GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Last edited by Adenathschant on Jun 30, 2019, 10:01:33 AM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Adenathschant wrote:
What is the point of EB? Why not use only MOM and get more eHP total? Is it just to sustain mana so you dont run out?

It seems to me that I get much more eHP when using malevolence on the no reserve ring and then keep all my mana unreserved for MOM. Then I can also take a couple of the 18% max mana nodes and the mana ascendancy.

You can certainly do that. EB lets you reserve all mana for Auras since you use ES instead of mana for skills and ES protects mana instead of life. More Auras = more damage/defense. If you have high enough ES then it makes sense to use MoM which lets you use ES to offset 30% damage instead of mana.

i.e. I run Malvolence/Grace/Flesh and Stone for 100% mana reservation. 1200+ ES helps me offset one shots.

If you want so many auras, isn't it better to use enlighten to keep some mana unreserved to cast your skills, and just keep ES protecting life as normal? It seems the only benefit of using MOM+EB here would be to make chaos damage not bypass energy shield. Although I'm not even sure if that would work

Unless the recharge start chance on ES from EB may be much more important than I realized
Last edited by Adenathschant on Jun 30, 2019, 10:08:20 AM
Hai guys!
Just wanted to say that i killed my 1st uber elder(1 random death to slam i didnt see coming:D).
Wasnt following this build 100%, but i took many ideas from it.

Heres my gears

49%quant gear power! :D
Might change quant gear for some more chaos/non-ailment chaos damages, if ill get some more currency, But ~500k dps was more than enough to do this.
Last edited by 3ryk on Jun 30, 2019, 10:17:54 AM
"
Adenathschant wrote:

Unless the recharge start chance on ES from EB may be much more important than I realized

Having ES gives you a number of buffs from your ascendancies.
And your ES is constantly recharging even while being damaged (which wasn't the case when I last played ES many leagues ago, so unless it was changed it should be the combination of passives), which makes you fairly durable.

Bonus: It's great for staying in the darkness while delving.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:

Maybe that's just me, but I find that discipline isn't worth the hefty mana reservation. It feels like you can get 2 other mana reservations for the same price with more benefit.
Given how much the helmet benefits mana reservations, I would socket 4 such gems into it. I really like Malevolence/Arctic Armour/Dread Banner/Flesh and Stone.

So, not really feeling the banners, but I decided to drop discipline, which leaves me just shy of 2K ES (Another level up will fix that) and swapped it for Zealotry. Now I have 100% mana reserved and can confidently justify the MoM/EB setup.
"
FIy wrote:
Hello y'all,

Recently I wanted to start upgrade/min-max my build but I'm not sure what I could do to get the most out of it at the moment.
I'm planning to get a chaos damage + %inc damage stygian vise at the moment but waiting till the right one gets on the market.

My current gear is:

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/HV2mWmG9
I'm using a Timeless Jewel so yeah... PoB isn't 100% accurate sadly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I just found an chaos impresence myself. Now i gotta figure out the links, Im probably going to drop alleopathy gloves and set up 6l blight on my chest like you did.

For the quiver do you think its necessary to get "proj pierces additional targets" and what are you thoughts on Soul strike quiver.
i see there is alot of talk about EB and MOM, i run with MOM and EB and really like it. this is really a strong build for this league, just blasting legions so fast. also really strong for delve.

i kinda feel i am maxed out on upgrades more or less with 425k dot dmg in hideout. only missing empower lvl 4 and more lvls, any advice or idea's?

belt is a place holder. crafting new as we speak, just no luck :D
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Jun 30, 2019, 3:19:59 PM
Is Phase/acro popular for SC still or are people shifting to more HP nodes?
"
Adenathschant wrote:

If you want so many auras, isn't it better to use enlighten to keep some mana unreserved to cast your skills, and just keep ES protecting life as normal? It seems the only benefit of using MOM+EB here would be to make chaos damage not bypass energy shield. Although I'm not even sure if that would work

I use The Devouring Diadem which comes with EB so mana is only used for Aura reservation. I would not go for EB node if I didnt use The Devouring Diadem.

EB/MoM does not stop chaos damage from bypassing shield. You need Shavronne's Wrappings or one of other unique item with same property. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Wrappings

In most cases or rather most efficiently EB is used by LL Shavronne's Wrappings users. Someone was saying in this forum a few pages back that they do most damage according to poeninja.

Also 10% chance for ES recharge to start when you use a skill is given by The Devouring Diadem not EB node.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 30, 2019, 5:04:16 PM
Hi Everyone...i just need help

I just bought this item for 3ex
why it seems i do more damage with my old wand?

the dps seems to be lower...it depends to %increased spell dmg?
thanks for all the help
Last edited by Manaio on Jun 30, 2019, 5:05:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info