GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
RussianFanboy wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, I could hook you up with some gameplay footage if you are interested. Currently fully geared with pretty much all of your core items at the moment, running 100k chaos damage per second with my Essence Drain in my hideout. If you are interested, do tell me some of the footages you are looking for, I can hit you up with some within the next few days. This is my gear at the moment with a Level 4 Empower and Level 21 Essence Drain. My IGN in Abyss League is KimMiJo.

Hey man, where do you get your strength from? i see done on your gear?
"
AlexBrinkz wrote:
"
RussianFanboy wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, I could hook you up with some gameplay footage if you are interested. Currently fully geared with pretty much all of your core items at the moment, running 100k chaos damage per second with my Essence Drain in my hideout. If you are interested, do tell me some of the footages you are looking for, I can hit you up with some within the next few days. This is my gear at the moment with a Level 4 Empower and Level 21 Essence Drain. My IGN in Abyss League is KimMiJo.

Hey man, where do you get your strength from? i see done on your gear?

Hey Alex, I do have strength in my amulet, you must have missed that haha. But the rest of it comes from my skill tree.
I am not Russian.
"
kizzderose wrote:
"
Hamude wrote:
How important is it to use wither?

During normal clearing it would take too much time to also cast Wither everytime, also it only effects one monster at a time so it's useless, but during single fights like bosses etc it's a nice boost.

I have a few little questions myself:

1. Just doing some Merc Lab runs for enchants (no uber lab yet), what do you think are the best ones?
I'd say for gloves: "of Blade" because it scales with Projectile and Spell Damage or "of Frost" because it scales with Spell Damage and is Nova/AoE and it slows.
On the other hand i just got "of Inferno" and it seems pretty nice, too.
Boots probably Attack/Cast Speed or at least Movement Speed?
Helm ED-Damage, if i'm ever that lucky to get it?

2. I read a few posts before about Vaal Ligthning Trap to be cast by yourself. I also didn't know that CWDT doesn't cast it and already wondered about it a few times :D
Since i have enough to do to cast the other spells i would want something passive in there, what do you think about Tempest Shield for a bit more block and lightning damage?

3. How do you guys handle your movement skills? So far i have Whirling Blades in my dagger and i love the skill because it's really fast, expecially with frenzy charges. On the other hand Lightning Warp or Leap Slam is pretty good for cliffs etc, so i have LW in my 2nd weapon setup. Problem is, my auras are in my shield so when i swap the auras are off. It's a bit annoying.
How do you handle it? I was thinking of maybe getting a ring with a socket and put Leap Slam in there. It wouldn't need any support gems because i only need it rarely.

As always thanks for helping out, this community is really the greatest! ;)

1. Offensive option: I use "of Blades" most of the time. It works very nice with dellirium weapon if you decide for it because of the attack speed and block chance. Defensive: Another very good option for a caster imo is "of Winter". It can save your life in case of stun on cast.
Boots - Offensive: attack/cast speed if you have killed and Defensive: regenerates % of your life per second.
Helmet - Offensive: ED dmg/duration or Defensive: effect of Temporal Chains.
So I make a combo of these depending of the stats of my character in the league and the maps/bosses I am going to fight.

2. VLT - it's the same explanation, you gave about the Wither. I use it in boss fights (where possible), breaches, sometimes boxes.

3. I use Flame Dash and Shield Charge in my main setup. There is place for them and I am even using Despair and Rarity as extra gems.
"
Odd_the_king wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

In general I have gotten 1-4 (but still need to improve some here and there).

What item do I use to get a decent 4L helmet, gloves and boots?
Do I buy a rare (that has life, mana and res) and then use Jeweler and Fusion Orbs?
I have found a Chromatic Calculator, but is there a calculator for Fusion Orbs and Jeweler?

Then I buy the Tabula Rasa for 10 chaos and then I got about 39 chaos left.

Any items I should buy? Need som guidens. :)

Ozon

Get yourself the Tabula Rasa with "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems" (~38 chaos right now) and Empower Level 3 (~10 chaos right now) and Witchfire Brew Flask (1 chaos). You need all of them anyway and you already have the currency.

Try to search the market for 4-link rares (helmet and boots) with life and 2 or 3 resists that you need. Should not be expensive so you can get at least all the gems and resists first.

For gloves get yourself the Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves (but that is also written in the guide... ~3 alchs right now). (EDIT: And now I see you already have them.. :D)
Throw a few jewellers on them to get 4 sockets. Use Voricis bench in your hideout to get 4 links. Use Vorici calculator homepage to see how to get the right colours the cheapest way.
Last edited by ooFunky on Jan 8, 2018, 4:28:20 AM
Hello. I'm fairly new to the game, starting his league. I wanted to thank you for your guide. I followed your advice, as well as a few other ED builds.

