GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
karlomka wrote:
Hi, so I decided to play this build as league starter and I'm pretty much a PoE noob. I'm currently at around T7 maps but things start getting harder (getting one-shottet sometimes and sometimes single target damage is lacking). I wanted to ask you guys if you could tell me which items are a weak spot in my current setup? I know a 6L would probably go a long way but I don't have the funds currently.

I have about 30ish chaos orbs and currently doing the chaos recipe to get more.

Getting your labs done will be a big boost in survivability and damage. I'd also suggest trying out the Flesh and Stone gem instead of Discipline- I found it to be much better. Check out the calculator on the first page, is MoM/EB even better for you? Keep in mind that not using it frees up a lot more points to get life nodes with.

Edit: You're going to want to change that chest piece to an evasion one once you do your next lab
Last edited by matt__ on Jun 15, 2019, 3:46:25 PM
"
FIy wrote:
Hello everybody,
Where do I want to cover the most of my resists here, gloves+belt+boots and try to get damage on my jewellry? What would be more ideal.
My budget at the moment is ~2ex.

I would suggest you to get resist on gloves, belt and rings - if you want to min-max this build - you can check my profile(still upgrading gear).

"
Is there a particular Bow that should be used. I see mostly Short Bows...so is that the best way to go?

Doesn't rly matter - you only need them to be ilvl 50 or higher.
Short bow is good because of low dex requirement, but Shadow have more than enought dex to use even more dex "heavy" bows.
"
nexro wrote:
"
FIy wrote:
Hello everybody,
Where do I want to cover the most of my resists here, gloves+belt+boots and try to get damage on my jewellry? What would be more ideal.

I would suggest you to get resist on gloves, belt and rings - if you want to min-max this build - you can check my profile(still upgrading gear).

"
Is there a particular Bow that should be used. I see mostly Short Bows...so is that the best way to go?

Short bow is good because of low dex requirement, but Shadow have more than enought dex to use even more dex "heavy" bows.

True, but the more important reason is off coloring the bow, the lower the dex requirement, the easier it is to off color.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 15, 2019, 5:31:12 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
nexro wrote:
"
FIy wrote:
Hello everybody,

"

True, but the more important reason is off coloring the bow, the lower the dex requirement, the easier it is to off color.

How many Chroms you think i would need to 3B/2G/1R
"
Hi, so I decided to play this build as league starter and I'm pretty much a PoE noob. I'm currently at around T7 maps but things start getting harder (getting one-shottet sometimes and sometimes single target damage is lacking). I wanted to ask you guys if you could tell me which items are a weak spot in my current setup? I know a 6L would probably go a long way but I don't have the funds currently.

I have about 30ish chaos orbs and currently doing the chaos recipe to get more.

Hi,
first things first: u really need the "escape artist" trait from your ascendecy. Do the lab. At your level it'll be a piece of cake, even with not so great equip.
Now, talking about equipment... i can point you out some very cheap but effective items, some of them already mentioned some pages ago.

Zeel's Amplifier Polished Spiked Shield is a really good and cheap shield

Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves, a must have imho

Cerberus Limb Blood Sceptre not a great fan of this item, but it's personal preference. It's solid, cheap and help a lot with quality of life.

Bated Breath Chain Belt, somehow underrated, still i loved this item and used it a lot. Boost a lot your energy shield.

The Vertex Vaal Mask, another really solid item and really cheap

All these items sinergize very well with Escape Artist and should help you with not be onesshotted.
I saw You went for MoM/EB setup, put a point in Wicked Ward too (You will have to refund a couple of points to maximize the route to it and then to EB. Same thing u should do on the route to Acrobatics: You can save 1 skillpoint if you go from Revenge of the Hunted instead of Blood Drinker to Acrobatics)

Buy an evasion chest, 5L will be good enough, do not invest more than some chaos though. Better items will open for you once you'll have some more currency.
Heya everyone. I need some help!

First of all, my gear:

Yes, it's not all that good. A lot is extremely bad even. I'm currently saving up for a good weapon. Thinking about going for one of those bow-quiver setups instead of wand-shield.

So, can anybody give me some advice? I'm kind of stuck, progress-wise. Damage is also starting to get terribly low. It seems like I have SO MANY things to change and upgrade, I gets confusing and 'too much' very quick.

I always have troubles buying rare items because I simply don't know what exactly to look for, and how much those items are worth. Afraid of overpaying. I often try to find unique alternatives to keep it simple.
"

How many Chroms you think i would need to 3B/2G/1R

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
deleted
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 15, 2019, 7:56:10 PM
"
vrekstok wrote:
Heya everyone. I need some help!

First of all, my gear:

Yes, it's not all that good. A lot is extremely bad even. I'm currently saving up for a good weapon. Thinking about going for one of those bow-quiver setups instead of wand-shield.

So, can anybody give me some advice? I'm kind of stuck, progress-wise. Damage is also starting to get terribly low. It seems like I have SO MANY things to change and upgrade, I gets confusing and 'too much' very quick.

I always have troubles buying rare items because I simply don't know what exactly to look for, and how much those items are worth. Afraid of overpaying. I often try to find unique alternatives to keep it simple.

Just looking at your tree and gears. I see you've taken Acrobatic along with EB and Mom, you generally don't want to do this, read the Acrobatic keystone, it takes away 30% of your ES. I recommend you spec out of EB/Mom, your gears don't look like it can support it, there is a formula that helps you figure out the optimum ratio of ES to Life. On the front page, Ghazzy provided a calculator, read Defence & Utility, click on "Mind Over Matter eHP Calculator" and read that also.

You now want to focus on Evasion and Dodge for defense. If you choose to go this route, I recommend you unspec EB, Mom, Arcane Will, and Arcane Focus. This will save you nine points. Take the AoE node next to Lethal Assault and unspec the Eva/ES/Life/Resis node next to Resourcefulness. Take the dex node between Revenge of the Hunted and Acrobatics, then unspec the strength and dex nodes south of coordination, this will save you another point, you now have 10 points to play with.

I recommend taking Corruption. Arcane Swiftness and Sockets for more offense and Survivalist for more defense, play around with it in PoB.

I don't know if the Zeel shield will still be good if you're not going EB/Mom. Try to find/buy a high ES helmet (read Escape Artist), look for a wand with "non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier" with an open prefix to craft spell damage. If you don't already have 5ex, don't bother thinking about going bow.

Try out Flesh and Stone, I did and I like it so much I dropped Discipline for it.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 15, 2019, 7:56:43 PM
Any recommendations for decent 2H uniques for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info