GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Around what DPS and survivability levels should I be before I attempt Uber Elder? I've never done Uber Elder before but my character did T15 Elder and Shaper quite comfortably. I know it's a mechanical fight above all else, but I don't wanna push if my gear isn't up to it yet.

I'm sitting at 500k POB DPS, this number is with Malevolence & Despair aura but no temporary buffs like Arcane Surge. Survivability-wise I'm at 5k HP, 2.6k ES + 300 unreserved mana with MoM/EB, Flesh & Stone, and 16k evasion. Also using Perfect Form w/ Arctic Armour buff and only Phase Acro (no Acro). I was running Zealotry before to boost my DPS a bit but fell back to Discipline for more ES tankiness.

Im currently using Bane/Soulrend because it feels smoother and i think it is more fun to play. Any advice on my gear ? What should I upgrade or change ?
After reading through the last 20ish pages I'm a bit confused seeing as there are alot of variables when you have a higher budget.
Could anyone explain the difference between the unique armor pieces and their pros/cons? (Perfect form/QOTF/Shavronnes/Cherrubims and Devouring Diadem.)

Thanks <3
I really like this build. Clear speed is very nice and it feels great to clear all of the monolith mobs.
I mananaged to kill uber elder a few times now which is my first time ever.
Not sure on what I can upgrade next , maybe better jewels and a 21/23 ED.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Here's my current setup in Atziri's Step:

Would the better corruption implicit be "+2 to Socketed Duration Gems", "8% Movement Speed", or "10% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits While Moving"?

I mean +2 to all four of those gems would be a nice QoL improvement, but maybe the spell dodge is actually BiS. Thoughts?
"
Here's my current setup in Atziri's Step:

Would the better corruption implicit be "+2 to Socketed Duration Gems", "8% Movement Speed", or "10% Chance to Dodge Spell Hits While Moving"?

I mean +2 to all four of those gems would be a nice QoL improvement, but maybe the spell dodge is actually BiS. Thoughts?

I'd personally want the life and mana regen when hit, so it's pretty dependent on your gear, passives, playstyle, and what you personally value. There isn't a clear 'best' enchant for everyone.

edit: oh you're talking about vaaling them. are you sure you want to vaal them before lab enchanting?
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 25, 2019, 10:12:13 AM
I am new to the game-ish, and am confused between contagion and bane. Contagion will spread Ed to alle the new legion mobs, so it seems like it should be a much better choice? Also, can't I just have a contagion gem with extra aoe gem, just to spread Ed, and use bane with contagion/Ed?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I checked the last couple of pages, but couldn't find an answer there.
Last edited by Acidian56 on Jun 25, 2019, 10:53:06 AM
Double post.
Last edited by Acidian56 on Jun 25, 2019, 10:53:14 AM
A Question coming from a noob who is just starting to play this build. Is eternity shroud a possibility or nah?
"
YoloMecSweg wrote:
A Question coming from a noob who is just starting to play this build. Is eternity shroud a possibility or nah?

Yeah, but it seems pretty bad if you do not have full shaper gear. Even if you do, your DOT doesn't 'hit', so it's still probably worse than Perfect Form.

Monster chaos res goes up to I believe 30%, so if you just craft your helmet to have -9 chaos resistance to nearby enemies, you're probably fine. The Aberrant fossil craft works with your DOT.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 25, 2019, 11:38:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info