Lacerate

I suggest this skill have a "cannot be supported by Multistrike" tag just like Ice crash. Then lower the attack speed penalty to something like 15-20% instead of 30%.

Or better yet why are you even penalizing melee skill attack speed in the first place? You're not penalizing cast speed or attack speed of bow skills. You know the builds that from a safe range completely shit on content with the best clear speeds and also dominant ignored aspects of the game i.e PvP for the same reason.

It couldn't possible be for balance nor performance. Seen as how you let stuff like Discharge poison the game, frost wall piercing and aoe overlap abuse etc..etc.. go untouched.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 20, 2016, 3:23:48 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
I suggest this skill have a "cannot be supported by Multistrike" tag just like Ice crash. Then lower the attack speed penalty to something like 15-20% instead of 30%.

Or better yet why are you even penalizing melee skill attack speed in the first place? You're not penalizing cast speed or attack speed of bow skills. You know the builds that from a safe range completely shit on content with the best clear speeds and also dominant ignored aspects of the game i.e PvP for the same reason.

It couldn't possible be for balance nor performance. Seen as how you let stuff like Discharge poison the game, frost wall piercing and aoe overlap abuse etc..etc.. go untouched.

You know all the anti-PVP dickheads are going to disregard the valid points you brought up because you mentioned PVP and "who cares about PVP?", right? lol maybe since this isn't in our forums, they'll pay attention, who knows.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Aug 21, 2016, 12:31:23 AM
I agree with previous comments about issues when dual wielding different weapon types. This is frustrating. It would be very helpful for GGG to at least address what is going on with this skill in a post.

If the skill was meant to work with other weapon types when dual wielding (and the skill is therefore working as intended), it should say so in the skill description. Saying "can be used with axes and swords" is confusing when there are also situations where it can be used with maces, daggers, etc.

I personally feel the skill is much cooler when it ONLY works with axes and swords, much like reave only works with its own weapon types. This promotes different weapon combinations, but the skill would also work with two weapons of the same type. Overall, more build options would be encouraged and players would have more incentive to use the relatively new skill (all good things for the game imo).

Sword/dagger or axe/dagger, for example, are cool combinations from a flavor perspective. sword/axe crit builds could benefit from a dagger's implicit in the off-hand, while keeping to the game's theme of daggers having critical strike benefits. Lacerate would create an opportunity for these builds where there currently aren't any (except with double strike, but melee splash has its own set of issues).

That's my two cents. I think the skill should be fixed to enable "southpaw" style weapon combinations, but if the skill IS working as intended, GGG should at least update the description of the gem so its not so confusing for players.
GGG doesn't care about melee skills. After all, this game is called Path Of Projectile.
What is the base radius of Lacerate in units?
Could you please allow claws and daggers to use this skill? I honestly do not see a reason why not.
Last edited by Dezus on Sep 1, 2016, 6:36:30 PM
"
Dezus wrote:
Could you please allow claws and daggers to use this skill? I honestly do not see a reason why not.

The reason why this skill is locked for claws/daggers is so that the game won't be even more filled with dagger/claw characters everywhere, I.E more build diversity, so there is your reason right there.
IMO the issue with this skill is not the attack speed penalty, but rather its damage. If you give it a bit more Oomph, I think it will make the skill more efficient without making it broken, as Lacerate is basically Double Strike with Melee Splash and without the damage penalty.
Last edited by eralduspr on Sep 12, 2016, 9:42:01 AM
Hi, dear GGG! I got a question.
Why did u do this tagreting system for Lacerate? It's very strange and annoying. I'm standing' facetanking boss, Izaro for example. Suddenly, my character is rotating 180 degrees to kill skeleton mob behind him. I can die for this character turning time in the theory - bad for me, because i'm HC only player.

I'm playing this game, i have 2 hands to control my character. And i want to show my character MYSELF where to hit. Do something with that, please. :)

Btw, thanks for the great game.
twitch.tv/ExedyGG
"
Why did u do this tagreting system for Lacerate? It's very strange and annoying. I'm standing' facetanking boss, Izaro for example. Suddenly, my character is rotating 180 degrees to kill skeleton mob behind him. I can die for this character turning time in the theory - bad for me, because i'm HC only player.

That's just how multistrike works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info