GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
Adenathschant wrote:

Unless the recharge start chance on ES from EB may be much more important than I realized

Having ES gives you a number of buffs from your ascendancies.
And your ES is constantly recharging even while being damaged (which wasn't the case when I last played ES many leagues ago, so unless it was changed it should be the combination of passives), which makes you fairly durable.

Bonus: It's great for staying in the darkness while delving.

Are you talking about Wicked Ward node?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wicked_Ward
Can not get my bow the right color of gems after 1000 chromatic or so. Is there a green gem that will work for the time being? Instead of a blue one?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
i see there is alot of talk about EB and MOM, i run with MOM and EB and really like it. this is really a strong build for this league, just blasting legions so fast. also really strong for delve.

i kinda feel i am maxed out on upgrades more or less with 425k dot dmg in hideout. only missing empower lvl 4 and more lvls, any advice or idea's?

belt is a place holder. crafting new as we speak, just no luck :D

Maybe Vaal Righteous Fire for 'more' spell dmg, gloves with 'non-ailment chaos damage'? The Perfect form Chest for free AA and Phase Acrobatics and Evasion boost.
"
poeGT wrote:
Is Phase/acro popular for SC still or are people shifting to more HP nodes?

I used Acro/Phase until I got The Perfect Form chest and took hp nodes as well. 6k hp, 1200ES, 70% Evasion, EB/Mom, Phase Acrobatics etc.
"
Sdain01 wrote:
Can not get my bow the right color of gems after 1000 chromatic or so. Is there a green gem that will work for the time being? Instead of a blue one?

Do you have a bow with 200ish dex requirement? In that case, it takes around 500 chromes to get the colors (if using 1B from the bench). If just spamming single chromatic, expected value is around 750. That being said, using 1000 in either case is not outrageously bad luck.

Either keep doing 1B from bench or sell the bow and buy Short Bow version with 26 dex requirement. Much easier to color that one.
I'm doing really bad against Guardians and Shaper. Any tips on what I can improve my character? GuriDaSombra is the one I'm playing right now.
"
Sdain01 wrote:

Craft 3 blue on bench. If you're lucky you'll get 3b2g1r, but you will most likely hit 3b3g. Set up Vorici to rank 3 in research team. Try to make him leader so you can have 2 attempts.

Use Vorici's bench in the safehouse, one of the green socket should hit white. If it doesn't work chrome your bow to reset your white sockets and try again.

edit:
Tbh, i don't think using vorici to fix you socket is a good idea. Currently Vorici as research leader is at least worth 2ex profit from flipping.
Last edited by Fluffymonkey7 on Jun 30, 2019, 7:35:29 PM
So this is my first time playing a chaos based DoT build and I have to say that I'm a little stumped with regards to scaling my damage right now.

My PoB dps for shaper right now is about 200k excluding blight/wither. Mapping for the most part feels fine but any of the larger Legion mobs and pretty much any boss feels like a chore to kill. I feel incredibly tanky for the most part but attempting to kill things like guardian maps is just tedious.

What would be the suggestion of upgrading? If I can hit around 1m shaper dps then I'd be happy if that's at all feasible without huge investment. Having looked at the multi modded bows with +1 socket/+2 supports etc, those still only land me around 350k dps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

What's the consensus for the chest gems after moving essence drain to the bow (I'm almost there, need 1 more ex)?

I see at least 1 person went to manual cast blight? Or should I move contagion over there? Additional support gems?

I didn't see a consensus when scrolling back (sorry if I missed it)

Thanks,
Last edited by Unshiftables on Jun 30, 2019, 11:22:39 PM
First time playing a DoT build, and I'm currently using a shield / 1H approach. Would like to know where to go from here, if possible.

I decided to go for the manual blight cast approach, since the totems were getting almost instakilled, and frostblink w/ leapslam for dodging/movement felt fast enough. Build feels tanky, but is definetely lacking in damage. Have about 10 exa to spend.
Last edited by guilhermes on Jul 1, 2019, 1:15:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info