GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
When I get Cloak of Defiance should i remove MoM from the tree ?

Yes you should. Cloak of Defiance gives you MoM + 10% extra effect.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance
"The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit"
IGN: Janno
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1010635
"
Reisak wrote:
"

No. The bonus from MoM stacks with the 10% from Cloak of Defiance.

But Cloak also gives MoM, I'm pretty sure its redundant to have both.

I decided to go w/ skin of the loyal as a chest replacement. Using +3 empower in it, boosted DPS by a ton. You have to find it with 3B 2G 1R of course (or equivalent w/ white sockets), but I found it to be a reasonable investment compared to other 6link options. FWIW I'm in SC... in HC I'd probably have gone for the cloak.
"
ValorForLife wrote:
"
Reisak wrote:
"

No. The bonus from MoM stacks with the 10% from Cloak of Defiance.

But Cloak also gives MoM, I'm pretty sure its redundant to have both.

I decided to go w/ skin of the loyal as a chest replacement. Using +3 empower in it, boosted DPS by a ton. You have to find it with 3B 2G 1R of course (or equivalent w/ white sockets), but I found it to be a reasonable investment compared to other 6link options. FWIW I'm in SC... in HC I'd probably have gone for the cloak.

You (and the people replying to you) are all forgetting that there are very nice and important mana nodes behind MoM on the tree. Yes, it's redundant to have it twice, but those nodes make a big difference to your mana pool/regen
"
bridgeburner wrote:

You (and the people replying to you) are all forgetting that there are very nice and important mana nodes behind MoM on the tree. Yes, it's redundant to have it twice, but those nodes make a big difference to your mana pool/regen

That's fair, those nodes are pretty awesome.
I just hit 70 and this is my skill tree atm: http://poeurl.com/bstZ or code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/sfJhfEP9 . I guess you could also look at my char on my account MetapodED (HC Harb)

I'm wondering if I should go up from Cruel Preperation to Corruption and whispers of doom (I don't have witchfire brew atm though).

I also have about 80-90c and i'm wondering what to upgrade first, I already have a Rathpith Globe waiting in my stash as soon as i can sort my resists out with a good amulet.

I'm using a normal Tabula atm and was thinking about getting a Cherrubim's Maleficence 5L ? Worth it or should i just save for a Cloak of Defiance ?

For weapons i've read with 3.0 changes that BotC is by far the best wep ?

I'm also quite confused as to where a lot of my passive survivability comes from, all builds I've played before this go heavily into armor or evasion. Does MoM really remove the need to invest into those?

"
I just hit 70 and this is my skill tree atm: http://poeurl.com/bstZ or code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/sfJhfEP9 . I guess you could also look at my char on my account MetapodED (HC Harb)

I'm wondering if I should go up from Cruel Preperation to Corruption and whispers of doom (I don't have witchfire brew atm though).

I also have about 80-90c and i'm wondering what to upgrade first, I already have a Rathpith Globe waiting in my stash as soon as i can sort my resists out with a good amulet.

I'm using a normal Tabula atm and was thinking about getting a Cherrubim's Maleficence 5L ? Worth it or should i just save for a Cloak of Defiance ?

For weapons i've read with 3.0 changes that BotC is by far the best wep ?

I'm also quite confused as to where a lot of my passive survivability comes from, all builds I've played before this go heavily into armor or evasion. Does MoM really remove the need to invest into those?

So, adding in the recommended uniques from his Path of Building link, and merging it with my own current gear.

24% block chance
28% attack/spell dodge chance
38% evade chance

6089 effective hp

This is at level 72. I still have more mana nodes and the Grand Spectrum jewels to get which will all increase eHP. You have to view it similar to an ES build where our main mitigation is being able to take big hits without getting 1-shotted. Except we can also use flasks (mana flasks + life flasks).

We also have a lot of mana regen, fortify, life regen from essence drain, and some amount of block/dodge/evade chances.

Having said that, I haven't done any high-tier content yet so it's possible these numbers don't hold up to the reality of later boss fights. We'll have to see.
To those struggling with damage against high health tarhets :
a) Allelopathy is a free 5-link lvl22 Blight; this is easily taken all the way to over 200k dps (without Wither) when close to max stacks. 200k dps helps against bosses. I'm at t14 and this is a HUGE boost to damage.
I support Blight with Swift Affliction - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Void Manipulation
Works like a charm against high health bosses and mobs.

Blight can use Spreading Rot unique jewel (Right below MoM node) for extra chaos damage and huge hinder slow. Hinder does, by the way, help immensely against melee bosses.

I use wither with a Spell Totem as suggested.

b) Voidwalker (Unique boots) has free pierce and is an overall decent item. This means you can have pierce even with Empower in place on your 6l(at a cost of health/res which means you need good jewelry to cover it up). Pierce helps a lot when clearing packs.
c) Cloak of Defiance seems to be a really solid item choice, this 10% extra MoM it gives is huge and keeps us alive longer.
d) The MoM node itself is a 1-point expense which nets us a ton of mana in retrun on the later nodes. It's just a single point used to reach a very lucrative bonus. Since ED heals us constantly, mana is the resource that will be most likely depleted first.
e) Don't be dumb like me and use Shield Charge from very early on. It's broken.
Last edited by Mikefield on Aug 14, 2017, 5:43:52 PM
"
Mikefield wrote:
To those struggling with damage against high health tarhets :

e) Don't be dumb like me and use Shield Charge from very early on. It's broken.

Can you clarify?
It's way faster than any other movement ability, gets amplified by quicksilver flask, gets us fortified... no reason not to have it. I just swap to leap slam when I need to jump over obstacles.

You can use Brightbeak + Prismatic Eclipse + leap slam in your 2nd weapon set for instance and just swap weapon sets for jumping!
Switched to a 5-link Cherrubim's Maleficence and a Breath of the Council Carnal Sceptre...

Huge difference! Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info