GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hoping I can get a little help, as I seem to have hit a wall at 94. I've managed to clear through Uber Elder, though in my two attempts I've had to use all of my portals. I also managed to somehow kill Uber Elder after I died on my last portal, so while I got the achievement, I didn't get any loot. PepeHands

Here's my gear. Currently sitting on 11k evasion, 5.5k life and 2k ES. I'm trying out the Deshret Brutual Restraint jewel in the MoM slot to gain Wind Dancer, but not sure if it's helping or not. I also don't have a Watcher's Eye yet, but aiming to get one soon.

I'm wondering if I should drop Bane for more defensive skills like an Immortal Call/CwDt setup. Bane is nice for clearing, but not sure if it's holding me back in other encounters.

Appreciate any feedback/suggestions!

"
Ruxxe wrote:
Hoping I can get a little help, as I seem to have hit a wall at 94. I've managed to clear through Uber Elder, though in my two attempts I've had to use all of my portals. I also managed to somehow kill Uber Elder after I died on my last portal, so while I got the achievement, I didn't get any loot. PepeHands

Here's my gear. Currently sitting on 11k evasion, 5.5k life and 2k ES. I'm trying out the Deshret Brutual Restraint jewel in the MoM slot to gain Wind Dancer, but not sure if it's helping or not. I also don't have a Watcher's Eye yet, but aiming to get one soon.

I'm wondering if I should drop Bane for more defensive skills like an Immortal Call/CwDt setup. Bane is nice for clearing, but not sure if it's holding me back in other encounters.

if you have EB from diadem you definitely want MoM lol
slot wind dancer over a useless keystone like perfect agony
"
"
Ruxxe wrote:

Yeah, I wondering if something was up. I read somewhere that the Maraketh jewels were additive, but I guess that applies to the other nodes. I'll switch that out. Thanks!
"
Ruxxe wrote:
"
"
Ruxxe wrote:

Yeah, I wondering if something was up. I read somewhere that the Maraketh jewels were additive, but I guess that applies to the other nodes. I'll switch that out. Thanks!

additive only for travel nodes and notables
keystones get completely replaced
also, u definitely want a CWDT setup somewhere in there (3L is enough)
Thanks! Any suggestions on what to take out? I could move Blight to the 6L, drop Bane, and add in a CWDT setup.

Also, is there a recommendation between Disciple and Grace? I've been using Discipline so far but I'm not sure how much of a boost it is.
Hey all,

I've largely been following the original guide with regard to skill choices and have wound up running ED/Bane. Bane just feels so much stronger than Contagion in most situations and is so easy to spam. I use a lightning witch with Vaal Arc for monolith farming, since the mobility is much greater, so that's not a consideration. I don't even end up needing ED except against tough bosses, so I'm mostly just spamming Bane.

Am I doing this all wrong? I tried Soulrend for a bit, but it didn't seem to provide better clear speed than spamming Bane, except maybe in very open maps. And ED certainly seems to have better sustained boss damage than Soulrend. But from looking at everyone else's setups, it looks like I'm the only one who's come to the ED/Bane conclusion, so it seems I'm missing something. I'm more than happy with the build--i finally beat UE deathless for the first time ever yesterday--but I don't want to miss out on an obvious improvement.

Relatedly, and related to the post above, I am curious what people's takes on which auras are strongest. I definitely like running Grace because of the additional tankiness, and obviously Malevolence is a must. I've been running Discipline to make sure my EB/MoM setup doesn't screw me over, but I'm wondering if it's really necessary. Would it be better to run (Vaal) Haste, instead? Can anyone comment on their experiences with the tradeoff?
H
Last edited by Jozwaaa on Jul 23, 2019, 5:23:16 AM
Can change the ítems and use this build for MF in burial and glacier?
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Thanks! Any suggestions on what to take out? I could move Blight to the 6L, drop Bane, and add in a CWDT setup.

Also, is there a recommendation between Disciple and Grace? I've been using Discipline so far but I'm not sure how much of a boost it is.

CWDT-IC-Inc. duration
blight has superior DPS compared to bane if you can stand and channel
"
"
Ruxxe wrote:

CWDT-IC-Inc. duration
blight has superior DPS compared to bane if you can stand and channel

Thanks. I tried this out last night and it worked a lot better. What do most people run in thir CWDT setup - I've seen both Immortal Call and Steelskin. And what levels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info