GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:

If you take a look at my profile, im sort of doing a mix between this build and zizarians build and i feel like its the best setup right now for mapping/bossing and the league mechanic.

The way i got it going is ED/Contagion for moniliths, you can zip around with flame dash, and use those unique gloves for a level 22 blight. Blight has like a 3ft radious, but it melts tough mobs around the totems and high level bosses if you use the wither totem. Its also great for temple bosses with there chaos resistances. Those gloves are dirt cheap and carried me up to t16. Then bane is my mapping skill. Im really only using ED/Contagion for monoliths and high tier mapping, but once bain levels up ill use that in high tier maps.

You can make a 5-link Blight spell totem link with those gloves, right? might be an option with the unique jewel

You probably can i havent tried it tho. I just discovered the gloves existed the other day looking at POE ninja and bought mine for 5c and i felt like my single target skyrocketed compared to the 4 link blight setup i had before.
"
poeGT wrote:
"

If you take a look at my profile, im sort of doing a mix between this build and zizarians build and i feel like its the best setup right now for mapping/bossing and the league mechanic.

The way i got it going is ED/Contagion for moniliths, you can zip around with flame dash, and use those unique gloves for a level 22 blight. Blight has like a 3ft radious, but it melts tough mobs around the totems and high level bosses if you use the wither totem. Its also great for temple bosses with there chaos resistances. Those gloves are dirt cheap and carried me up to t16. Then bane is my mapping skill. Im really only using ED/Contagion for monoliths and high tier mapping, but once bain levels up ill use that in high tier maps.

Are you going MoM/Battery and Phase/Acro? I think Phase/Acro for non HC might be a waste, but I can't seem to decide atm. Also the starting nodes you picked up 3 cast speed instead of the 30% chaos damage, on purpose or because of ziz's starting build?

There are nodes like arcane swiftness that look good if you go non-mon. I can't really decide, all I know is atm mana is a massive issue for me, still just running 1 buff.

I am still not sure about purity of flesh and devotion nodes on the left, I mean its 5 skill points just to get to those clusters.

I see you went Weave+Swift Killer. Prolonged is tempting and I've seen a few people use that. Your thoughts? I think ziz even dropped swift killer and went "Overcharge" to compensate - at a cost of 4 skill points.

Is anyone bothering with Blast Radius and Amplify? Only 4 skill points to get both. Maybe if you're not running Zeel shield it's worth it for?

What about going up for dbl curses?

Im going for MoM and Battery, i just need one more skill point until i can get both at once.

I usually agree on the phase/acro, but i feel like there is a ton of ranged attacks in legion. Almost feels like incursion when everyone was getting nailed by the spitters at once. Plus it helps in temples, cause they all got so much chaos resistance, that it takes longer to kill stuff than normal. Probably wont be much of a issue end game tho, but for leveling and mapping it seems to be worth it at the moment. I might respec out of it later idk, going to see how it goes.

With the life points on the left, i mostly took them for some extra survivability pushing through maps. Ziz took them but i know there more for hardcore players. Its sort of like the phase acro skills for me. If it comes a time where im just not dying and feel tanky enough ill probably respec them. But as of right now its a bit hairy sometimes using blight upclose in t13+. It allows me to face tank a bit more, and just get bosses in one go instead of running away and coming back for a 2nd hit.

The 3 cast nodes i took mostly because zizs tree is the one i followed to begin with, then i kind of just put elements of this one into it. But at the same time i heard ED/Contagion really shines with high cast speed. So idk what is best. If i had a good multi modded weapon i would probably drop them for the chaos damage. Zizs tree i feel like is better for league start with bad gear while ghazzys tree is better for end game.

Weave/Swift killer seems like the better bet for mapping in my opinion. The prolonged pain option seems like a good choice if ur farming guardians/shaper/uber elder tho.

Getting weave of the arcane helped my mana issue a ton and just leveling up in general seems to help. I still run out here or there, which is part of the reason i like bane for mapping. I never run of mana with bane.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:

That looks really interesting. I've been using the Wither totem for as long as I can remember. It's pretty clunky most of the time though.

Thanks, I'll try this one out.

Withering totem felt clunky to me too, but the only time i feel like it necessary to use the totem is during boss fights. Which is why i got it on a helm swap with bane. With those gloves and a 5 link blight, bosses melt pretty quick with a whithering totem. Run in drop the totem and the boss is dead in like 5 seconds. I know its probably in my head but i feel like bossing is a night and day difference with those gloves and it feels like the totem is worth it now. But other than bossing and maybe a random red beast or betrayal mob the totem seems like a waste of 4 gem slots. I dont have a shaper helm yet, but a 4 link bane and a nice shaper mod seems like a much better option than a totem and it takes 2 seconds to swap.
Last edited by YaCantStopMe on Jun 10, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
what does w/e mean regarding the flasks in this build
What is better for this build, Cane of Unravelling or 1h wand + ES shield?
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
"
YaCantStopMe wrote:

That looks really interesting. I've been using the Wither totem for as long as I can remember. It's pretty clunky most of the time though.

Thanks, I'll try this one out.

Withering totem felt clunky to me too, but the only time i feel like it necessary to use the totem is during boss fights. Which is why i got it on a helm swap with bane. With those gloves and a 5 link blight, bosses melt pretty quick with a whithering totem. Run in drop the totem and the boss is dead in like 5 seconds. I know its probably in my head but i feel like bossing is a night and day difference with those gloves and it feels like the totem is worth it now. But other than bossing and maybe a random red beast or betrayal mob the totem seems like a waste of 4 gem slots. I dont have a shaper helm yet, but a 4 link bane and a nice shaper mod seems like a much better option than a totem and it takes 2 seconds to swap.

Thanks for the help. Everything seems much smoother now.
The solution with a helmet swap doesn't seem ideal though, but I'll consider it.
Hi, first time playing ED contagion and trickster, I am at guardians right now and having trouble, I have 6k overall health and I still get 1 shot by minotaur by literally anything, and I do almost no damage. Where does most of my damage come from? Do I just use contagion then ed and dodge for a few seconds and then repeat, or is most of my damage coming from blight? I also have an empower lvl 2 is that better as a 6l than energy leech or is it only better at lvl4. How can I best improve my damage? Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

To those who got this build to high level, what's the best chest piece to use in your experience? I'm still using a random rare I picked up somewhere. lol
Hey, how can i improve my damage? I've noticed that i'm struggling a bit with yellow legion mobs and some blue mobs.
Hello can help me pls waht ist the secend curse i use despair with the flask and the other curse is .....?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info