rare and exciting occasion, I have been playing in the league from the start and so far naturally I got access to:

1 From the Void
2 Jewelers' Touch
about 7~8 sets of council maps

I have not gotten fated connections or trash to treasure. There are of course a lot of other useful non-top tier prophecies that I enjoyed and I made profit from ones that are needed for the league. However, once the league ends those will have next to no value.

I have spent thousands of sliver in the league to get such minor returns and they are using some pretty serious language for the kind of scarcity they are intending to create. I am just advocating for moderate means, not as extreme as I am sure they are aiming to impose now.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
RunPuppet wrote:
In regards of the Reach nerf- who has enough exalts to buy a well crafted Harbinger? Rich ppl in Standard. I paid 40ex for a 6l Reach there, equivalent Harb would be +/- 100-150ex.

I have dreamt of playing with a really kick ass bow since I started playing this game but they were always unattainable for me. There are already many bows existing that are as strong or stronger than Reach- I just can't afford them.

If my bow gets nerfed and I am back to staring at Harbs that I can't afford, I'm seriously throwing my toys out of the pram & re-evaluating my gaming choices. I feel like whatever I want to play has a risk of getting nerfed every 3 months, getting thoroughly tired of it.

So you want an op bow unique bow that is comparable to the best crafted Harbingers only cause you cant afford to buy one these? Maybe just accept it or learn how to make currency but not devalue crafting rare Harbingers >.< Even with a 6l rare Harbinger for 40ex you still rush through everything in this game. The Power Creep is so big you don't even need an insanely good bow anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info