GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
kizzderose wrote:
Thanks for the guide, it's really fun to play!

I have a quick question about the Grand Spectrum jewels:
Why are they so good? I understand mana is important because of MoM, but these jewels are expensive and give only 90 mana if you have 3 of them.
Do i miss something?

Hey,

My pleasure bro, glad you like it!

The flat mana provided scales with all the increased mana modifiers, as well as being 30 mana per jewel so it's 90 mana multiplied by 3 which is 270 when you have all 3 jewels.

You could get high flat mana providing abyssal jewels to make it cheaper but it will also provide a bit less mana.

"
Badtwo wrote:
Hi..I am up to 76 and soon will head up to the node with Whispers of Doom. Pleading ignorance, can someone explain to me the 1 extra curse thing? It's a bit confusing.

Also really appreciate this build..most fun I have had by far in this game which is why I subbed to your Twitch stream. ( Agonydpo ) Appreciate all the info I can gather there!

On another note sort of off topic...Vorici. That bastard will not show up for a week on maps..all the others have 4-5 times lol. I need 1/3 of a level on him to be able to finish coloring my boots! :)

If anyone sees him..tell him he is an ahole..lol

What @Kizzderose wrote! :)

Blasphemy Enfeeble (or TC if you prefer) + Witchfire Brew flask.

"
ThunderBiome wrote:
Noobs like myself ought to know better when you have a long list of gemsets that each one is OPTIONAL based on the amount not adding up to what is possible for most builds following Mind Over Matter Essence Drain.

Also, I have to thank you, Ghazzy, for creating a build for literal noobs to have more options with inability to get the perfect replica of every unique and skillgem coordination.

Don't sell yourself out short bro! Everyone is a beginner at some point :)

Thank you <3 very happy that you enjoy the guide!

"
Badtwo wrote:
I am wondering if at my level , mid 70's i may have gone to the uniques too soon. Too much life and res loss..I may go back to some rares for a bit. My dps is great but more than a few packs of mobs at one time in maps and im dead. I have to be real careful and map slowly one mob at a time..lol
Nearing the end of the tree I am wondering where the extra life is going to come from..

Prioritising having capped resistances then Life THEN dmg is very important in PoE with pretty much any build!
Taking a quick look at your gear I see that you have 0 life on your amulet, 1 of your rings whilst the other ring has a very low life roll. Your helmet barely has any life as well, and your belt is rather low on HP as well.

"
Met4morphosis wrote:
Really loving this build right now. Think I'm going to have some difficulties with bosses later on, but for map clearing it's lot of fun at level 78 right now.

Glad you like it! :)

Bosses later on will require more investment as noted in the guide but can be changed around to handle end-game bosses easier if you so wish though it is not the designs purpose.

"
Nogenius wrote:
"
dnates2014 wrote:
Hello, can I get some tips as to what I should focus on upgrading? What's the best investment I can make for my current setup?

Not sure about the next upgrade but your Arcane Surge Support gem is too high of a level.
Right now, it's not even working as you have to spend at least 345 mana when Contagion is like only a 30 mana cost spell.

This ^^^

And getting higher life rolls on your helmet & boots to start with.

"
nox_e wrote:
Hello,can you please give me some advices on what to upgrade next ?

Passive tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBAcEswceCPQOSA-rES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoc3B2-IvQkiyaIJpUo-isKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUkTSU9JUUmxTLNN41KvU1JVS1WFVcZauVxAXfJfKmHiZ_xqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnyDf8aAs4LHg9uExYUyh8uJ4IsOjxqP-pFHkx-TJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCboZu1naqiAKLZpcumV6ebrJiw2LTRtUi3MLc-uJO7TbyqvOrAZsM6yAzIFM8V18_Yvdo73V_mWOtj6-Tr7u-I8NXyRfVv99f5N_no_gr-j3gvfOVYBw==?accountName=nox_e&characterName=abeezz

Thank you for the guide, and happy new year!

Hey,

Life on shield.
More life on amulet, both rings, belt & boots.

And happy new year to you as well bro! :D

Also, make your character profile here on the PoE website non-private so that I can easier help you and you don't have to link all your gear & tree manually ;)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy,

Two questions:

1) Does it have to be +chaos dmg on rings or can it be +spell dmg?

2) can you change biscos belt to Stygian Vise w/ +dot dmg while holding a shield or is the rarity component that good?

