GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I crafted this:

but my tooltip is much greater with this:

Is it even worth crafting with delirium?
"
sibbleTV wrote:
I crafted this:

but my tooltip is much greater with this:

Is it even worth crafting with delirium?

The Essence adds 500 dps which also scales with your gems etc. The tooltip wont show this though. Also the dagger has nearly 40% spell increase difference... so, your tooltip will show lower because of this.

I did run some numbers in PoB and an Essence crafted dagger outputs more single target DPS than the breath of the council by about 4k. This was on a Sai that rolled the bare minimum spell damage increase.

However, breathe of the council seems comparable in which I would recommend it more useful on clearing the map rather than bosses because of what it gives you. You could easily use both for bosses or clearing and the difference wouldnt be too much. I personally say an essence crafted dagger would be better if you could roll %spell dmg + atk speed. This would make you move much quicker with your movement skills and thus increasing your clear speed.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 14, 2017, 2:23:52 AM
Hello ,

I have been using this build as league -starter (first time playing chaos build)
So I have a few gripes with it:

It's very slow build for leveling ( Kitava took me so much time to down ;/ )
Damage is way too low against map bosses.

I went with two wands for the higher DMG ( my map clear speed is slower because of no movement speed modifiers) ,but it still takes a lot of time to down t8-t10 map bosses.

I use 4 link ED. But I have that chest with 70% chaos damage increase ,also use the alleopatyh gloves for it's effect and the Blight /Contagion sockets combo in it as well for that extra dmg.

To upgrade my dps I know I have to atleast make my gems 21/20 in 5-link.

That will take time so I want to ask what to do for now -

I have some currency (1 ex and 30 c ) and instead of using Breath of the Council which is 30c ,we go with 2 apep's rage wands (10c each ) and if I 5 link the chest with prophecy (~15c ?) ,we socket Added Chaos Damage as 5 link instead of Void Manipulation - won't that boost our ED single target DPS by a lot more than going with essence crafted dagger ,which except the t0 ,all other stats may end up shit ? Also we will always get the Arcane Surge buff,because of manacost.

I thought of Envy crafting rings and amulet ,but that will take sooo much currency it's not really an option as I need resistances and life I may not neccesarily get with the t0 crafted jewelry.

I don't mind not using Shield Charge for clear speed ,but the build is reaaaally underwhelming against bosses - I have almost completed maps up to T9 ,but it took me a lot of time.

Also very hard to do Cannot regen mana/life maps with this build ,because MoM :/
Last edited by Lafielaq on Aug 14, 2017, 3:43:50 AM
Hello!

I have few questions:
1. Why you change Whirling Blades on Shield Charge? Only because Breath of the Council?
2. When is best moment to get MoM? Im on 60 lvl and still play without it.
3. Oh and last question, shure its not on topic, but you can help with little advice. What is best progression route for new player? Try to go far on chapters or make some farm? Im on Act 8 now.
"
Lafielaq wrote:
Hello ,

I have been using this build as league -starter (first time playing chaos build)
So I have a few gripes with it:

Took a look at your character, some pointers:
- Get a 20/20 ED, everything else you can level naturally, but those ED level should give tons of damage. The only other gem where quality really matters is contagion for increased aoe. The other gems only give relatively small boosts for quality.
- Since you got the gloves, put your Wither links into your boots and use the gloves for a blight-spelltotem.
- Tabula might be your best bet for chest, instead of investing into the 5L prophecy. But you should PoB test that. I'm running with a +1 tabula and I'm not seeing me changing that any time soon.
- If you run Blight-Totem, absolutely get the BotC. The increased Duration directly translates into more damage for blight since you otherwise not get to 20 stacks without faster casting. For me Blight does more single target dps than ED.
-----
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 14, 2017, 8:39:34 AM
"
use the gloves for a blight-spelltotem.

This. Thank you, I needed that. Tho I had to get rid of Wither totem and I don't know if it's worth it, but from what I can see, you don't even use it.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 14, 2017, 9:01:45 AM
Okay ,but what about my idea of double apep's rage wands and added chaos damage in 5 link armour?

And why drop Wither spell totem,which boosts our dmg on all our magics?
"
Lafielaq wrote:
Okay ,but what about my idea of double apep's rage wands and added chaos damage in 5 link armour?

And why drop Wither spell totem,which boosts our dmg on all our magics?

The added chaos doesnt do anything for our dots afaik.
"
xerofite wrote:
The Essence adds 500 dps which also scales with your gems etc. The tooltip wont show this though. Also the dagger has nearly 40% spell increase difference... so, your tooltip will show lower because of this.

I did run some numbers in PoB and an Essence crafted dagger outputs more single target DPS than the breath of the council by about 4k. This was on a Sai that rolled the bare minimum spell damage increase.

However, breathe of the council seems comparable in which I would recommend it more useful on clearing the map rather than bosses because of what it gives you. You could easily use both for bosses or clearing and the difference wouldnt be too much. I personally say an essence crafted dagger would be better if you could roll %spell dmg + atk speed. This would make you move much quicker with your movement skills and thus increasing your clear speed.

Thanks mate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info