GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Thanks for the guide, I had a lot of fun with the build this league. After farming 11ex, I decided not to make a new character, but MIN/MAX this one.

I went with a clarity watcher's eye, +2 duration gems six link, abused the new 6% damage taken gained as mana when hit craft on jewellery, and got lucky with a cheap enchant helmet with a -9% chaos res mod. Bonus levels on your Essence Drain are the biggest source of damage. Level 4 Empower and Level 21 ED are huge. Attack speed on dagger, quicksilver and silver flask for smooth clearing.

Path of building of my character is here: https://pastebin.com/vHdA2AHg

529k Essence Drain DPS with witchfire brew and charges up.

Any tips for what I could improve?
I have successfully killed Uber Elder with this build! Proof: https://i.imgur.com/DhqlWB3.jpg
"
ElPolloLoc0 wrote:
Thanks for the guide, I had a lot of fun with the build this league. After farming 11ex, I decided not to make a new character, but MIN/MAX this one.

I went with a clarity watcher's eye, +2 duration gems six link, abused the new 6% damage taken gained as mana when hit craft on jewellery, and got lucky with a cheap enchant helmet with a -9% chaos res mod. Bonus levels on your Essence Drain are the biggest source of damage. Level 4 Empower and Level 21 ED are huge. Attack speed on dagger, quicksilver and silver flask for smooth clearing.

Try to get sth like this for huge dmg boost

I was wondering if I could build around this
, if I six-linked it or is this a waste of time?
"
arcticteam wrote:
I was wondering if I could build around this
, if I six-linked it or is this a waste of time?

i suggest an ELDER staff, to get that "+non-chaos ... Multiplier" since then, you can have blight on chest piece, or else, but idk if you focus on blight as main source, i.e., bossing?
"
Hamude wrote:
"
ElPolloLoc0 wrote:

Try to get sth like this for huge dmg boost

Damn, that is indeed 30% more DPS. Will hurt my survivability though.
What about strapping a "Cast While Channeling" ED to Blight?

So as you're channeling Blight, you're firing off ED every half-second.

I seen that in a Occultist build awhile ago and thought it would be awesome.
This was the second build I played after being introduced to POE. I couldn't play it efficiently back then although I enjoyed the play style.

During the last two days, I was revisiting my ED COntagion character in Standard and made significant upgrades. I can farm T15 maps easily. I would like to take the build to the next level. Can you guide me how I can upgrade the character.

My items are as below.

I also have Atziri's Reflection in Standard. I assume it is make more sense to use it although it is not a life shield. Is it correct?

I got the below wand recently. Is it any better than Breath of Council? What are the stats in order of importance that I should be looking for to have an upgrade in weapon?

Is "40% increased damage for ED" or "Nearby enemies have -9% Chaos resistance" better roll in helm?

Last edited by NEPHAN on Jan 13, 2019, 3:12:39 AM
I really like this class over Occultist, the cast speed changes a lot though Occultist probably has more dps. Higher cast speed also helps defensively as you can do other stuff faster.

Only killed Uber Izaro atm.

Defenses
For defenses, I looked for more energy shield in my gear after Life and Resistances, not through passives though, just to buffer CWDT Immortal Call somewhat. I'm still using Lochtonial Caress for the Endurance Charge chance for CWDT Immortal Call.

Gems
I'm currently using CWDT + Lightning Golem(there is an ingame visual bug here atm) + Despair, Arctic Armor in an Unset Ring, and Phase Run + Increased Duration. Flame Golem can be used over Lightning Golem for dps. For Essence Drain, I keep Greater Multiple Projectile Support in there so I can be lazier with aiming. It doesn't decrease Essence Drain DOT either. For utility over dps, optional gems are onslaught support and item rarity support.

Lv21 Empower Support is one of the more costly upgrades and lv20 Empower doesn't give as much damage as the other support gems barring Greater Projectile Support.

Currently using a wand with a total +100% damage modifier to ED's DOT with 17% cast speed.
Last edited by Buttmancer on Jan 11, 2019, 6:45:10 PM

I mean...I kinda like this type of setup. I did keep MoM and added a Intuitive Leap at the right side of the tree for Life, mana, frenzy charge, power charge. With
I have 420k on Poe Build. I also hase the spuder aura and free Temp Chains from
to keep my MoM up. Just need to grind 4 Empower and +1 Cloak for hmm 500k DoT.
Last edited by gleelash2 on Jan 13, 2019, 2:01:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info