GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Cheers to the fellow who bought my wand! Thanks to him I was able to fund crafting the bow. Took about 10 annuls and about 700 alts just to prep the bow for the multimod. I was losing my mind there for a bit haha, but after I got the multimod I took it to this guy to finish it out. I'm pretty happy with it now

I decided to drop ED/Contagion for Bane/Soulrend as I like the playstyle a lot more. I know it was nerfed a bit, but I'm hard pressed to notice a difference. I made some adjustments on my tree to grab Whispers of Doom to dual curse with bane (Temp Chains + Despair). Sold all of my abyss gems to replace them with life + DoT viridans/crimsons. Wasn't hard to make the switch, since both types are in high demand. Using Soul Strike because I can. The extra ES and the start of ES recharge/ES recharge rate is pretty good considering I took Wicked Ward (and it's a super cheap quiver). Using Flesh and Stone as my 4th aura. Honestly I'm surprised it doesn't reserve 50%. Provides a lot of value. I just flipped all my gems so it will be a little bit before I'll be able to max out the build's potential, but with just a couple more damage and life nodes to grab I'm feeling pretty comfortable where I'm at.

"
loomysh wrote:
sorry, i am new to this, but what are the advantages of using bow in this trickster build instead of other weapons?

A bow can give you +3 gems (well, +1 for all gems, +2 for support). With empower it's hard to beat the deeps. Having arcane surge on the bow is super sweet too. You can also 6L your contagion/bane set up in the chest. That said, wand/shield builds are stupid strong (went all the way to 89 using them), so you're not really missing out one way or another.

I guess another benefit is using

For actual auras instead of Bane/Contagion. I know some people might slot the setup in the boots, but this way I still keep my blight totems and CWDT setups. I'm on the fence about Immortal Call in it, but while I might not be "immortal" when it procs, ele damage mitigation is a nice thing to have I suppose.
I'm finding this build really squishy, help?

I just started mapping with this character, so I dont have the best gear but I'm ele capped

Physical damage reduction is only 2%

Evasion rating low at 1092 (12% evade to attacks)

3.5k life with 600 ES

Rares don't die quickly enough

I'm using the contagion variant

Only level 67, haven't taken MoM or the Battery nodes yet cause I dont have the ES
Have you done the merciless lab yet? That really boosts your life by a ton with the right gear. I also went 1h/shield and gained a ton of raw hp/energy shield.
Thanks for the guide,
Can somebody help me with changing armor? I'm using Atziri's and so far it feels amazing (albeit it's only 5-link hence the change).
What do you guys think about skin of the loyal? Or is Perfect Form BiS here? I have around 8ex to spend on body armor upgrade but i'm not sure that balancing resists for PF is worth it. Maybe there are some other alternatives?
here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/C2CdvBZ0
thanks for the explanation psyonix, i understand it now
Hello everybody,

Firstly, this build is great. I'm really enjoying.

At the moment I'm mapping(tier4-5'ish) and I'm still walking around with 2x lifesprig and gear that I found on the floor except my body(Carcass Jack) and helm(The Gull).

I'd like to ask what weapons do I want to use before I'm getting my multicrafted bow. Or should I just buy 2x wands(I pref 2 wands atm) with the offensive bonusses listed in the guide?

Where do I want to cover the most of my resists here, gloves+belt+boots and try to get damage on my jewellry? What would be more ideal.

My gear at the moment:

My budget at the moment is ~2ex.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

In case someone wants to take a look at my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/j1gWP8ew
Last edited by FIy on Jun 15, 2019, 12:30:01 PM
Hi, so I decided to play this build as league starter and I'm pretty much a PoE noob. I'm currently at around T7 maps but things start getting harder (getting one-shottet sometimes and sometimes single target damage is lacking). I wanted to ask you guys if you could tell me which items are a weak spot in my current setup? I know a 6L would probably go a long way but I don't have the funds currently.

I have about 30ish chaos orbs and currently doing the chaos recipe to get more.
"
loomysh wrote:
thanks for the explanation psyonix, i understand it now

No worries!

"
Lugel1 wrote:
Thanks for the guide,
Can somebody help me with changing armor? I'm using Atziri's and so far it feels amazing (albeit it's only 5-link hence the change).
What do you guys think about skin of the loyal? Or is Perfect Form BiS here? I have around 8ex to spend on body armor upgrade but i'm not sure that balancing resists for PF is worth it. Maybe there are some other alternatives?
here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/C2CdvBZ0

Atziri's IS awesome, I used a 5L for a while before I could afford The Perfect Form. I got that chest for 2 reasons. Being able to drop Phase Acrobatics, and boosting my evasion with uncapped cold resistance. The arctic armor things is nice too, but not really needed (I use it because why not, it's basically free). So I save myself several points on the tree, get a decent boost to evasion, and a "free" aura. Lots of benefits there!

Others could argue for Queen of the Forest and some of the other evasion-based pieces. But me personally, I think what I'm using is BiS - at least for my particular build.
Is there a particular Bow that should be used. I see mostly Short Bows...so is that the best way to go?

My gear is junk...but haven't been able to find anything relatively useful...even currency is harder this league.

https://pastebin.com/msxLrL58

Srry not sure how to link items :)
Last edited by TheSentrixIsHere on Jun 15, 2019, 3:39:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info