GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Is life/mana leech useful at all for ED? Eg. for enchants such as leech x% as life & mana if you've killed recently - does it only leech on first hit, or does it also leech as it propagates?

Thanks!
"
Low_Flex wrote:
I love ED+contagion so much, but damn, it is so far of current meta, is it even possible to do red maps (betrayal bosses etc) without crazy investments in current stage? I guess not, but anyway I'll try, because this spells are wonderful

Done all content solo so far, except for Uber Elder. It's nice playing a non-meta build, all our good stuff is dirt cheap
"
Archetyp3 wrote:
"
Low_Flex wrote:
I love ED+contagion so much, but damn, it is so far of current meta, is it even possible to do red maps (betrayal bosses etc) without crazy investments in current stage? I guess not, but anyway I'll try, because this spells are wonderful

Done all content solo so far, except for Uber Elder. It's nice playing a non-meta build, all our good stuff is dirt cheap

cool, can you pm me with your pob link, I'm really interested how your char looks like? if you don't mind
https://pastebin.com/NyyKszEq

At the moment 795k dot DPS cause I wanted 5.2k HP. You can get more (roughly 1 million), but 16% damage craft is weaker in my opinion than mana/damage taken as mana. It works great with MoM. I already linked the "off build" items in the previous page. You can go more HP if you want of course, for the most part if the boss isn't too phased (like lvl 83 Mastermind which has long ass phases) you won't have problems.

Content I have cleared so far:
-all maps (-Hall of the Grandmasters, won't even bother trying that)
-all guardians
-shaper
-t15 elder
-Mastermind (which I died to cause I refuse to learn the mechanics)

What's cool is that you can run ANY map mod. And I do mean any. I bought corrupted unidentified maps and breezed through them.

I am not that great of a player though so maybe more can be done with the build. I am pretty sure Uber Atziri should be doable. (it used to be farmed with 80k caustic arrow back in the day so...)

Weaknesses of the ED Build in current gameplay:
-immortal totem auras (no pierce so you have to get in there good, which is a risk)
-MoM gives more EHP but you'll notice map mods such as "monsters deal X% as cold/lightning damage" take in account your life pool which at 5-5.2k mean you will always be chilled/shocked or even frozen (check the boots craft, it's worth more as an affix than 28 HP/evasion craft)
-same "small" life-pool means you will get stunned easier so beyond T13 it's better to play it safe, as a true ranged character
-temporal chains is doable but very painful in T15/T16 because remember, you have to do 2 things every pack: Contagion + ED, giving monsters time to find a way to gut you
-"monsters can't be slowed below base speed" mod means projectiles will hit you if you're not careful, if any of the above extra mods like Temp Chains or Extra Damage as Element are present, even if doable, I would re-roll the map
-long phased bosses with constant damage/DoTs screw up MoM, even at 200 mana regen per second

And that's kind of it. Delving is elegant since mobs are packed, some mods require careful gameplay, the Syndicate is easy enough with Vaal Blight.
Last edited by gleelash2 on Jan 20, 2019, 12:15:54 PM
"
Archetyp3 wrote:
"
Low_Flex wrote:

It is indeed. I wanted to see how ED worked out with the new chaos multi mod and decided to roll Occultist this time around. ED used to be more of an allrounder, but with no persistence off corpses or something similar, there are just too many uncomfortable encounters for it. Fortifications pre 3.5.1 and cities in delve were particularly uncomfortable to me.

ED is still ED, and it works best relative to other skills with lower investments. I just bought a 21 ED and didn't even bother leveling my gems to max before taking down elder with relative ease (compared to how it ED performed on him 2 patches ago).

Occultist vs. UElder
"
NoobCaeks wrote:
Is life/mana leech useful at all for ED? Eg. for enchants such as leech x% as life & mana if you've killed recently - does it only leech on first hit, or does it also leech as it propagates?

Thanks!

NO, read the gem description: Fires a projectile that applies a damage over time debuff when it hits. You are healed for a portion of the debuff damage. The debuff is spread by Contagion. This skill cannot be used by Traps or Mines.

healed for a portion of the debuff damage = Healed for the DoT, not the hit, also.
Watch MBextreme in youtube he played Essence drain uner elder in less than 2 half min deathless there a guide for it the updated one.
Watch MBextreme in youtube he played Essence drain uber elder in less than 2 half min deathless which is fast there a guide for it the updated one. There are also the budget one but you dont need 6l Shav and jewel its not a big deal not main source of damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR2AVRggLJQ

https://pastebin.com/B7CvnnJi

Last edited by popotm on Jan 23, 2019, 3:23:04 AM
With all due respect to mr. MbXtreme, who's tutorials I watched since the Warcraft days, he should have gone for a Bow so he has a quiver. Also my hideout DPS is 303k, not 257k :)

I find a delve crafted bow to be BIS (and there are some for sale atm) because of the extra quiver slot.
So my base EHP atm is 5.1k HP/2.2k mana for MoM. I would say roughly the same. The difference is I need stupid money to buy +1 curse Solstice Vigil (roughly 50Ex atm) to run triple curse, although that might screw up my MoM mana reserved. Anyway I think I am pretty set up in my last iteration, top damage is 889k with frenzy/power charges and 736k without.

Just food for thought, Blink Arrow is nice with "increased projectile speed" which is an easy enough mod to get on quiver/gloves so that you need one socket for it, no faster attacks needed, and it equals out "flame dash" it just has a bit higher CD. So a Bow/Quiver combo > Staff, even for and ES build.

Now you decide if you want life + MoM or ES. "When Focused" mods this league can be insane for ES builds as some of them act as downright flasks.

TL/DR I need -9 chaos rez helmet and +1 curse Solstice Vigil and I might get rank 1 DPS on ED #soon. Too bad I could never get 50EX ever so probably not going to happen xD
Last edited by gleelash2 on Jan 24, 2019, 12:29:03 AM
I am done boys. I guess just +1 curse
to go and level 97, both of which seem above my skill level, money and time. And too bad cause I landed on 972k top end DoT DPS and I need 1 more jewel for 1kk. Oh well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info