GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Lafielaq wrote:
And why drop Wither spell totem,which boosts our dmg on all our magics?

I did some math and posted some data here. Be sure to check this post if you want to have the full picture.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Lafielaq wrote:
And why drop Wither spell totem,which boosts our dmg on all our magics?

I did some math and posted some data here. Be sure to check this post if you want to have the full picture.

Any thoughts on essence-craft Dagger vs BotC?
The dagger would be much more useful with the Wither setup, while Blight loses lots of DPS without BotC.
Casual noob here, but was looking for fun build and found this ^.^

I'm only in Act 4 right now, but I got Vaal Clarity early on (even before normal), and was wondering if there was benefit to using either Vaal or normal Clarity over the other for this build.
Thanks for all your work with the build!
I dont like this tree, honestly.

I've played ED 3 leagues in a row, and you can't use MOM since you need dual curse (enfeeble temp chains, or 1 and brew), that makes you take a lot of mana, even with ED I have to use a mana flask to restore 100 or 200 free mana.

You dont take corruption, and you take mana regen nodes and maxium mana, which are usless if you use any curse and aura cause the % reserved.

You dont even take method to madness, and I dont really see how you improve your chaos damage over time within this tree.

For someone who doesnt know how to play ED, i woudlnt recommend this build, because I think it has errors in tree.

What should I looking for in the items, I mean armour or evasion or both ?
Last edited by AdmiralCarambas on Aug 14, 2017, 12:33:13 PM
"
cybertier wrote:
Any thoughts on essence-craft Dagger vs BotC?
The dagger would be much more useful with the Wither setup, while Blight loses lots of DPS without BotC.
BotC is BiS, no matter what.

Decay from the essence is pretty dead in PoE in 3.0. The quality of life improvement from BotC is fantastic (skill duration is a key stat for safety and clear speed in all ED builds of the world). And the decay damage from the craft is terrible, especially considering that it's limited to a single target and does not spread with Contagion.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 14, 2017, 12:37:33 PM
Currently playing an EB-MOM ED trickster, taking influence from this build (as I mentioned in an earlier post here). With EB, I'm grabbing Whispers of Doom and Hex Master, and then running a heretic's veil with enfeeble + temp chains + enlighten + grace. I've also got a +1 curses Aylardex and a pair of vulnerability on hit gloves that help a lot for single targets (and getting contagion going). However, I was still having trouble with survivability against hard hitting bosses-- with my effective life pool of ~6k and 90% evade chance with flask against enfeebled enemies.

As such, I started looking a bit into other defensive options. The dodge passives are a bit of a reach for me, and I lose block chance and ES. However, I came across the "reckless defense" jewel, and I think it provides an interesting defensive option for an ED trickster. Enfeeble makes enemy crits deal the damage of normal hits anyway, so the added chance to be crit isn't a big concern. But, if I pick up 3 of the 3% ones (for price's sake), pick up the witch spell block nodes (3 points), run tempest shield, and equip some rainbowstrides: I'm sitting at 43% block chance and 67% spell block chance with rathpith (63%/75% with Rumi's up). This definitely helps, and isn't a huge investment-- less than 10 passive points in the end to mitigate a huge amount of incoming damage. However, I'm speculating that an even more interesting combo might be to combine this with "The Surrender". With patient reaper up, we end up recovering 425 life on every single block, which I imagine will help immensely with hard/faster hitters.

Has anyone tried this interaction before? I couldn't find any videos/posts about the surrender + patient reaper, but the wording of the abilities looks to make a pretty strong case that they SHOULD work at least.
Hey,

Thank you very much for this guide. Right now i'm at level 70 with this build and are still having fun!
What do you recommend as for rings and a necklace?

Thanks in advance.
When I get Cloak of Defiance should i remove MoM from the tree ?
"
When I get Cloak of Defiance should i remove MoM from the tree ?

No. The bonus from MoM stacks with the 10% from Cloak of Defiance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info