I got lucky with some drops and am happy with my clear speed and boss killing, working in finishing my Atlas and preparing for Shaper, Red Elder, and Uber Atziri. At this point I only die to not known mechanics, packet loss, or being cocky.
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Do I buy a rare (that has life, mana and res) and then use Jeweler and Fusion Orbs?

Yes. Shouldn't be more than a few Jeweler and Fusion Orbs each.

"
I have found a Chromatic Calculator, but is there a calculator for Fusion Orbs and Jeweler?

Not that I'm aware of. There was a thread on reddit some time ago with some theorycrafting on probabilities to get 5L / 6L. For 4L, it's really straightforward, no need for calculators.

Armorer / Blacksmith to Q20 -> Jeweler -> Fusion -> Chromatics

"
Thalido wrote:
3. I use Flame Dash and Shield Charge in my main setup. There is place for them and I am even using Despair and Rarity as extra gems.

Rarity only works when slaying monsters with the supported spells. You have it linked to Contagion, which is probably not the main killer. However, with the ED spreading mechanics of Contagion, could well be that Contagion counts as the killer.

I'm a bit surprised to not see inc. area linked to Contagion in your setup - I would personally prefer that over Rarity.

Devoto's is a it of an odd choice for this build, you probably took it due to the lab enchant.

Much envy on that +1/+1 Skin.... did you find / vaal it yourself or did you buy it? If the latter, how much was it?

The amulett is also very nice, and the double inc. dam ring :)

Withfire is strange though - you are already running Despair as a skill gem, so there's no need for an additional source of it, is there? I don't think they will stack.
Hey guys,

Pardon the delayed responses, I do my best to keep up!

NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
Bunta126 wrote:
Hey, I'm around Lvl 80 looking at gearing for doing maps that can take me through end game content and comparing Cloak of Defiance with Tabula Rasa with +1 to gems.

The Rasa is much cheaper and adds about 20k DoT DPS to ED but the CoD adds about 1200 evasion plus the extra MoM %, ES & Mana.

Obviously that makes one offensive and the other defensive. Given your experience which do you think is better to use for end game?

Hey,

I personally always opt for any of the available +1 chest pieces as DMG is a main focus to be able to handle end-game content with this build.

"
Renholder wrote:
Currently at lvl 85 and working through maps. Wondering if I could get some input on gear. I know I need to work on my skill gems quality/levels. I have a level 2 empower leveling up on an alt weapon right now.

MoM calculator says im good and survivability isnt too bad. I have a regular Tabula Rasa in the bank that I was using before the Cherrubim's but it isn't a +1. Should I be using that instead?

Using 2 Spreading Rot Jewels and something else atm, would getting the Grand Spectrum Mana jewels be a priority?

Hey,

+1 chest piece is my personal choice even in hardcore with this build tbh.
Your gear is lacking a lot of life rolls and some are rather low imo.

Regarding Grand spec jewels, they should only be a priority if the MoM calculator tells you that you are in need of more unreserved mana.

"
HoiWhale wrote:
Thanks for the build! I'm lv66 and doing a base 8.7k dps with essence drain! really loving it!
If you got some tips for my set-up pls do tell! haha

Spoiler
My gear set-up:

Hey,

Glad it's working out well for you! :)

Winds of Change doesn't help you with the build tbh, change them for Allelopathy to help you vs bosses and/or vaal totems and/or "nearby allies cannot die" modded rares.

The boots gota go for some proper life providing/movement speed & resistance boots!

"
Hamude wrote:

It literally makes the enemies take a lot more damage, so vs bosses it is extremely important.

"
RussianFanboy wrote:

This is perfect, sending you a PM!

"
kizzderose wrote:
"
Hamude wrote:

During normal clearing it would take too much time to also cast Wither everytime, also it only effects one monster at a time so it's useless, but during single fights like bosses etc it's a nice boost.

I have a few little questions myself:

1. Just doing some Merc Lab runs for enchants (no uber lab yet), what do you think are the best ones?
I'd say for gloves: "of Blade" because it scales with Projectile and Spell Damage or "of Frost" because it scales with Spell Damage and is Nova/AoE and it slows.
On the other hand i just got "of Inferno" and it seems pretty nice, too.
Boots probably Attack/Cast Speed or at least Movement Speed?
Helm ED-Damage, if i'm ever that lucky to get it?

2. I read a few posts before about Vaal Ligthning Trap to be cast by yourself. I also didn't know that CWDT doesn't cast it and already wondered about it a few times :D
Since i have enough to do to cast the other spells i would want something passive in there, what do you think about Tempest Shield for a bit more block and lightning damage?

