GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
"
Hello. I am relatively new, and I want to ask for advice. I do not know which amulet or ring to use. Resists are closed. I would like to get a strong increase in DPS or survival

You equipped Devouring Diadem but aren't actually using it basically. You can reserve all your mana because of EB and also have significantly reduced mana reserved from gems socketed in that helmet. Zealotry would be the most obvious bump for damage, Grace and/or Discipline for survivability. Also, I'm pretty sure Intensify works out to be slightly better than spell cascade for contagion, but that is pretty minor. Your quiver could definitely be improved too.

I have a couple questions: how do you not have enough damage with an effective level 24 ED and how do you have enough currency to afford what you have and not know how to use it?

Starting with peranduses, I was the hero of the asylum) I traded but did not fight Craft but did not wear) I never had a currency and I think there will be no problems, but I cannot go through the story of Zana) There is enough damage for mapping, but the ancient and guardians could would die and faster
hi,

Last league I played Bane/Soulrend so I wanted to play Essence Drain & Contagion. The issue I have is I find this build very squeeshi. I died twice in HC already. And I am looking for some tips from HC players.

1. twice I died was around the time when taking Acrobatics and that other big node for spell dodge. Is it not right to rush them in HC as the video tells us?

2. I find Essence Drain & Contagion having not big damage from when I get them to Act 7 (that as far as I got) should I level them if off weapons and use Bane/Soulrend? and if so when would be good time to switch back?

3. I am not sure with what gear to go, should I go full ES? or Evasion/ES? (I just tried to have HP and res on gear but maybe I should focus as well what kind of gear I have).

Any advice from HC players is very welcome.

Thanks.
If you are using Bane you can equip

and use Assassin's Mark for life and mana
and Temporal Chains if you are using

Cospri's Will and

work good with Escape Artist

another tip would be to put Malevolence in
"

Starting with peranduses, I was the hero of the asylum) I traded but did not fight Craft but did not wear) I never had a currency and I think there will be no problems, but I cannot go through the story of Zana) There is enough damage for mapping, but the ancient and guardians could would die and faster

have a look at my edits and possibly my pob, if you want damage bows are not the way to go as 1 roll is capped at 40% non-ailment craft while noncraft non-ailment on wands can go up to 38 while my wands I use are 33 & 26 (one is in stash since i use zeel for mapping)

if i had 2 wands 110% spell \ 33% ailment & 45~ chaos dmg with witchfire i shoot up another 120k. (thats not even multimodded)
Last edited by austeemo on Jun 12, 2019, 11:05:24 AM
"
brzoskwinia wrote:

"
vapkez wrote:
I'm hopefully going to be pushing through to the higher tier red maps, could someone suggest stats I need to aim for given I am using the exact same passive tree as this build suggests?

Specifically, HP/ES/Evasion/Damage? Capped resistances are basically a given.

Having a hard time knowing what gear pieces I need to go for.

High ES helmet + really high evasion armor for Escape Artist.
Rest is just ES/Hybrid es/eva gear or some uniques, like allelopathy or atziri steps.
Also there's some other rich choices like Impresence amu with Despair free reservation - you can run despair in blasphemy setup without Witchfire flask.
And i think best rich option for jewels is Watcher's eye with
+% chaos damage over time multi with Malevolance aura.

For rare rings/amu/belts stats are just for cappings resists, guess life+es+double/triple resists are bis, maybe cast speed? i found that there's nice essence that gives jewellery a lot of chaos damage - maybe its worth to craft really nice amu/rings with that.
Weapon need chaos dot multiplier, a lot. Also there's option to really nice multimod. Alch wand to get +% non-aligment chaos dot multipier then regal/annul and multimod some nice mods, like +% dot, chaos dmg, cast speed with arcane surge proc etc.
Shield options are rare with high es/spell dmg/cast speed or just Zeel's Amplifier, free 50% aoe with really nice stats like hp/es/eva and even decent spell dmg - really nice cheap choice.

Thanks for the response, I definitely learned some things from that. However, I was wondering if anyone had specific numbers for these stats. For example, I believe I have 6k evasion, 4.2k health, 1.7 ES, can't remember dmg off hand. I don't know what I need to boost or focus on in other gear so that I can get through to uber/shaper
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
"
Hello. I am relatively new, and I want to ask for advice. I do not know which amulet or ring to use. Resists are closed. I would like to get a strong increase in DPS or survival

You equipped Devouring Diadem but aren't actually using it basically. You can reserve all your mana because of EB and also have significantly reduced mana reserved from gems socketed in that helmet. Zealotry would be the most obvious bump for damage, Grace and/or Discipline for survivability. Also, I'm pretty sure Intensify works out to be slightly better than spell cascade for contagion, but that is pretty minor. Your quiver could definitely be improved too.

I have a couple questions: how do you not have enough damage with an effective level 24 ED and how do you have enough currency to afford what you have and not know how to use it?

I tried to use discipline, and it gives less shield than it takes mana. does zealotry add a chance to crit, which I think does not give anything for our build, or does the spell damage that it adds is so significant that it costs its manna?
"
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
"

I tried to use discipline, and it gives less shield than it takes mana. does zealotry add a chance to crit, which I think does not give anything for our build, or does the spell damage that it adds is so significant that it costs its manna?

Now I use 3 auras that I put in a helmet: Zealotry. Flesh and Stone + malevovelence

Anymore reasonable upgrades I could make?
Last edited by deathopz on Jun 12, 2019, 11:42:04 AM
Trying out this build, having a lot of fun with it.

I think I'm going to make some adjustments here, probably add Zealotry and Grace and find somewhere else to slot the flame dash/movement skill.

I crafted these so I can switch up my playstyle without needing to change much:

Spoiler

This one is a 5L for Contagion + Inc. AoE + Intensify

This one when I want to play around with Bane (standad 4L set up with Bane + Despair + Efficacy)

As you can see they are for sale (not trying to pitch them here, but if you are interested, PM me here or in game. Prices are negotiable). Mainly because The Void gave me this:

So I want to craft a +3 bow, but I'm broke at the moment because of stuff like this:

Item was expensive enough, and 6L & coloring it pretty much used up the rest of the currency I had

Here's the rest of my gear:

Spoiler

Still have a lot of room to improve, but I really want to get that bow crafted and pair it with Soul Strike.
"
nexro wrote:
"
Abax11 wrote:
i'm the only one who isn't using mom on this build? i don't feel the need because life+ES is more than sufficent.

I believe that MoM+ED is used because it allows you to reserve all your mana. At least in SC, in HC/SSF you want as much mitigation as possible.

yes but i think can do better things with that 5-6 points, althought could be a good way to put zealotry or haste(for clear speed) without heavy investment in - %mana reserved. should test that because defenses are ok without mom at the point that i died sometimes because of low effort evading lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info