GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
DeepAlchemist wrote:
Hi guys, just hit maps for the first time and had an exalt drop, and have around 50 chaos, what should I buy with it?

Hey man, some more info would be helpful. What's your current gear? Are you res capped? Life? ES? Evasion?
I have a question about no regen map, as it seems to be the only problematic mod. Is there something better than just taking instant regen flasks? I mean gem swaps, or item swaps, things like that.
I am using Contagion + ED.
"
ATerriblePun wrote:
Would The Perfect Form be viable as a chest piece for this build? Or would it be wasted as we already take phase acrobatics from the tree?

Yes. I know waggle does this and can clear everything on HC: https://www.twitch.tv/waggle

He just doesn't take that whole section and uses the points elsewhere
"
hogancz wrote:
I have a question about no regen map, as it seems to be the only problematic mod. Is there something better than just taking instant regen flasks? I mean gem swaps, or item swaps, things like that.
I am using Contagion + ED.

I haven't had 'too' much trouble with these. I just use less flame dash/shield charge and can usually sustain from Patient Reaper. Only thing I've had to do was switch out one potion for a mana pot against the boss a couple times
So many new players. Would be nice to have new, easy to follow, guide. Maybe something like Enki's Arc Witch build guide.
"
imatty wrote:
What is better for this build wand+shield or bow?

Whatever you can get your hands on. I'd say (budget) Wand/Shield for mapping and end game Bow for (uber) Bosses.
Thought I'd post my experience so far. Build is great. I'm running queen of the forest cuz zoom zoom. Zeel's shield cuz aoe. And vertex helm cuz is good for us. I'm running 4l bane in helm cuz breakables, dispair application and is quick cast to finish off stragglers. Plan to 6l ED in chest. 4l contagion in gloves. 3l blight totem in shield. I think my plan is to 3l contagion in wand. And move blight to a 4 link. I'm running malaediction and discipline with no Mana issues. I'm running T6 maps without immortal call. Just got lvl80 and haven't taken MoM/Eb yet. So the character is pretty damn dodgy.

I'd just say imo. MoM/Eb isn't something you need to rush into wait until allot of the tree is filled out and gear is decent.

I used bane as primary skill until maps. Ed/contagion didn't feel useful until they had a chance to lvl, got some Aoe, and cast speed. Now it is my primary clear/single Target and bane is just curse apply or pick off stragglers. Totems only drop for bosses.
Dup
Last edited by Cassiaus on Jun 14, 2019, 11:29:21 PM
"
Cassiaus wrote:
Thought I'd post my experience so far. Build is great. I'm running queen of the forest cuz zoom zoom. Zeel's shield cuz aoe. And vertex helm cuz is good for us. I'm running 4l bane in helm cuz breakables, dispair application and is quick cast to finish off stragglers. Plan to 6l ED in chest. 4l contagion in gloves. 3l blight totem in shield. I think my plan is to 3l contagion in wand. And move blight to a 4 link. I'm running malaediction and discipline with no Mana issues. I'm running T6 maps without immortal call. Just got lvl80 and haven't taken MoM/Eb yet. So the character is pretty damn dodgy.

I'd just say imo. MoM/Eb isn't something you need to rush into wait until allot of the tree is filled out and gear is decent.

I used bane as primary skill until maps. Ed/contagion didn't feel useful until they had a chance to lvl, got some Aoe, and cast speed. Now it is my primary clear/single Target and bane is just curse apply or pick off stragglers. Totems only drop for bosses.

Try out Flesh and Stone instead of Discipline, I felt a lot more tanky with it.
Main thing I'd mention with your build is going 3l blight might not be the best. A lot of players I've seen who are beating Uber Elder and whatnot are even using 6l blight in chest. Blight seems pretty good. I'm using the allelopathy gloves for a 5 link and I use it a ton vs bosses/rares
sorry, i am new to this, but what are the advantages of using bow in this trickster build instead of other weapons?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info