3. How do you guys handle your movement skills? So far i have Whirling Blades in my dagger and i love the skill because it's really fast, expecially with frenzy charges. On the other hand Lightning Warp or Leap Slam is pretty good for cliffs etc, so i have LW in my 2nd weapon setup. Problem is, my auras are in my shield so when i swap the auras are off. It's a bit annoying.
How do you handle it? I was thinking of maybe getting a ring with a socket and put Leap Slam in there. It wouldn't need any support gems because i only need it rarely.

As always thanks for helping out, this community is really the greatest! ;)

Hey,

Wither is AoE based though so you can hit multiple targets with it, but yes it shouldn't be needed until you reach a boss!

1) The gloves are literally w/e imo, Boots is movement speed/atk/cast speed to increase clear speed.

2) Tempest Shield is absolutely functional, Vortex or Arctic Breath are other options to generate another slow effect but I'd probably go for Tempest Shield myself if I didn't keep VLT.

3) I personally prefer Shield Charge over the other options. Comes down to a matter of taste really, you could use Flame Dash for those pesky hill situations.

Appreciate it bro, thank you :)

"
shinylikeyou wrote:
Hi noob here
How much should i have to each attribute?

Hey,

Well it's stated in the PoB link!

Strength: 111
Dexterity: 120
Intelligence: 155

"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi. This is mye first time POE character and I am now a lv79 Trickster doing tier 5 maps.

Before I started mapping I bought several items for 1chaos. Now I got 44 chaos orbs to use and need some new items to keep the speed and progress up.

Cap:
I have gotten: Goldrim (3L). Should I buy a 4L for Cast When Damage Taken? With life and resistance? Can find it for 4-10 chaos.

Boots:
My boots needs to change, should I buyWanderlust with a 4L so mye wither get a 4L? Cost: 5 chaos

Shield:
I have gotten: Rathpith Globe

Dagger: Should I get a new one?

Armour:
I can see that Tabula Rasa is at 10/11 chaos, should I buy that item now?

Gloves:
I also got Allelopathy, but its 3L. 4L cost 10 chaos, should I buy or craft so my Contagion get a 4L?

Rings (need at least one new), amulet, flask etc, what should I get there? Life, Resistances and Mana? How much chaos should I buy for?

What should I go for and how much of my 44 Chaos orb should I use?

Ozon

Hey,

Welcome in bro!

I think you should buy the Tabula Rasa first it's a very solid starter piece and will last you all the way till you get everything else sorted to then later upgrade it to a +1 corrupted piece.

Allelopathy is very important for the build so that should be the next step, though you can purchase a lower linked one and simply use Orb of Jewellers on it to get 4sockets and then link it yourself with Orb of Fusing, I have a very good craft guide for beginners in my youtube channel www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV.

"
Vanadium81 wrote:
Just want to thank you for the build It's very different from previous builds i have played.

I wanted to add some observations from a lvl 90 who is still clearing the atlas and figuring things out.

I have a 21/20 essence drain ... and an empower lvl 3 ... and a pierce gem
this is really important for people who are struggling. Pierce makes this build waaaaay easier to play !!!! I can't stress this enough. empower is better for sure ... but pierce makes things so much easier ... so much. what do is swap empower in for bosses ... that's it ... with a tabula
this takes 2 seconds and only takes 1 inventory space. It is about 20 times more likely you will die to a swarm from an abyss/breach without pierce equipped unless you are really good. because if you somehow don't manage to contagion the 1 mob you kill wih ED ... your toast.

Please anyone struggling listen to me lol.

Hey,

It's a matter of taste, the Allelopathy gloves are there to sort the possible issues of "nearby allies cannot die" modded rares and/or Vaal Totems. Outside of that you always need to first cast Contagion then ED, then it doesn't matter what you hit with the ED as everything will have the ED debuff on them.

"
Garyas wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi. This is mye first time POE character and I am now a lv79 Trickster doing tier 5 maps.

Before I started mapping I bought several items for 1chaos. Now I got 44 chaos orbs to use and need some new items to keep the speed and progress up.

Cap:
I have gotten: Goldrim (3L). Should I buy a 4L for Cast When Damage Taken? With life and resistance? Can find it for 4-10 chaos.

Boots:
My boots needs to change, should I buyWanderlust with a 4L so mye wither get a 4L? Cost: 5 chaos

Shield:
I have gotten: Rathpith Globe

Dagger: Should I get a new one?

Armour:
I can see that Tabula Rasa is at 10/11 chaos, should I buy that item now?

Gloves:
I also got Allelopathy, but its 3L. 4L cost 10 chaos, should I buy or craft so my Contagion get a 4L?

Rings (need at least one new), amulet, flask etc, what should I get there? Life, Resistances and Mana? How much chaos should I buy for?

