GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Any advice on what i should change or sth?
Last edited by Hamude on Jan 5, 2018, 8:29:57 AM
NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
Hamude wrote:

Hey,

I'm personally not a big fan of the boots, but other than that the gear looks solid to me :)

"
Clayne wrote:
Quick reply, thanks man :)

Yea, I'm running Enfeeble with Blasphemy. Only having "problems" against no life/mana reg, or big packs with Physical Damage return (thanks to the helmet FeelsBadMan)
My gear:

What do you think about this, until i get higher Level obviously I can put back points into them.
Dropping:

1x Frenzy Duration & +1 max. Frenzy Charges (alternatively 2x 8% max. Mana, left from the Scion Start)
2x 8% Increased Area of Effect
3x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Jewel Slot

But gaining:

5x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Curse Duration
1x Curse Cast Speed
1x Whispers of Doom

That's how it would look,
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAAPuBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxg8GGoc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTlSOlg64Ty2QYdFR0WdSU9JUUmxTeNTUlVLVcZYB1xAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl0VXWedoJ8g3_GgLOCx4PbhTKHy48aj0aP-pFHkyeVLpctmuCboZ2qoS-iAKLZo6OmV6cIp5usmLDYsnC0DLTRtUi3MLc-uJO8qrzqvSe-isBmyAzIFMrTy73PFdfP2L3aO-aB62Pr7u-I8B_w1fJF9W_31_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

compared to my previous skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uPGo_6kUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCdqqEvogCi2aOjpcumV6ebsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J76KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

I do what I can!

Honestly, it will come down to a matter of personal taste & playstyle which nodes you decide to change out for the WoD. Though I liked your suggestion.

"
Jadefalkner wrote:
What do you think of this thing? This should boost the damage a bit and you can run despair for free.

And you'd gain a flask slot, it's a matter of taste really I think it's alright :)

"
ggikas wrote:
Noob here, quick question...

Immortal Call in the guide is linked with Vaal Lightning Trap, however I don't think I've seen it once proc for me (the trap I mean) - Then I read CWDT again and said it doesn't support vaal so now im extra confused lol. Any feedback on this? Thanks!

Hey,

Don't worry about asking questions bro :)

Vaal spells cannot be triggered, it's suppose to be self-cast!

"

In regards to the chest, out of curiousity, why then recommend the CoD over a rare/Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe or am I missing something?

Le heup: I don't like it either, but it was cheap and I couldn't find another good ring yet. And not far enough in mapping yet that I need resists above 75.

Hey,

Some people prefer to be tankier for hardcore specifically, and we've had a lot of people confirming being able to run all content without a +1 chest. It comes down to a matter of taste, I really prefer the +1's due to how cheap they are as well and ultimately this guide was designed to be the perfect leaguestarter, cheap & effective.

"
Garyas wrote:
I'm always surprised again to see how big a damage boost Empower 3 is. My ED DoT dps jumped from 42k to 60k, by replacing Decay with Emp 3. Yes, I do loose the single target Decay damage.

Empower is stupidly strong for most spell builds and most minion builds :)

"
tanadelsuono wrote:
Hello,

Can someone answer my question please:

I'm using a lot of abyss eye jewels that have 2 x add chaos damage + 10~15% increased damage while holding a shield (even on my 2 socketed unique belt). Is it a good idea ? do I better stick to the tutorial ?

Hey,

The guide is designed for "every" league which is why I'm not changing all my guides for each specific league, I think the Abyssal Jewels are very strong in this specific case :)

"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Tunderaxy wrote:
Hey! Wanted to say thanks for the build! I had a question though.

Sitting at lvl 78 right now, gear pretty standard -

This is, aside from a sunder dude I made when Oriath was released, my highest character ever so I'm not an expert. My question is this: My ED dps seems super low. Sitting at 6500ish on the skill itself. I have followed the passive tree to a T so I know that's all right. Is it something to do with my gear?

2 things. 1, your gem levels for your Essence Drain setup are all low. So there's that. You also don't have empower 3+ which is recommended for extra damage. 2) You pretty much need to ignore the tooltip dps. That only tells you what the initial hit of the essence drain projectile is. It doesn't represent the DOT damage.

This ^^^

Though, the ED tooltip is correct actually but you have to hover over your ability and read the mod list and find the "DoT" one, the normal place you look is only for the initial hit as you say :)

"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:
I'm using a lot of abyss eye jewels that have 2 x add chaos damage + 10~15% increased damage while holding a shield (even on my 2 socketed unique belt). Is it a good idea ? do I better stick to the tutorial ?

The added chaos damage doesn't help, the increased dam while holding a shield does.

(Offensive) Stats to look for on jewels are:
- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage
- increased damage over time
- increased spell damage while holding a shield
- increased damage over time while holding a shield

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"
Tsunderon wrote:
Breath of the Council is much better than royal skean? It's boost dps as well?

Without a doubt.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Jan 5, 2018, 11:18:16 AM
"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:

The added chaos damage doesn't help, the increased dam while holding a shield does.

- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage

Thank's a lot man. Cheers, happy new Year !
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
tanadelsuono wrote:
Hello,

Hey,

The guide is designed for "every" league which is why I'm not changing all my guides for each specific league, I think the Abyssal Jewels are very strong in this specific case :)

"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:

- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"
tanadelsuono wrote:
"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:

- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage

Happy new year to you as well.

By the way:
1) The first 5 can roll only on "normal" jewels (not 100% sure on all stats, but pretty much).
2) The last one can only roll on the new Abyss jewels.

What I typically do is to look for jewels with 3 out of the 5 first in total. Sometime I add %increased life or %increased mana as additional options.

