GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Anyone else using the Vaal Timeless gem (Doryani)? For the Corrupted Soul keystone (20% life as ES, 50% dmg bypasses ES).

Literally gave me 2.1k ES at the cost of 1 gem slot and 1 passive point. You have to fish around to get one which doesn't screw up other nodes too bad but there isn't much in the radius in the jewel slot near MoM.

As long your life is still equal to your ES this is a big increase to defense vs one shots. Vs multiple hits Ghost Dance does conflict a little bit with it though, since your effective ES is really your pool + 3 ghost dances charges which will be higher than your HP probably. But OTOH your effective life is buffed with a potion so it could even out.
"
Sidad wrote:
You are using Acrobatics so I doubt shield help you much with 10% to maybe 15% chance to block Attacks. Your Auras should be in helm for 50% mana cost reduction and +1 to socketed gems. Also you need better flasks and definitely dont need mana flask since you run EB/MoM combo. Read 1st page for guide on flasks. As an example this is what I use (Ctrl Alt click on item to link in forum post)

If you like that chest than get one with Evasion/ES or if you want more Survivability definitely go for The Perfect Form. Also make sure to read skill/item description to try to understand what they do.

Thank you for the reply, I'll try to get better armour.
Also, I have a dropped Carcass Jack with maximum "area damage" roll, will it work with this build?
Also, I moved my Malevolence and Discipline auras into helmet, but it did not change the mana reservation. I think I will have to use a Devouring Diadem instead (which I dont really want to, I really like Vertex stats)
"
Adenathschant wrote:
What is the point of EB? Why not use only MOM and get more eHP total? Is it just to sustain mana so you dont run out?

It seems to me that I get much more eHP when using malevolence on the no reserve ring and then keep all my mana unreserved for MOM. Then I can also take a couple of the 18% max mana nodes and the mana ascendancy.

I've been asking myself the same thing. Maybe someone else here knows the answer and can help
"
singovna wrote:

Thank you for the reply, I'll try to get better armour.
Also, I have a dropped Carcass Jack with maximum "area damage" roll, will it work with this build?

It will work since we use AOE skills. It is actually somewhat popular with this build.

"
singovna wrote:
Also, I moved my Malevolence and Discipline auras into helmet, but it did not change the mana reservation. I think I will have to use a Devouring Diadem instead (which I dont really want to, I really like Vertex stats)

Yea that was my bad since The Vertex reduces mana cost of skills not mana cost of reservation like The Devouring Diadem.

Dont forget you dont need mana flask since you use EB/MoM. Get better flask to boost your survivability and/or damage. For Onslought I use
Good enough for fast mapping.
Last edited by Sidad on Jun 30, 2019, 7:55:28 AM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
"
Adenathschant wrote:
What is the point of EB? Why not use only MOM and get more eHP total? Is it just to sustain mana so you dont run out?

It seems to me that I get much more eHP when using malevolence on the no reserve ring and then keep all my mana unreserved for MOM. Then I can also take a couple of the 18% max mana nodes and the mana ascendancy.

I've been asking myself the same thing. Maybe someone else here knows the answer and can help

You can certainly do that. EB lets you reserve all mana for Auras since you use ES instead of mana for skills and ES protects mana instead of life. More Auras = more damage/defense. If you have high enough ES then it makes sense to use MoM which lets you use ES to offset 30% damage instead of mana.

i.e. I run Malvolence/Grace/Flesh and Stone for 100% mana reservation. 1200+ ES helps me offset one shots.
EB isnt for Contagion/ED, its for soulrend builds who cant sustain the manacost spamming soulrend

Anyone else looked at Wind Dancer from Maraketh Jewel?

20% less Damage taken if you haven't been Hit Recently

40% less Evasion Rating if you haven't been Hit Recently

20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently

(Comes from Brutal Restraint when sacrificed in the name of "Deshret")

Brings me down from 61% evasion chance to 49% evasion chance
but when I get hit I get bumped up to 65% evasion chance
20% DR on DoTs/degens is also pretty nice
hello people, can anyone give me any tips to what i should look in order to improve the tooltip dps? Right now my ED in hideout deals 300k dot; against t16 bosses i have a lot of problems (especially the minotaur, i need more dps for him), and in general in the red maps i have some problems in clearing the monolith before the time runs out.

This is my gear:
Spoiler
I've got this corruption mod on my Vertex, will this mod increase Chill from Arctic Armour?
Last edited by singovna on Jun 30, 2019, 9:45:19 AM
"
Psyonix wrote:
Question for xsnowingx, who i'd deem to be the resident expert here:

My build is basically the way I like it. I've got the deeps. it takes a lot to kill me, UE/SHaper/Guardians are deleted in seconds. However, because I'm using

With MoM, I've gotten to the point where my unreserved mana is 150. My Soulrend casts are 120ish - and I don't exactly need to spam it.

My current auras are Malevolence, Arctic Armor (using the Perfect Form - so that doesn't matter I guess), Flesh and Stone and Discipline. Is there a more optimal setup for me to get the most out of these, considering the reduction along with the +1 the hat gives me, or is the best combination for my current gearing? I can probably If I stay with MoM I don't have the right ratio for optimal EHP, but but at 5K life and 2600ES I'm not sure MoM is even neccessary. What are your thoughts. If you were in MY gear, what would you do?

Maybe that's just me, but I find that discipline isn't worth the hefty mana reservation. It feels like you can get 2 other mana reservations for the same price with more benefit.
Given how much the helmet benefits mana reservations, I would socket 4 such gems into it. I really like Malevolence/Arctic Armour/Dread Banner/Flesh and Stone.
Last edited by WingsOfDomain on Jun 30, 2019, 10:01:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info