GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hi Ghazzy, I could hook you up with some gameplay footage if you are interested. Currently fully geared with pretty much all of your core items at the moment, running 100k chaos damage per second with my Essence Drain in my hideout. If you are interested, do tell me some of the footages you are looking for, I can hit you up with some within the next few days. This is my gear at the moment with a Level 4 Empower and Level 21 Essence Drain. My IGN in Abyss League is KimMiJo.

I am not Russian.
Last edited by RussianFanboy on Jan 7, 2018, 12:09:59 PM
"
Hamude wrote:
How important is it to use wither?

During normal clearing it would take too much time to also cast Wither everytime, also it only effects one monster at a time so it's useless, but during single fights like bosses etc it's a nice boost.

I have a few little questions myself:

1. Just doing some Merc Lab runs for enchants (no uber lab yet), what do you think are the best ones?
I'd say for gloves: "of Blade" because it scales with Projectile and Spell Damage or "of Frost" because it scales with Spell Damage and is Nova/AoE and it slows.
On the other hand i just got "of Inferno" and it seems pretty nice, too.
Boots probably Attack/Cast Speed or at least Movement Speed?
Helm ED-Damage, if i'm ever that lucky to get it?

2. I read a few posts before about Vaal Ligthning Trap to be cast by yourself. I also didn't know that CWDT doesn't cast it and already wondered about it a few times :D
Since i have enough to do to cast the other spells i would want something passive in there, what do you think about Tempest Shield for a bit more block and lightning damage?

3. How do you guys handle your movement skills? So far i have Whirling Blades in my dagger and i love the skill because it's really fast, expecially with frenzy charges. On the other hand Lightning Warp or Leap Slam is pretty good for cliffs etc, so i have LW in my 2nd weapon setup. Problem is, my auras are in my shield so when i swap the auras are off. It's a bit annoying.
How do you handle it? I was thinking of maybe getting a ring with a socket and put Leap Slam in there. It wouldn't need any support gems because i only need it rarely.

As always thanks for helping out, this community is really the greatest! ;)
"
kizzderose wrote:
"
Hamude wrote:

During normal clearing it would take too much time to also cast Wither everytime, also it only effects one monster at a time so it's useless, but during single fights like bosses etc it's a nice boost.

Agreed that Wither isn't required as you're clearing maps but it's AoE, not single target (correct me if I'm wrong). It's beneficial not only for the bosses but it also can distract mobs as they attack your totem instead of you. I'd say it's a fairly big part of this build.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
kizzderose wrote:
"
Hamude wrote:

Agreed that Wither isn't required as you're clearing maps but it's AoE, not single target (correct me if I'm wrong). It's beneficial not only for the bosses but it also can distract mobs as they attack your totem instead of you. I'd say it's a fairly big part of this build.

I agree with the distraction-part, this can be useful sometimes.
But i didn't know that it's AoE.
Hi noob here
How much should i have to each attribute?
Hi. This is mye first time POE character and I am now a lv79 Trickster doing tier 5 maps.

Before I started mapping I bought several items for 1chaos. Now I got 44 chaos orbs to use and need some new items to keep the speed and progress up.

Cap:
I have gotten: Goldrim (3L). Should I buy a 4L for Cast When Damage Taken? With life and resistance? Can find it for 4-10 chaos.

Boots:
My boots needs to change, should I buyWanderlust with a 4L so mye wither get a 4L? Cost: 5 chaos

Shield:
I have gotten: Rathpith Globe

Dagger: Should I get a new one?

Armour:
I can see that Tabula Rasa is at 10/11 chaos, should I buy that item now?

Gloves:
I also got Allelopathy, but its 3L. 4L cost 10 chaos, should I buy or craft so my Contagion get a 4L?

Rings (need at least one new), amulet, flask etc, what should I get there? Life, Resistances and Mana? How much chaos should I buy for?

What should I go for and how much of my 44 Chaos orb should I use?

Ozon
Just want to thank you for the build It's very different from previous builds i have played.

I wanted to add some observations from a lvl 90 who is still clearing the atlas and figuring things out.

