GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
david0925 wrote:
I'm having a lot of issues with single target DPS. Is there another spell i should be using to increase it? Right now I only throw Despair+ ED+ Contagion onto the boss and hard cast Blight when able, but most bosses require you to be constantly moving that I can't really channel Blight that much. I can kill bosses fine, but the amount of time it takes makes them unattractive to do, especially when it risks death when I blank out.

I currently run QotF while mapping but due to their socket colors I am just using it to level gems for alts right now, if I need to gear swap/recolor the gems to significantly improve my single target damage, please let me know

thanks a lot

Blight totem 5-link, with spreading Rot jewel equipped so that it applies wither stacks. Cast it twice so you get 3 totems applying the debuffs.

I don't know how you can afford to level 6 gems for another build in your chest. I need to use an unset ring because I don't have enough slots on all my gear for the links I need..
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 24, 2019, 3:34:20 PM
"
david0925 wrote:
I'm having a lot of issues with single target DPS. Is there another spell i should be using to increase it? Right now I only throw Despair+ ED+ Contagion onto the boss and hard cast Blight when able, but most bosses require you to be constantly moving that I can't really channel Blight that much. I can kill bosses fine, but the amount of time it takes makes them unattractive to do, especially when it risks death when I blank out.

I currently run QotF while mapping but due to their socket colors I am just using it to level gems for alts right now, if I need to gear swap/recolor the gems to significantly improve my single target damage, please let me know

thanks a lot

get vaal blight lvl 21 (quality is irrelevant)
efficacy
controlled destruction
infusedchannelling

throw it into The Vertex helm
socket 1 or 2 spreading rot jewels

flame dash to dodge shit
dont bother contagioning unless theres adds
"
The jewel slot at the Shadow starter area is only to be picked up for the Spreading Rot Jewel and should obviously not be used until you're using Blight totems (if at all).

This sentence should be revised. For Spreading Rot, both buffs to Blight require at least 40 intelligence in the radius. However, according to the tree, there is only 20 intelligence (from Coldhearted Calculation) in radius. Taking two additional intelligence nodes in this radius seems kind of awkward and a waste. Spreading Rot should be placed else where. Thoughts?
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
david0925 wrote:

thanks a lot

Blight totem 5-link, with spreading Rot jewel equipped so that it applies wither stacks. Cast it twice so you get 3 totems applying the debuffs.

I don't know how you can afford to level 6 gems for another build in your chest. I need to use an unset ring because I don't have enough slots on all my gear for the links I need..

under-utilizing my sockets is probably why my ST dps is so bad, but I wanted to check around with you guys before i start throwing chromatics into the chest.

How is the damage comparison between hard casting and totem casting? I think I've read that hard casting gives the highest dps if allowed to, but in terms of realistic dps (since totems can still hit boss when I run) totems might be better against most bosses?
"
cheezacon wrote:
"
The jewel slot at the Shadow starter area is only to be picked up for the Spreading Rot Jewel and should obviously not be used until you're using Blight totems (if at all).

This sentence should be revised. For Spreading Rot, both buffs to Blight require at least 40 intelligence in the radius. However, according to the tree, there is only 20 intelligence (from Coldhearted Calculation) in radius. Taking two additional intelligence nodes in this radius seems kind of awkward and a waste. Spreading Rot should be placed else where. Thoughts?

You dont have to allocate the int nodes for the Jewel to work.
Last edited by gravijas on Jun 24, 2019, 4:02:50 PM
"
david0925 wrote:

under-utilizing my sockets is probably why my ST dps is so bad, but I wanted to check around with you guys before i start throwing chromatics into the chest.

How is the damage comparison between hard casting and totem casting? I think I've read that hard casting gives the highest dps if allowed to, but in terms of realistic dps (since totems can still hit boss when I run) totems might be better against most bosses?

The text on the totem gems clearly say how much they reduce the damage. Six-linked Vaal blight would be more damage and you'd have more supports attached to it.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 24, 2019, 4:06:21 PM
Guys i have a problem with my resit cap anyone have can me help me with this ?

My atual gear

Spoiler
Could use some more gear advice.

Current build has 4k HP, 1,6k ES, which somebody commented isn't all that much and I could get much more HP. I feel like I have good survivability (since I have a lot of dodge and 4 defensiv mana reservations) and most of the time red maps don't give me much trouble.
But I still would like to have some more HP.

Thing is, I'm saving up on my multi-mod Bow, so I don't have money to spare.
But once I have that, what would you suggest I upgrade next?

Current gear:
Spoiler
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
Could use some more gear advice.

Current build has 4k HP, 1,6k ES, which somebody commented isn't all that much and I could get much more HP. I feel like I have good survivability (since I have a lot of dodge and 4 defensiv mana reservations) and most of the time red maps don't give me much trouble.
But I still would like to have some more HP.

Thing is, I'm saving up on my multi-mod Bow, so I don't have money to spare.
But once I have that, what would you suggest I upgrade next?

Current gear:
Spoiler

I'm was in a similar position, so I had to make up for it all on my rings, belt and amulet. There's an argument to be made to give up Atziri's step for some rare boots - but I like the evasion boost. So this is what I'm currently working with

So I would say a good place to start would be ditching that belt and getting life on your jewelry
Has anyone tested Wicked Ward and whether it's actually worth the points or not?

I'm using MoM + EB (from Devouring Diadem) and it would sure be nice to have those three points back. But if I'd rather not run out of ES during a fight and not be able to cast anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info