Cheers! (thanks for answering everyones questions)
"
lesgrossman wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

Two questions:

1) Does it have to be +chaos dmg on rings or can it be +spell dmg?

2) can you change biscos belt to Stygian Vise w/ +dot dmg while holding a shield or is the rarity component that good?

Cheers! (thanks for answering everyones questions)

Spell damage also affects essence drain, but it does not affect the delirium weapon dot, so if you use that, spell damage is a tiny bit less effective on single target damage, but it is not a big deal in my opinion. As for the belt, it is up to your style I think. I like to calmly go around, and take my time looting and also getting lost, so I can't really use that belt well. I think you should take a chance and try it, it is not very expensive, so check if you can generally keep up the rampage on maps. For bossing, it is straight up better to use any other belt with good defenses. If you can make a build, in which you can change the belts between your "mappin" belt and "boss" belt, that would be the most effective I think.

I also have a question.
I tried to remake the build a bit, for solo self found, and I tried to add a +3 chaos gem level staff(+2 for the budget start) into path of building, and it seems to grant a ton of damage, even compared to a delirium weapon. What would be the argument against using a staff with leap slam instead of shield charge, other than it being a bit slower ? I guess there is some, since everyone seems to use the other version, but I am a bit concerned, that I can not get a delirium in ssf. So please theorycraft with me :D
Grand Spectrum Jewels give us a lot of mana but whether jewels maximum life / damage over time is bad if i use Cloak of Defiance?

3 x 7% life give me a lot of life, more than mana boost from grand spectrum jewels?
"
Bunta126 wrote:
"
kizzderose wrote:
Thanks for the guide, it's really fun to play!

I have a quick question about the Grand Spectrum jewels:
Why are they so good? I understand mana is important because of MoM, but these jewels are expensive and give only 90 mana if you have 3 of them.
Do i miss something?

No 3 grand spectrums = +270 mana
Check the mechanics

+ @Ghazzy:

Oh, now i got it :D Thanks!
Last edited by kizzderose on Jan 2, 2018, 7:35:40 AM
Another question about the mana and MoM:
Thanks to RNGesus i found my first EX since beta :D
I bought 3 Grand Spectrum Jewels and it really pushed my mana.
I have now about 1400, with Enfeeble and Clarity on about 700.

The problem now is my playstyle. Until MoM i just jumped/whirled into a group of monsters, Cont+ED and done. Even with Abysses.
Now when i do that and get a shitton of hits my mana drops to zero, i stand in the middle of monsters and first have to use a mana pot. Quite dangerous...ok, i died a couple of times :D

I just wanted to know if i "just" have to play a bit safer? Not jumping into 100 monsters, but stay away a bit to cast safely?
I also wondered because you said "keep your mana at about twice what your ED cost is".
This would be 160-170 for me...but then i would run out of mana in just a couple of hits.

Is it really the playstyle or is there any "trick"?

edit:
Ok, i played a little more, did the merciful lab and chose "Weave the Arcane". After that it got better.
I guess it really depends on how much mana you have :D

Atm lvl 73 and just started mapping, so much fun ;)
Last edited by kizzderose on Jan 2, 2018, 10:04:59 PM

"
"Badtwo wrote:
I am wondering if at my level , mid 70's i may have gone to the uniques too soon. Too much life and res loss..I may go back to some rares for a bit. My dps is great but more than a few packs of mobs at one time in maps and im dead. I have to be real careful and map slowly one mob at a time..lol
Nearing the end of the tree I am wondering where the extra life is going to come from.."

Prioritising having capped resistances then Life THEN dmg is very important in PoE with pretty much any build!
Taking a quick look at your gear I see that you have 0 life on your amulet, 1 of your rings whilst the other ring has a very low life roll. Your helmet barely has any life as well, and your belt is rather low on HP as well.

Thank you for the input! Making changes..it's so easy to forget some of the pieces of the puzzle...( noob) Thanks for the help one of these days soon I wont need it anymore! :)

Last edited by Badtwo on Jan 2, 2018, 10:58:47 PM
I'm kind of lost, does Immortal call work without charges? Or do you make charges some how?
"
DetoxRogue wrote:
I'm kind of lost, does Immortal call work without charges? Or do you make charges some how?

Immortal call works because it is linked to CWDT.
Keep CWDT at low level so that immortal call triggers whenever you get hit.
What do you guys think about using Bubonic Trail for Boots?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bubonic_Trail
Last edited by todesman on Jan 2, 2018, 11:43:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info