I have a 21/20 essence drain ... and an empower lvl 3 ... and a pierce gem
this is really important for people who are struggling. Pierce makes this build waaaaay easier to play !!!! I can't stress this enough. empower is better for sure ... but pierce makes things so much easier ... so much. what do is swap empower in for bosses ... that's it ... with a tabula
this takes 2 seconds and only takes 1 inventory space. It is about 20 times more likely you will die to a swarm from an abyss/breach without pierce equipped unless you are really good. because if you somehow don't manage to contagion the 1 mob you kill wih ED ... your toast.

Please anyone struggling listen to me lol.
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi. This is mye first time POE character and I am now a lv79 Trickster doing tier 5 maps.

Before I started mapping I bought several items for 1chaos. Now I got 44 chaos orbs to use and need some new items to keep the speed and progress up.

Cap:
I have gotten: Goldrim (3L). Should I buy a 4L for Cast When Damage Taken? With life and resistance? Can find it for 4-10 chaos.

Boots:
My boots needs to change, should I buyWanderlust with a 4L so mye wither get a 4L? Cost: 5 chaos

Shield:

Armour:

Gloves:
I also got Allelopathy, but its 3L. 4L cost 10 chaos, should I buy or craft so my Contagion get a 4L?

Rings (need at least one new), amulet, flask etc, what should I get there? Life, Resistances and Mana? How much chaos should I buy for?

Ozon

In general, you should look for items with
1. Elemental Resistances (until capped, you might want to overcap, but that's not really required and more QoL to handle Ele Weakness maps)
2. Life
3. Mana
4. Increased (spell / chaos / damage over time) damage

No. 4 is generally only available on weapon, shield, rings, amulett

You may need to add a few Str or Dex rolls to some of your items, to be able to use all of your gems at high gem-levels.

Getting 4L on helmet, gloves, boots is pretty easy, no need to buy new items. Just spend a few Jeweler and Fusion Orbs. Increase quality to 20 before, it helps getting higher number of sockets and links. 6L for chest (or 2H weapon) is a different story though. You might indeed be cheaper off buying it.

Goldrim and Wanderlust are good starter items, but you should replace them with something better. Rares are most probably the way to go here.
"
kizzderose wrote:
3. How do you guys handle your movement skills? So far i have Whirling Blades in my dagger and i love the skill because it's really fast, expecially with frenzy charges. On the other hand Lightning Warp or Leap Slam is pretty good for cliffs etc, so i have LW in my 2nd weapon setup. Problem is, my auras are in my shield so when i swap the auras are off. It's a bit annoying.
How do you handle it? I was thinking of maybe getting a ring with a socket and put Leap Slam in there. It wouldn't need any support gems because i only need it rarely.

As always thanks for helping out, this community is really the greatest! ;)

I like Shield Charge. Similar to you, I use a Flame Dash on my 2nd Weapon set. I have my curse on my armor, so I don't loose it when swapping. I also don't run Clarity. When I did last league, I actually had another curse / clarity setup in my 2nd weapon slot.

On the other hand, I use FD very rarely (mainly for cliffs if the detour would be really long), so I'm considering dropping it altogether.
"
Garyas wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:

Cap:

Boots:

Shield:

Armour:

Gloves:

Ozon

In general, you should look for items with
1. Elemental Resistances (until capped, you might want to overcap, but that's not really required and more QoL to handle Ele Weakness maps)
2. Life
3. Mana
4. Increased (spell / chaos / damage over time) damage

No. 4 is generally only available on weapon, shield, rings, amulett

You may need to add a few Str or Dex rolls to some of your items, to be able to use all of your gems at high gem-levels.

Getting 4L on helmet, gloves, boots is pretty easy, no need to buy new items. Just spend a few Jeweler and Fusion Orbs. Increase quality to 20 before, it helps getting higher number of sockets and links. 6L for chest (or 2H weapon) is a different story though. You might indeed be cheaper off buying it.

Goldrim and Wanderlust are good starter items, but you should replace them with something better. Rares are most probably the way to go here.

Thanks for the reply.

In general I have gotten 1-4 (but still need to improve some here and there).

What item do I use to get a decent 4L helmet, gloves and boots?
Do I buy a rare (that has life, mana and res) and then use Jeweler and Fusion Orbs?
I have found a Chromatic Calculator, but is there a calculator for Fusion Orbs and Jeweler?

Then I buy the Tabula Rasa for 10 chaos and then I got about 39 chaos left.

Any items I should buy? Need som guidens. :)

Ozon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info