Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
grustardo wrote:
"
G7Ghost wrote:
Man, Sanctuary of thought gives you free skills if you have full ES, or 50% less otherwise on top of the 10% added to mana to energy shield

That's a hell of a buff overall

(unless it's 50% of 50% which is still a 75% decrease in skill cost not counting what jewels, rings or passive tree allocations you have)

yea playing a class which is based on mana needs mana cost red. - what a synergy! not

The synergy is to not use mana for skill but to use it as a life pool...
U just didnt understand how powerfull it can be.
the -50% mana cost reduction is IMMENSE

two of my MoM characters just got 1k EHP each for free. and ill be able to bump it to 2k+ easily after respec
"
The experience penalty has been adjusted further since the changes to equivalent levels of high level areas introduced in 2.1.0. The new values are still being tested, and will be detailed in the patch notes next week.

that first sentence is a train wreck, making a confusing system so confusing that you need a seemingly nonsensical sentence to explain that you're not yet telling us how you're changing your convoluted new experience penalty system

this is what's been driving me away from the game more and more, I loved when I first started playing, how much info was laid out in front of you-- now it's all about obfuscating and convoluting, leech changes- map "tiers"- experience penalties- what gems do and don't work with specific support gems(multistrike-echo etc)-- reactionary changes to skills and items instead of taking from the PLETHORA of great ideas to improve subpar skills that the playerbase is constantly discussing- a neverending updating resource.

please stop convoluting the information based system that drew so many people in in the first place.
Last edited by ylyndar on May 26, 2016, 8:35:40 AM
"
Shaen wrote:
"
grustardo wrote:
"
G7Ghost wrote:
Man, Sanctuary of thought gives you free skills if you have full ES, or 50% less otherwise on top of the 10% added to mana to energy shield

That's a hell of a buff overall

(unless it's 50% of 50% which is still a 75% decrease in skill cost not counting what jewels, rings or passive tree allocations you have)

yea playing a class which is based on mana needs mana cost red. - what a synergy! not

The synergy is to not use mana for skill but to use it as a life pool...
U just didnt understand how powerfull it can be.

really? having like 3000-4000 mana and 400% mana reg - mana cost is just not noticeable at all... i think u never played a MoM char before...

yea sure it can be good for other builds with hybrid oder ES to abuse mana cost but with MoM it's just a waste of a point. a minor point like 10% area dam and 20% mana reg is better for MoM but wasting accendancy points for minor things feels really unsatisfying...
Last edited by grustardo on May 26, 2016, 8:41:20 AM
"
Funestis wrote:
Will those new mobs be usable as spectres for summoners with those new skills?

Yes.

They are new base type monsters, so can find white/rare/unique(?) versions of them.
"
grustardo wrote:

really? having like 3000-4000 mana and 400% mana reg - mana cost is just not noticeable at all... i think u never played a MoM char before...

yea sure it can be good for other builds with hybrid oder ES to abuse mana cost but with MoM it's just a waste of a point. a minor point like 10% area dam and 20% mana reg is better for MoM but wasting accendancy points for minor things feels really unsatisfying...

sure a 6link incinerate for example cost nothing we all know that (350 mana/s)
its really not noticeable at all hahaha

i stop arguing with u, its just a waste of time.
Last edited by Shaen on May 26, 2016, 8:52:03 AM
This isn't really a manifesto. It's more like patch notes, or patch notes preview, or discussion of potential patch notes via a preview.

Manifesto is supposed to have explanations of decisions / design philosophy. Many of the balance changes (like experience penalty or effective life calculation for traps (no love for low life?) or chaos conversion (why should 2x consuming darks be required? why not balance the values so 1 CD is viable for chaos builds and target stacking?) could probably use a little more manifesto and a little less patch notes.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
why you nurf voltaxic im with spark no chance against atziri ty
Those never ending nerfes to uniques are really encouraging players to shed out a lot of money to design one.

How many T1 uniques has GGG nerfed to a point where they are not T1 worthy anymore because of broken mechanics instead of fixing/reworking those? When the broken mechanics finally get fixed the uniques are left in their over-nerfed form instead of restoring their former glory...

And please finally stop altering existing items. Players that have them, have earned them. If they want to play with them, let them have fun even if it's ridiculously OP. They don't affect new leagues in any way and even in permanent leagues nobody is forced to use them. All this retroactive item altering is doing is create unnecessary mischief.
Last edited by fae76 on May 26, 2016, 9:14:35 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
two of my MoM characters just got 1k EHP each for free. and ill be able to bump it to 2k+ easily after respec

Bump to 2K+? :D

My Hierophant _now_ has 3.1K free mana, will have prolly more than 3,5K and ES will jump to 2K.

So I will have 5.7K HP, 2K ES and 3.5K free mana after auras. And my gear is still not so optimal.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info