GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey there! I just started leveling this and i'm already at an impasse of what I want to use for mapping / near end game. With legion league I really like the idea of contagion spreading throughout the entire legion pack on its own. But I really dig the damage of bane so far. Is that damage that big of a difference between the two for bossing? Also thinking of using shield charge, just seems it would make the build a lot faster and more fluid. Any help deciding what I should do would be great.
Thanks.
I quite like the ideas in this build. I started with it and then ended up doing some changes, may or may not be wrong, probably wrong, I am not really experienced enough in this game yet :).

I prefer Bane + ED myself, way more than contagion, but to be fair i haven't really used contagion since really low level.

For me, I am doing Tier 11 maps easily, I can do more, but I want to get my map completion up a bit more before starting on 12+. I've been working on gear and it's not yet ideal but at least I covered life and resists pretty well with a somewhat small amount of ES. Not dying, unless I don't pay attention.

The skill tree is like the one here and I am adding Hex Master next level, thought that made sense.

Got 4700 life and 1800 ES atm. I know most my items need some better stats, working on that. I am aiming for gear with life, ES, resists, not quite there yet.

I am looking to change my weapon setup to Cerberus Limb + a shield, maybe ... i need a good shield first to play with that combo.

Could do with some suggestions on gems, not sure what to use in my gloves, I can't add any support gems as the reserved mana gets too high.

Any other ideas / things to aim for that would make my char stronger?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Griffildur/characters?characterName=Daggeros

Last edited by Griffildur on Jun 14, 2019, 10:25:50 AM
Uber Elder dead!(1death)

Gear:

Still not sure what amulet I should get, thinking about Impresence.
Also I want to do 6L blight - so don't mind that setup in chest for now :D
this is such a good guide!
Millions thanks to you for creating it.
I am very very new to the game. I only played 1 season, never got past t14 map.

I wonder how I should proceed from t10 map onward.
I try to read all the discussion in this thread, but im so new to the game, sometimes i dont understand what you guys are saying....

Any advice from anyone for further progress is appreciated! I just wanna fast mapping!

thanks!!!!!!!!!1^_^
Is there any way to fit in Bane as main clearing skill, ED for sick boss damage and Contagion to spread ED for Legion encounters?
"
Snoukz wrote:
Is there any way to fit in Bane as main clearing skill, ED for sick boss damage and Contagion to spread ED for Legion encounters?

Sure with Staff or Bow - 6L ED in bow/staff and 6L Bane in Chest or you can use weapon swap.
But 6L Bane setup uses 3 curses so you need to take passive for +1 curse(Whispers of Doom) and get +1 curse on item.
Or maybe you can use 4L with single curse and it will be enought(I never played Bane).
"
nexro wrote:
Uber Elder dead!(1death)

Gear:

Omg, such crazy gear already. /Envy.
"
nexro wrote:
Uber Elder dead!(1death)

Gear:

Hello!

It's my first time doing a poison/chaos build.
The main damage scale with this builds come in form of the gems level, right? I'm still leveling them (18 atm) and my pob seems quite different in terms of dps, but I start to remove levels/quality on the provided PoB and it seems to drop by quite a lot too.. so I guess that's it.
Last edited by Miyavi on Jun 14, 2019, 12:34:49 PM
"
Tabaxus wrote:
Spoiler
"
nexro wrote:
Uber Elder dead!(1death)

Gear:

Well, Bow cost me 22c(base 6L) + craft (~5,5ex - 2ex multi mod, 2ex +2support and the rest was for alterations and chromatic and 50c as tips for crafter).
Helmet is self drop.
Souls Strike was like 4alch, rings 10c each, amulet is bad, chest was 60c + ~800fus to 6L.
Belt dropped(it's nothing extra). Gloves cost me 10c.

I was "lucky" with some drops - managed to sell 3 gloves for 30-45c/ea, got wand that I priced for 3ex and sold immediately.

But most my currency came from selling maps, essences and fossils in bulk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info