GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
YaCantStopMe wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:

If you take a look at my profile, im sort of doing a mix between this build and zizarians build and i feel like its the best setup right now for mapping/bossing and the league mechanic.

The way i got it going is ED/Contagion for moniliths, you can zip around with flame dash, and use those unique gloves for a level 22 blight. Blight has like a 3ft radious, but it melts tough mobs around the totems and high level bosses if you use the wither totem. Its also great for temple bosses with there chaos resistances. Those gloves are dirt cheap and carried me up to t16. Then bane is my mapping skill. Im really only using ED/Contagion for monoliths and high tier mapping, but once bain levels up ill use that in high tier maps.

You can make a 5-link Blight spell totem link with those gloves, right? might be an option with the unique jewel

You probably can i havent tried it tho. I just discovered the gloves existed the other day looking at POE ninja and bought mine for 5c and i felt like my single target skyrocketed compared to the 4 link blight setup i had before.

I tried it last night and really liked it. The link is Blight - Multiple Totems -Spell Totems - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction. I just realized I accidentally put in Conc Effect over Controlled Destruction, whoops!

Do you prefer casting blight? Cause then you have 3 Spells to cast, and that to me is suboptimal, when you could just use a totem for one of them.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Failed to keep shaper alive during red elder.. twice.

Any tips or are you guys just using frost wall
this build is fun so far but why bane? sure the bane setup itself does more damage "on one button" but without contagion it doesnt spread at all.
Probably already asked, but with alleopathy and 4 support gems i have a 5linked lvl 22 blight? What if i put a spell totem in one slot?

also, is breath of the council good for mapping till early red tiers?
how long does it take Wither to hit maximum stacks, without cast speed modifiers? A post from 2017 is telling me it will cap out at 7.14 out of 20 charges.

(1/0.28 = 3.5714 casts per second, times 2 seconds, = 7.14 stacking casts)

This this equation valid??

How does 50 cast speed from a 20/20 faster casting affect this equation? Also, I would assume that since there are 2 totems, you are effectively hitting more because while totems have 30% less inherent cast speed, we have 2 of them. It may be useful to not use faster casting and go for dmg supports instead.

I wish I knew the calculation for all this so we could math out how much cast speed you need on your tree and gear in order to hit 20 stacks of Wither.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jun 11, 2019, 11:39:35 AM
"
aitalar wrote:
this build is fun so far but why bane? sure the bane setup itself does more damage "on one button" but without contagion it doesnt spread at all.

Because during the story and many maps, packs aren't close enough together to make contagion worth it. Also ED without castspeed is very slow, especially when you need to cast contagion first.
Bane is much faster and more convenient to use.
Fairly new PoE player here (just joined end Synthesis). Could someone have a look at my current build (lvl 46 atm), feel really squishy :( Damage is nice though... so no problems here. Sitting ag 1.5K Life + 440 ES atm.
Last edited by rainmeadow on Jun 11, 2019, 11:37:48 AM
"
austeemo wrote:
Failed to keep shaper alive during red elder.. twice.

Any tips or are you guys just using frost wall

I failed my only attempt, too.
I'd say getting an actual 6L (Poison does nothing for you), Allelopathy and a 21 ED would all be serious boosts for your DPS.

Going from your level 19 Blight to a level 22 Blight 5L doubles the DPS of that skill.

And I just gotta flex that RNG here for a moment.
After failing on keeping Shaper alive I was kinda frustrated and blew my Ex for a 6L and did this:

Spoiler

I'm reasonable sure my next Elder fight will look different.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
aitalar wrote:

Because during the story and many maps, packs aren't close enough together to make contagion worth it. Also ED without castspeed is very slow, especially when you need to cast contagion first.
Bane is much faster and more convenient to use.

cant confirm, using contagion is much faster for me, especially wwith league enounters. I often kill like 75% of the legion with just 1 cast
"
Mozzanator wrote:
Probably already asked, but with alleopathy and 4 support gems i have a 5linked lvl 22 blight? What if i put a spell totem in one slot?

Then you have a spell totem that casts Blight!

I'm doing this, and it feels good for single-target-at-a-distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info