What should I go for and how much of my 44 Chaos orb should I use?

Ozon

In general, you should look for items with
1. Elemental Resistances (until capped, you might want to overcap, but that's not really required and more QoL to handle Ele Weakness maps)
2. Life
3. Mana
4. Increased (spell / chaos / damage over time) damage

No. 4 is generally only available on weapon, shield, rings, amulett

You may need to add a few Str or Dex rolls to some of your items, to be able to use all of your gems at high gem-levels.

Getting 4L on helmet, gloves, boots is pretty easy, no need to buy new items. Just spend a few Jeweler and Fusion Orbs. Increase quality to 20 before, it helps getting higher number of sockets and links. 6L for chest (or 2H weapon) is a different story though. You might indeed be cheaper off buying it.

Goldrim and Wanderlust are good starter items, but you should replace them with something better. Rares are most probably the way to go here.

Thank you @Garyas for helping out as usual <3

"
evedgebah wrote:
Hello. I'm fairly new to the game, starting his league. I wanted to thank you for your guide. I followed your advice, as well as a few other ED builds.

I got lucky with some drops and am happy with my clear speed and boss killing, working in finishing my Atlas and preparing for Shaper, Red Elder, and Uber Atziri. At this point I only die to not known mechanics, packet loss, or being cocky.

Sounds very good bro, thank you and I'm very happy the build is pleasing! :)

-----------------------------

@Odd_the_king & @Garyas:

Thank you for helping out as usual Garyas, and Odd, if you need any more help just keep firing questions in here we'll do our best to get you on the right track! :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hello, noob here so pardon my mistakes. I would have a couple of questions:
1. How do you deal with exploding porcupines? Is it just the Immortal call?
2. Any idea where should i start with my gear improvement? This is my first character in this league so i have currently no money, but working on it and would appreciate and advice towards gearing priority regarding my char
3. How do you deal with "Players cannot regenerate health/mana/ES" map mod? just a mana flask? I had quite hard time dealing with it even with a flask though

Thank you for any kind of response! Btw very happy with this build so far, it has been performing extraordinarily so thank you for this guide :) Gl and have fun.
"
Klat1k wrote:
Hello, noob here so pardon my mistakes. I would have a couple of questions:
1. How do you deal with exploding porcupines? Is it just the Immortal call?
2. Any idea where should i start with my gear improvement? This is my first character in this league so i have currently no money, but working on it and would appreciate and advice towards gearing priority regarding my char
3. How do you deal with "Players cannot regenerate health/mana/ES" map mod? just a mana flask? I had quite hard time dealing with it even with a flask though

Thank you for any kind of response! Btw very happy with this build so far, it has been performing extraordinarily so thank you for this guide :) Gl and have fun.

Hey,

Never apologize for asking questions to me, ever.

1) Immortal Call is keeping you safe in those situations, aye.

2) Looking at your character it looks really good for being your first character! Make sure you keep a good check in your resistances to reach the cap, everything else will be focused in getting your life sorted :) For example, your rings have non or next no life on them at all!

3) This build cannot do that map mod, so avoid them and/or reroll the map :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
ooFunky wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

In general I have gotten 1-4 (but still need to improve some here and there).

Then I buy the Tabula Rasa for 10 chaos and then I got about 39 chaos left.

Any items I should buy? Need som guidens. :)

Ozon

Get yourself the Tabula Rasa with "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems" (~38 chaos right now) and Empower Level 3 (~10 chaos right now) and Witchfire Brew Flask (1 chaos). You need all of them anyway and you already have the currency.

Try to search the market for 4-link rares (helmet and boots) with life and 2 or 3 resists that you need. Should not be expensive so you can get at least all the gems and resists first.

For gloves get yourself the Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves (but that is also written in the guide... ~3 alchs right now). (EDIT: And now I see you already have them.. :D)
Throw a few jewellers on them to get 4 sockets. Use Voricis bench in your hideout to get 4 links. Use Vorici calculator homepage to see how to get the right colours the cheapest way.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Hey,

Welcome in bro!

I think you should buy the Tabula Rasa first it's a very solid starter piece and will last you all the way till you get everything else sorted to then later upgrade it to a +1 corrupted piece.

Allelopathy is very important for the build so that should be the next step, though you can purchase a lower linked one and simply use Orb of Jewellers on it to get 4sockets and then link it yourself with Orb of Fusing, I have a very good craft guide for beginners in my youtube channel www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV.

Thanks both of you. But now I dont know if I should get Tabula Rasa with "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems" or not. ;)

But I got the guidens I needed. I can take care of the buying and crafting. If its not perfect it will be good.
Ozon

Last edited by Odd_the_king on Jan 8, 2018, 12:42:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info