There's another stat which you may want to add to your search, which is "increased damage if you have killed recently". This one is only available on the Abyssal jewels and I personally rank it somewhat lower than the others (as it will not be up for bosses, except for during / immediately after add phases).
Hey, I'm around Lvl 80 looking at gearing for doing maps that can take me through end game content and comparing Cloak of Defiance with Tabula Rasa with +1 to gems.

The Rasa is much cheaper and adds about 20k DoT DPS to ED but the CoD adds about 1200 evasion plus the extra MoM %, ES & Mana.

Obviously that makes one offensive and the other defensive. Given your experience which do you think is better to use for end game?
Currently at lvl 85 and working through maps. Wondering if I could get some input on gear. I know I need to work on my skill gems quality/levels. I have a level 2 empower leveling up on an alt weapon right now.

MoM calculator says im good and survivability isnt too bad. I have a regular Tabula Rasa in the bank that I was using before the Cherrubim's but it isn't a +1. Should I be using that instead?

Using 2 Spreading Rot Jewels and something else atm, would getting the Grand Spectrum Mana jewels be a priority?
Last edited by Renholder on Jan 6, 2018, 1:51:11 AM
Thanks for the build! I'm lv66 and doing a base 8.7k dps with essence drain! really loving it!
If you got some tips for my set-up pls do tell! haha

Spoiler
My gear set-up:

Im currently lv 67, doing 9.7k base DPS with essence drain :) with this gear setup:

Spoiler

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HoiWhale/screenshots/?appid=0

"
Ghazzy wrote:
NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
Hamude wrote:

Hey,

I'm personally not a big fan of the boots, but other than that the gear looks solid to me :)

"
Clayne wrote:
Quick reply, thanks man :)

Yea, I'm running Enfeeble with Blasphemy. Only having "problems" against no life/mana reg, or big packs with Physical Damage return (thanks to the helmet FeelsBadMan)
My gear:

What do you think about this, until i get higher Level obviously I can put back points into them.
Dropping:

1x Frenzy Duration & +1 max. Frenzy Charges (alternatively 2x 8% max. Mana, left from the Scion Start)
2x 8% Increased Area of Effect
3x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Jewel Slot

But gaining:

5x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Curse Duration
1x Curse Cast Speed
1x Whispers of Doom

That's how it would look,
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAAPuBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxg8GGoc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTlSOlg64Ty2QYdFR0WdSU9JUUmxTeNTUlVLVcZYB1xAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl0VXWedoJ8g3_GgLOCx4PbhTKHy48aj0aP-pFHkyeVLpctmuCboZ2qoS-iAKLZo6OmV6cIp5usmLDYsnC0DLTRtUi3MLc-uJO8qrzqvSe-isBmyAzIFMrTy73PFdfP2L3aO-aB62Pr7u-I8B_w1fJF9W_31_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

compared to my previous skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uPGo_6kUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCdqqEvogCi2aOjpcumV6ebsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J76KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

I do what I can!

Honestly, it will come down to a matter of personal taste & playstyle which nodes you decide to change out for the WoD. Though I liked your suggestion.

"
Jadefalkner wrote:
What do you think of this thing? This should boost the damage a bit and you can run despair for free.

And you'd gain a flask slot, it's a matter of taste really I think it's alright :)

"
ggikas wrote:
Noob here, quick question...

Immortal Call in the guide is linked with Vaal Lightning Trap, however I don't think I've seen it once proc for me (the trap I mean) - Then I read CWDT again and said it doesn't support vaal so now im extra confused lol. Any feedback on this? Thanks!

Hey,

Don't worry about asking questions bro :)

Vaal spells cannot be triggered, it's suppose to be self-cast!

"

In regards to the chest, out of curiousity, why then recommend the CoD over a rare/Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe or am I missing something?

Le heup: I don't like it either, but it was cheap and I couldn't find another good ring yet. And not far enough in mapping yet that I need resists above 75.

Hey,

Some people prefer to be tankier for hardcore specifically, and we've had a lot of people confirming being able to run all content without a +1 chest. It comes down to a matter of taste, I really prefer the +1's due to how cheap they are as well and ultimately this guide was designed to be the perfect leaguestarter, cheap & effective.

"
Garyas wrote:
I'm always surprised again to see how big a damage boost Empower 3 is. My ED DoT dps jumped from 42k to 60k, by replacing Decay with Emp 3. Yes, I do loose the single target Decay damage.

Empower is stupidly strong for most spell builds and most minion builds :)

"
tanadelsuono wrote:
Hello,

Hey,

"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Tunderaxy wrote:
Hey! Wanted to say thanks for the build! I had a question though.

Sitting at lvl 78 right now, gear pretty standard -

This is, aside from a sunder dude I made when Oriath was released, my highest character ever so I'm not an expert. My question is this: My ED dps seems super low. Sitting at 6500ish on the skill itself. I have followed the passive tree to a T so I know that's all right. Is it something to do with my gear?

2 things. 1, your gem levels for your Essence Drain setup are all low. So there's that. You also don't have empower 3+ which is recommended for extra damage. 2) You pretty much need to ignore the tooltip dps. That only tells you what the initial hit of the essence drain projectile is. It doesn't represent the DOT damage.

This ^^^

Though, the ED tooltip is correct actually but you have to hover over your ability and read the mod list and find the "DoT" one, the normal place you look is only for the initial hit as you say :)

"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:

- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"
Tsunderon wrote:
Breath of the Council is much better than royal skean? It's boost dps as well?

Without a doubt.
How important is it to use wither?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info