GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
djnat wrote:
I consider Breath of the Council the absolute best in slot weapon for ED in 3.0. And by a large margin when compared to other options.

- 10% extra AoE makes clearspeed better and it's a QoL upgrade if you use any curse on Blasphemy.
- 40% duration is awesome in endgame content, and it works on all chaos spells in the typical ED setup (Wither, Contagion, ED). Plus, if you attach Arcane Surge to Contagion, the 40% extra duration increases Arcane Surge's duration too.
- Up to 100% chaos damage, which is huge.
- It's not a wand, so it allows for Shield Charge usage to replace Whirling Blades.

Yeah thanks for that. I am still using Heartbreaker at the moment but will be upgrading to Breath of the Council when I get the currency ><
"
cybertier wrote:
"
kazafz wrote:
What is the highest DoT dps this build can get to? I'm only doing around 35-40k DoT dmg with charges ><

Per Path of Builing my ED is at 63k DPS.
Additionally I'm using the Allelopathy Gloves with Spelltotem instead of Wither which does 83k dps after fully stacking.

Today I got the Allelopathy Gloves + Breath of the Council and tested this setup on some Uber runs and I'm pretty sure it's optimal and much better than an essence-crafted dagger with wither. Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cybertier/characters?characterName=ThxRngsus

The level 3 empower also helps a ton.

I tried your setup today and it works wonderfully! The DPS difference is huge, bosses fall exponentially faster now, plus the clear speed is increased in certain situations thanks to the blight totem (not counting how useful it is for stationary spawns).

This is my current gear, sitting on 4,2k hp atm, completed merciless lab no probs, working on getting a breath of the council and trying to 6L this (might buy a tabula rasa for the meantime but I don't have a lvl 3 empower gem yet)

Also I'm using a potion that I thought is useful and contributes with a bit of extra damage

Last edited by 7443560 on Aug 12, 2017, 8:04:24 AM
"
7443560 wrote:
"
cybertier wrote:

Per Path of Builing my ED is at 63k DPS.
Additionally I'm using the Allelopathy Gloves with Spelltotem instead of Wither which does 83k dps after fully stacking.

Today I got the Allelopathy Gloves + Breath of the Council and tested this setup on some Uber runs and I'm pretty sure it's optimal and much better than an essence-crafted dagger with wither. Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cybertier/characters?characterName=ThxRngsus

The level 3 empower also helps a ton.

I tried your setup today and it works wonderfully! The DPS difference is huge, bosses fall exponentially faster now, plus the clear speed is increased in certain situations thanks to the blight totem (not counting how useful it is for stationary spawns).

I would like to add that there is some merit for using Void Manipulation over Swift Affliction. I also did some PoB math and SA adds a little bit more damage but VM doesn't shorten the duration of blight and allows easier, full stacking and therefor more total dps. This can potentially differ for each individual setup (casting speed, duration, etc).
I tested with Arcane Surge Lvl. 10 and Breath of the Council. No other big differences.
Can this build do any and all content in 3.0?

"
Can this build do any and all content in 3.0?

Yes. Absolutely.
Additional note to the Blight Totem variation.
Ditch the Vaal Lightning Trap for Wither in the Cwdt group. After 2 casts you gain more damage than the nerfed shock buff.
Hi I'm going to try this build out. Would you recommend using that want and shield or double wands? Thanks in advance.
Sorry if this has been answered before, but what is the point of having the clarity aura if you're not in a party? I feel like my mana regeneration is good enough without, and the mana I'm losing is better off going towards MoM.

"
Silverbrit wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but what is the point of having the clarity aura if you're not in a party? I feel like my mana regeneration is good enough without, and the mana I'm losing is better off going towards MoM.

when you take multiple hits in rapid succession or one super hard hit and are in danger of taking another one. that is when you need all the regen you can get.

"
amstafff wrote:
The Mind Over Matter mod has the same effect as the keystone, Mind Over Matter. Taking the keystone in addition to equipping this item will impart no additional benefit.
(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance)

So why would i want to get this chest? Is it just for the mana reg?

1. another 10% damage taken gained as mana for a total of 40%
2. it has pretty good mods in general for mind over matter.
3. the chest is no where mandatory or required.

more good items for this build:
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 12, 2017, 3:43:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info