GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hi.

Got my 4 link on Allelopathy. :)

"- Contagion, Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect, Arcane Surge
Make sure to read the Arcane Surge gem so that you know what lvl of gem will work with your current gem lvls!"

The gem reads:
"Gain Arcane Surge when you spend (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills"

My Contagion with support skills (all 3 of them) do 308 DPS and cost 49 mana.

Is it correct that my contagion can only go to max level 8? Then Mana to Gain
Arcane Surge is at 41 and I use 49.

Is there somethink else I should think about? I read in the forum that Gazzy wrote:
"Immortal Call doesn't matter either as long as it's not too high for your CWDT to trigger."
What does it mean?

Ozon
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

Make sure to read the Arcane Surge gem so that you know what lvl of gem will work with your current gem lvls!"

The gem reads:

Is there somethink else I should think about? I read in the forum that Gazzy wrote:
"Immortal Call doesn't matter either as long as it's not too high for your CWDT to trigger."
What does it mean?

Ozon

Arcane surge you only want to level up so that each cast of Contagion triggers it. The description you grabbed lists the range of mana from lvl 1 - 20 of the gem. You want to check the actual gem itself to see what it can support. I left mine at lvl 8 for right now which triggers every time I use 41 mana for a spell thus proccing each time I cast Contagion(shame it doesnt cost a bit more mana :) .)

As far as CWDT/Immortal call is concerned you need to balance the gem levels because you want it proccing the most consistently to avoid taking huge damage spikes which with MoM and your high mana pool gives you a major eHP(effective HP) pool to soak up damage spikes. Most people do Immortal Call to 5 and CWDT to 3.
"
Renholder wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

The gem reads:

What does it mean?

Ozon

Arcane surge you only want to level up so that each cast of Contagion triggers it. The description you grabbed lists the range of mana from lvl 1 - 20 of the gem. You want to check the actual gem itself to see what it can support. I left mine at lvl 8 for right now which triggers every time I use 41 mana for a spell thus proccing each time I cast Contagion(shame it doesnt cost a bit more mana :) .)

As far as CWDT/Immortal call is concerned you need to balance the gem levels because you want it proccing the most consistently to avoid taking huge damage spikes which with MoM and your high mana pool gives you a major eHP(effective HP) pool to soak up damage spikes. Most people do Immortal Call to 5 and CWDT to 3.

Sorry, I forgot to edit. I got one level 5 and one level 9 on my Arcane Surge
On my level 5 i says: "Gain Arcane Surge when you spend 22 Mana with Supported Skills"

Is it correct that I can safely level it to 8?

This is my first time I played PoE, my CWDT and immortal call is at level 17. BUT IT SHOULD BE LEVEL 5 and 3??

Now I read:
"Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of 2621 Damage" <--- thats a lot? :)
Do I also have to read all my gems now?

GAZZY, you did warn me about Arcane Surge, can you edit the guide for other new players to warn about
the level of CWDT and immortal call?

Now I wondering what else I dont use correct.

Ozon.
Last edited by Odd_the_king on Jan 8, 2018, 1:34:20 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
RussianFanboy wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, I could hook you up with some gameplay footage if you are interested. Currently fully geared with pretty much all of your core items at the moment, running 100k chaos damage per second with my Essence Drain in my hideout. If you are interested, do tell me some of the footages you are looking for, I can hit you up with some within the next few days. This is my gear at the moment with a Level 4 Empower and Level 21 Essence Drain. My IGN in Abyss League is KimMiJo.

This is perfect, sending you a PM!

Glad you liked it! Just PM-ed you with a reply!
I am not Russian.
Hello. Which chest would be the best to get? Cloak or skin +1/+2 skills?
Last edited by _Nektre_ on Jan 8, 2018, 6:29:30 PM
edit: logged on wrong char
Last edited by DanO1960 on Jan 8, 2018, 9:13:55 PM
Finally my first Character to 80. And the funnest too thx to this build , coulda been alot quicker but I work full time and playtime isnt more than a few hrs a day so again for the build!

On another note..Stil need some more currency to get the job done on the gear but its coming, I have the Slink boots all set up and can run them but I have to choose movement speed vs resistances. So I am running w/o right now. Resistance gear has gone way up in the last week or so..lol I saw some rings today that arent even that great for 30 plus c. Balancing act getting resistances up w/o losing life/ attributes.

Thanks again having a great time!
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
"
Renholder wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

The gem reads:

What does it mean?

Ozon

Sorry, I forgot to edit. I got one level 5 and one level 9 on my Arcane Surge
On my level 5 i says: "Gain Arcane Surge when you spend 22 Mana with Supported Skills"

Is it correct that I can safely level it to 8?

This is my first time I played PoE, my CWDT and immortal call is at level 17. BUT IT SHOULD BE LEVEL 5 and 3??

Now I read:
"Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of 2621 Damage" <--- thats a lot? :)
Do I also have to read all my gems now?

GAZZY, you did warn me about Arcane Surge, can you edit the guide for other new players to warn about
the level of CWDT and immortal call?

Now I wondering what else I dont use correct.

Ozon.

The good thing is you can just go buy a new IC and CWDT gem and get them to 3/5 in no time.

As for the arcane surge, mouse over the tooltip/icon for Contagion on your skills and look at the mana cost. As long as you keep the mana cost of Contagion above the threshold for your Arcane Surge gem you can trigger Arcane Surge on every cast of Contagion.

Look here https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Surge_Support to check the levels of the gem and their mana reqs.
can you advice any weapon for mid-end game? i was thinking to buy Innsbury Edge Elder Sword its cheap gives phys to chaos conv and chaos dmg leech. do you think its a good choice?
"
FrostChaser wrote:
can you advice any weapon for mid-end game? i was thinking to buy Innsbury Edge Elder Sword its cheap gives phys to chaos conv and chaos dmg leech. do you think its a good choice?

This is good and cheap until you can afford the Breath of the Council:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info