GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Sorzki wrote:
i am reading evrything trying to get into it. first time playing poe and i love the contagion/ed plastyle together with phaserun, flame dash and totem. i understand most of it but now its getting to deep xD i did chill elveling exploring evrything and move act 10 with level 68 now doing the cruel labyrinth before killing last boss. can i get any tips what i should focus on first?

-getting 6linked armour for ED from poe trade, crafting around the stuff
i safed up pushing my other slots or just keep farming as long i can handle
evrything in hope for epic loot?^^

maybe there is a general to do guide i didnt found yet

Can't see your character (I assume it's not set to public?), but in general I think you should just run maps and figure out what you need by playing. If you're not killing things fast get more damage with better gem levels/links or a better weapon. If you're dying too much figure out how to get more HP/ES/Evasion. Make sure you're capped on res though, that's an easy one.
Are any of you guys actually taking Acrobatics or Phase Acrobatics?
And does it really help? I don't know how much help it really gives in the end run.
"
daimonxp wrote:
And does it really help? I don't know how much help it really gives in the end run.

I've been using it but I noticed I was still getting whacked pretty hard and frequently. Keeping defensive flasks up as much as possible (Quartz, Jade and Stibnite) REALLY helps with survivability and bumped my dodge and evasion both past 50%. If you're not maximizing your evasion options, it might feel a little lacking, I'm sure.

My plan now is to move toward mana/energy shield and see how that goes, but it'll be a while until I make the conversion. For what it's worth, according to POE.Ninja about 40-50% of ED users take those nodes.
"
kamintar wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:

I've been using it but I noticed I was still getting whacked pretty hard and frequently. Keeping defensive flasks up as much as possible (Quartz, Jade and Stibnite) REALLY helps with survivability and bumped my dodge and evasion both past 50%. If you're not maximizing your evasion options, it might feel a little lacking, I'm sure.

My plan now is to move toward mana/energy shield and see how that goes, but it'll be a while until I make the conversion. For what it's worth, according to POE.Ninja about 40-50% of ED users take those nodes.

I remember playing with it end of league last league when I had currency and just felt just as squaishy with tons of evasion at the time, 4 empower, tons of stuff. I just didn't feel any difference and it taking ES away just seems bad. From what I remember it just didn't feel like much of a defense.
question what are people using instead of cwdt IM now?
Probably not the most optimal setup but im running CWDT lvl 3 with Phase Run lvl 5

edit: CWDT lvl 1 and PR lvl 3
Last edited by fmagesty on Jun 13, 2019, 9:39:41 PM
"
daimonxp wrote:
"
kamintar wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:

I remember playing with it end of league last league when I had currency and just felt just as squaishy with tons of evasion at the time, 4 empower, tons of stuff. I just didn't feel any difference and it taking ES away just seems bad. From what I remember it just didn't feel like much of a defense.

Yea well ES was a bit stronger last league in general, and I'm just barely in maps but I can definitely see it's getting a little rough. It's why I'm starting to make the move back to more ES and EB/MoM eventually.
"
ocv808 wrote:
question what are people using instead of cwdt IM now?

CwDT - any Offering - Warlord's Mark

The offering will destroy the corpse and any "in air" projectile will disappear at the same time.

Warlord's Mark is not there for the leech but to generate a few endurance charges.
I find that I can consistently get 2 to 3 charges. Don't do this if you have your curse linked to Blasphemy. I self cast Bane - Despair on high hp monsters.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 13, 2019, 11:13:33 PM
"
kamintar wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:

My take is if you're going to take MoM/EB then don't take acrobatic, you can still use The Perfect Form for the free Phase Acrobatic.

If you do take Acrobatic, you'll have to go all in with dodge/evasion. In my case I have 52% evade chance, 18 block chance, 52% attack dodge chance, and 55% spell dodge chance while sitting in my hideout and still have Vaal Grace in reserve. Oh and before I forget, the Flesh and Stone aura blinds anything that gets near me and reduce the not nearby enemies' damage that gets thru by 10% (that is such a godly aura). My next point will be Survivalist, which will push my evade chance to 56%.

edit: I also have 1200 ES protecting life (without Discipline).
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 13, 2019, 11:17:50 PM
Does immortal call still worked well since the nerf or the nerf was postponed or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info