Lacerate

"
I can die for this character turning time in the theory
Vipermagi's already pointed out that retargeting is an inbuilt feature of Multistrike, but with regard to this part here I figured it would be useful to point out that there is no actual turning time. Your character is animated turning on the client, but this happens during the attack, not before. No time is lost because mechanically turning is instant, the animated character model just turns over time for effect.
Been enjoying this skill for a while. I mostly played with double strike and this looks like a better aoe double strike.

But now i have a question. This skill only works with swords and axes. If i use a claw in the off hand will i get the bonus from the claw while using lacerate?

Seems like i m not getting life gain on hit. At least on the tool tip doesn't show anything. Also my damage lowers a lot when i change out my off hand weapon when it should increases. My main hand weapon is a lot stronger than the off hand sword.

Also when I use a claw with 5% leech it doesn't affect my main hand regardless of the skill i use. Using another sword with leech will effect the main hand leech so i m getting really confused.
Claw implicits are local modifiers, they only apply to Hits from the Claw.
Not talking about the implicit. The claw as an explicit the same way as the sword that grands 3% life leech. It's a unique claw "Al Dhih"
Well, im playing with Lacerate now since level 88 (now 94) in EHC.

The skill per se is good. Nevertheless its still not competetive compared to reave.

I get the idea, trading AoE for a better Single Target, but the skill punishes the player to hard for that (Im relativly okay with the skill)

First of all, this damn attack speed mod: Im not horny for a higher tool tip; i really dont care. But i cant break through 8 APS (Im a 7.9). This is more a gameplay then a damage issue. Reaching that magical 10 APS just makes feeling gaming so good.

Cant you guys think about a more adequate solution ? Like

20% Less damage if used with one handed weapons
20% Less attack speed if used with two handed weapons

Also, imo, the cross section needs to be slightly increased. I want that reward for a good positioning, but the xsec is sometimes just too smal, to get its full potential. ITs like Tornado Shot, which rwards you for good targeting. Would love to see the same with Lacerate.

The order would be then (for me):

Reave: full screen AoE, weaker in single target, highest distance to mobs
Lacerate: weaker AoE, stronger single tarte, medium distance to mobs
Cleave: weaker AoE, strongest AoE/ST, full melee range.

This would give players really the opportunity to make
- a decision
- plan passive around that decision
- plan gear around that decision

Just my 50 cents.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I was waiting for a long time for a good dual wield skill, i played a lot with cleave and dual back in the days being sub par the first years then getting a boost from ele builds, then back to oblivion.
SO i took lacerate, i have a 78 berseker now, with both the 100% damage leech and the 40% more damage ascendancy nodes. Well if the tool tip seam good, i'm around 27k dps with my charges and the totem up. It still feel very underwhelming, maybe because i rely on charges and the more damage on full life gem (which should synergy well with the berseker), but afaik doesn't help much on bosses.

Also i have to point that the start with this gem was so bad it wasn't even funny, untill merci with 6 link i could barely kill yellow somtimes. When i got my 300dps swords at merci it was nice, but now at t10 maps i'm again feeling the only thing that could save such build is a perma vinktar or something :(

Why not make this skill to the level of earthquake, dual wield really need a boost, give a lot more block and boost the dps increase while dual wielding, i thing it's more the issue than lacerate. Also, design wise, i would have preferred a significantly boosted dual strike + herald of ash combo, rather than an other reave/spectral throw, but whatever. Riposte for example is a nice dual skill, but it only trigger on block, just open it on use too or something.

Some skill even with a great tool tip just feel sub par, lacerate sadly is one of them.
Last edited by Halagaz on Sep 30, 2016, 7:15:17 PM
When dual wielding 2 Cospri's Malices, does each swing proc gems from a different sword? Making it double the number of spells cast if you reach the 100ms cap speed? Assuming different gems are on each sword.
Well dead thread is dead I suppose.
I find lacerate a great skill, using multistrike, crit chance support and crit multi support. I've run into the usual problems that everyone is talking about. My dps is about 4.1k at level 55, cleave when I max out is about 8.6k. Doing the math cleave is stronger than lacerate, however the range tradeoff and damage difference isn't very noticable when the mobs never seem to reach you. I literally kill things off the screen and never worry about a mob getting too close. Now back to the issue everyone is talking about with multistrike. It makes you stand still for 6 strikes, this is annoying vs bosses with traps and any sort of damaging aoe spell because you have no time to react and escape. Most builds build spell evasion and dodge, however I've found a trick that helps with this, bring whirling blades and you can cancel your attack when you need to move to another position. This skill is completely about positioning, never jump into a mob, never stand still. You whirling blade into position as far away from the mob as possible and then attack, rinse and repeat. The clear speed is so fast and the skill is so useful compared to cleave. It just allows you to build more damage than you would if you ran cleave where you need to build extra points into life. with lacerate I can go for the juicy crit chance and multipiers.
I leveled with lacerate until i have to switch to claws (because that was the character i was building towards to, using The Scourge to spawn wolves for safety and fun and Rive to bleed enemies constantly, since i don't have the crit chance of daggers, i have to rely to poison on bleeding enemies* for reliable poison procs since i won't have adder's touch)

i'm running a dual claw build using reave, because well the other option is dual strike

Currently i'm using the bone helmet to add 40% global damage through it's implicit (double dips for poison) and the 70% minion damage on hit from The Scourge

I don't know if this is the correct thread but i suggest making lacerate available for claws to give it some place

-dagger has awesome crits far beyond what claws can do
-swords have accuracy, synergy with shields and versatility on skills (basically versatility overall)
-claws have life leech speed and just a little more attack speed XD

by giving lacerate to claws, it will have the another AoE option to be relatively safe without having another gem setup to increase range (talking about range of reave increased by vaal reave)

and besides...

claws do lacerate anyway ;)

*Edit: i'm using an assassin that's why i need the constant bleed, because of Noxius Strike and toxic delivery
Last edited by YehuYehu on Oct 24, 2016, 1:54:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info