GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

hi all, back for more upgrade/leveling advice.

I have 12 exalts and maybe another 10 if i sell my other stuff. In terms of upgrade effectiveness what should i go for first?

As for leveling, my plan right now is spamming tier 16 leyline (also acting as map block to farm Glacier when I want to afk) with Sextants, and then Delving towards the end of the level since it is safer. Are there better ways for solo play?

Gear below, thanks a lot

@david0925

Watcher's Eye with NoN-Chaos + at least one bonus mod for Aura you are using, Intuitive Leap jewel for Overcharged and Melding nodes, The Perfect Form for 13 skill points saved + free AA, Unique Amulet (Solstice Vigil or Chaos Impresence or rare with non-chaos mod), Mark of the Shaper/Elder ring for more damage, unique or rare -9% Chaos Helm with ED enchantment....
Last edited by Sidad on Jul 5, 2019, 1:21:37 PM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
chaoval wrote:

It is so much worth it in the case showed on the picture, as it both gives the defensive keysotne AND gives onslaught on kill for 8 seconds on a notable that virtually every life-based ed trickster has.
I'm running an 8% chance onslaught for 4 secs on kill abyssal jewel and it's super inconsistent in comparison to guaranteed 8 seconds on kill.

I'm just saying that wasting time looking for right jewel is not worth it especially if you need more important upgrades. With huge AOE nuke cheap jewel with Onslaught mode works just fine.

"Just fine" means that you can very easily get unlucky and not get onslaught after killing a pack, and it will also last twice as short if you do get it.
Buying up the jewels and checking them all for onslaught on kill is probably not worth it unless this stat is very common, I can't tell because I don't have that many jewels of this type to check around. But buying one and using one if it organically fits your tree - absolutely is worth it. I'm not talking about whether or not it is necessary but about this jewel belonging to high-end, expensive gear for a specific type of build.
This very specific jewel that:
a) gives onslaught on a notable that you will get anyway, a notable, that life ed trickster will typically have;
b) can be socketed in a location with an easy access to a keystone that is transformed to 'Wind Dancer';
Last edited by chaoval on Jul 5, 2019, 2:30:36 PM
i bought around 20 brutal restraints ( i didnt care whether it was deshret, asenath etc)

just purely at the socket where perfectagony is near, 2 had frenzy charge on kill, 2 had onslaught
but then most people to go past the jewel slot to get to scion life wheel, they path from witch to templar above, and they dont take EV/ES cluster (above the EVA/Life cluster, to the right of chaos cluster) so thats 2 more notables (EV/ES notable and scion eva/acc notable) i can roll onslaught on kill on

dont waste your divines, buy and resell

also about wind dancer : ehh not that much of a big deal
dropped me from 61% evasion to 49% evasion, but when i get hit bumps it back up to 65% eva
20% DR against any DoT (caustic, burning ground, shaper ball frost land, bleed) and syndicate chaos one shotfuckery is pretty good tho
Last edited by primordialiege on Jul 5, 2019, 2:43:36 PM
@chaoval

Dude I agree that jewel is absolutely worth it if you can get it and that's big if. Try buying 'right one' and tell us after how many different jewels you got the 'right one'. I gave up after 6 or 7. Maybe I was just unlucky.
Last edited by Sidad on Jul 5, 2019, 2:45:10 PM
Alright, I went and did it. Got the most expensive part of my build so far.

This is really good for me, because I actually decided to go with Haste/Vaal Haste over Discipline and Zealotry. Cost me quite a bit, but farming Glacier for a few hours covered it.

Hey ya'll. I have about 3ex right now so what do you think I should upgrade for my setup? I also feel like my gem setup might be a bit wonky but I'm not really sure what I should be doing with that. I know they're not all level 20 but I'm still leveling them right now

Here is my PoB in case that helps https://pastebin.com/699pmjiW

Also one last question. Can anyone link jewels that they have in their setup? I know the guide lists what I should look for but I'm a little confused on how I would search all those on trade sites.

Thanks
Last edited by Stayshook on Jul 5, 2019, 7:56:08 PM
"
Stayshook wrote:

Hey ya'll. I have about 3ex right now so what do you think I should upgrade for my setup? I also feel like my gem setup might be a bit wonky but I'm not really sure what I should be doing with that. I know they're not all level 20 but I'm still leveling them right now

Here is my PoB in case that helps https://pastebin.com/699pmjiW

Also one last question. Can anyone link jewels that they have in their setup? I know the guide lists what I should look for but I'm a little confused on how I would search all those on trade sites.

Thanks

Get a better chest, for 3 ex you can get 1800+ evasion/400+ES 6-link sadist garb.
Get empower lvl3, they are cheap, put bane with despair and damage links into your chest, for contagion you need following links: Intensify-IncAOE-Contagion-FasterCasting (optional). For auras I would suggest flesh and stone and malevolence. Either replace Allelopathy with good rare gloves or set up blight totem there.
"
Sidad wrote:
@chaoval

Dude I agree that jewel is absolutely worth it if you can get it and that's big if. Try buying 'right one' and tell us after how many different jewels you got the 'right one'. I gave up after 6 or 7. Maybe I was just unlucky.

I was just now able to get my hands on a jewel fitting the criteria, I will probably run it for a few maps, then see if I can sell it somehow.
Last edited by chaoval on Jul 5, 2019, 8:22:47 PM
Got my Elder Orb yesterday and decided to see what farming Glacier is all about. I did about 70 Glacial maps today, just alch and go using neversink's very strict filter.

I just went on exilestats.com to calculate what all the currencies I picked up is worth and it shows that my work today is worth 20ex. This does not count the non-currencies, emblems, scarabs, fossils, etc.

Since I'm only farming a t2 map, I gave up some dps to spec into Arcane Expanse for more AoE and bought a carcass jack for even more AoE. It feels really good.

I do have a 50% quantity bisco also, that's my only Q gear.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 6, 2019, 2:32:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info