GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
Sorzki wrote:

is it worth rolling for 4 blue linked slots on this for free faster casting on contanion and replacing the slotted faster casting with a another modifier?

You don't benefit from the crit stat, or the intelligence. Why not get these gloves, which have more relevant stats, and then have a 5-link blight totem, which still casts wither from the Spreading Rot unique jewel?

Why Faster Casting Support?
Quick question here...

Will contagion spread bane and all the curses linked to it? That sounds bonkers!
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
Sorzki wrote:

is it worth rolling for 4 blue linked slots on this for free faster casting on contanion and replacing the slotted faster casting with a another modifier?

You don't benefit from the crit stat, or the intelligence. Why not get these gloves, which have more relevant stats, and then have a 5-link blight totem, which still casts wither from the Spreading Rot unique jewel?

Why Faster Casting Support?

Read a page or so back in this thread, and I talk about it. It has to do with the Spreading Rot jewel.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
"
xsnowingx wrote:

Read a page or so back in this thread, and I talk about it. It has to do with the Spreading Rot jewel.

Okay thanks.
I think I'll still go with controlled destruction and efficacy until somebody confirms this.
"
jagiellonia wrote:

IF you want to boost your defences by 200% use this gem:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_and_Sand
Malevolence + this is best aura setup.

How exactly does this work? The buffs all say they apply to melee skills, but we don't use those.
"
rainmeadow wrote:
Fairly new PoE player here (just joined end Synthesis). Could someone have a look at my current build (lvl 46 atm), feel really squishy :( Damage is nice though... so no problems here. Sitting ag 1.5K Life + 440 ES atm.

Also, how do you guys sustain your ES? Especially in Boss fights where you take a lot of damage and don't kill that many enemies in quick succession.
Last edited by rainmeadow on Jun 11, 2019, 6:18:04 PM
"
"
jagiellonia wrote:

IF you want to boost your defences by 200% use this gem:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_and_Sand
Malevolence + this is best aura setup.

How exactly does this work? The buffs all say they apply to melee skills, but we don't use those.

I think they meant Flesh and Stone.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flesh_and_Stone
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:
"
poeGT wrote:
"

If you take a look at my profile, im sort of doing a mix between this build and zizarians build and i feel like its the best setup right now for mapping/bossing and the league mechanic.

The way i got it going is ED/Contagion for moniliths, you can zip around with flame dash, and use those unique gloves for a level 22 blight. Blight has like a 3ft radious, but it melts tough mobs around the totems and high level bosses if you use the wither totem. Its also great for temple bosses with there chaos resistances. Those gloves are dirt cheap and carried me up to t16. Then bane is my mapping skill. Im really only using ED/Contagion for monoliths and high tier mapping, but once bain levels up ill use that in high tier maps.

Are you going MoM/Battery? I think Phase/Acro for non HC might be a waste, but I can't seem to decide atm. Also the starting nodes you picked up 3 cast speed instead of the 30% chaos damage, on purpose or because of ziz's starting build?

There are nodes like arcane swiftness that look good if you go non-mon. I can't really decide, all I know is atm mana is a massive issue for me, still just running 1 buff.

I am still not sure about purity of flesh and devotion nodes on the left, I mean its 5 skill points just to get to those clusters.

I see you went Weave+Swift Killer. Prolonged is tempting and I've seen a few people use that. Your thoughts? I think ziz even dropped swift killer and went "Overcharge" to compensate - at a cost of 4 skill points.

Is anyone bothering with Blast Radius and Amplify? Only 4 skill points to get both. Maybe if you're not running Zeel shield it's worth it for?

What about going up for dbl curses?

Im going for MoM and Battery, i just need one more skill point until i can get both at once.

I usually agree on the phase/acro, but i feel like there is a ton of ranged attacks in legion. Almost feels like incursion when everyone was getting nailed by the spitters at once. Plus it helps in temples, cause they all got so much chaos resistance, that it takes longer to kill stuff than normal. Probably wont be much of a issue end game tho, but for leveling and mapping it seems to be worth it at the moment. I might respec out of it later idk, going to see how it goes.

With the life points on the left, i mostly took them for some extra survivability pushing through maps. Ziz took them but i know there more for hardcore players. Its sort of like the phase acro skills for me. If it comes a time where im just not dying and feel tanky enough ill probably respec them. But as of right now its a bit hairy sometimes using blight upclose in t13+. It allows me to face tank a bit more, and just get bosses in one go instead of running away and coming back for a 2nd hit.

The 3 cast nodes i took mostly because zizs tree is the one i followed to begin with, then i kind of just put elements of this one into it. But at the same time i heard ED/Contagion really shines with high cast speed. So idk what is best. If i had a good multi modded weapon i would probably drop them for the chaos damage. Zizs tree i feel like is better for league start with bad gear while ghazzys tree is better for end game.

Weave/Swift killer seems like the better bet for mapping in my opinion. The prolonged pain option seems like a good choice if ur farming guardians/shaper/uber elder tho.

Getting weave of the arcane helped my mana issue a ton and just leveling up in general seems to help. I still run out here or there, which is part of the reason i like bane for mapping. I never run of mana with bane.

Thanks. I'll go mom/battery/ward but not sure if I'll go phase/acro. I've been saving skill points while mapping. I don't really care for bosses this league so I'll stick to the ascendency weave/killer for mapping.

I can't run discipline atm only low clarity+male. I am guessing weaver will help run discipline or else I may have to pick up some max mana nodes. Are you running both?

What pantheons are you running? I am lunaris major but minor I prefer Gruth.

I'd love to change those 3 starting points to chaos damage but oh well. I am just level 80 atm this is my current gear:

I need to get a better weapon that's for sure but I can't craft jack atm. I get bored of any build past 90, I think this league I'll just be playing this and picking one melee before I quit.

Any glaring gear bits I should upgrade? I have about 1.5 ex worth of currency atm.
Last edited by poeGT on Jun 11, 2019, 9:00:33 PM
Is wicked ward worth it? And does it have any value before you have EB/MoM?
I don't understand how the gem is supposed to work in the starting area. Am I blind there is not 40 int unless you spend extra points to get it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info