[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

First time playing POE, this guides been great so far. Just finished soloing my first uberlab and now I'm curious what gear should I focus on upgrading next? Got roughly 2.5ex in abyss and have no clue where to spend it.
SO hey I'm still kinda new to the game, playing a ranger at 78, thinking of a second char, is this char like updated for Abyss league since im playing league?

Might be a dumb question but hey, Im still learning the ropes of this game!
"
gabz001 wrote:
This is my first ever character for this game and loving the build so far :)

anyone have any suggestions how to proceed with my character just for progression?

get rid of that portal gem and stop being lazy =D

put temporal chains in that green slot in your boots and make sure you dont level it above the level requirement for CWDT. don't level CWDT any more for right now.

your gear is pretty good. assuming you know someone who plays?

overflowing chalice flask can go away and you can use something else. another life flask, a sulphur flask, a silver flask, or...if you have some currency or rich friends, taste of hate.

other than that you're looking real good
"
rgonewildplus wrote:
First time playing POE, this guides been great so far. Just finished soloing my first uberlab and now I'm curious what gear should I focus on upgrading next? Got roughly 2.5ex in abyss and have no clue where to spend it.

better weapons will be too expensive. you could try for gloves with attack speed in addition to what you have (less a resist) and boots with movement speed...but you're kinda at the limit where any upgrade is going to cost you a lot.

sell your instant anti bleed life flask and buy a taste of hate maybe
"
Eggi90 wrote:
SO hey I'm still kinda new to the game, playing a ranger at 78, thinking of a second char, is this char like updated for Abyss league since im playing league?

Might be a dumb question but hey, Im still learning the ropes of this game!

yes. if you look at the title, it says [3.1], meaning i have updated it for the latest patch (even though nothing has really changed)
"
rgonewildplus wrote:

In addition to what Say_Ten said: I recommend to not use Melee Splash Damage since you already have it via Might and Influence Jewel. Your best choice is probably: Dual Strike - Multistrike - Ruthless - Critical Damage Support.

If you wanna spend more currency you always have the option to get a Belly of the Beast + Starkonja's Head.
I got an ice golem skin from the free box and wanted a build to show it, in love so far with the progression! any advice?
"
Xzandro wrote:
"
MakiCasanova wrote:
Thank you for this build! I have been enjoying it so far, but I seem to have hit a wall...

My biggest weakness is getting one shot. All my resists are capped, and I have all my skills except for Vaal Haste. Can you please take a look at Raygun and see what I am doing wrong?

Hmm, I dont see any major flaws regarding life rolls (although its not perfect, but you probably have 5,5k life now right?). So it probably comes down to play style and flask management. Make sure you kill stuff fast and ALWAYS have fortify AND flasks up.

Another thing: your Might and Influence Jewel is at the wrong spot. You dont have enough Dex nodes nearby so its currently useless. Socket the jewel on the right side, top of Fervour. You also should drop Ambidexterity and Vitality Void and go for the Claw nodes. Super important, especially Soul Raker! For a decent endgame tree you can look at my character Xzandroo. Currently, you lose a lot of damage and that is key for this build. You should kill monsters before they even know that they are dead and cant oneshot anyone.

You could also drop Bringer of Rain and instead use Belly of the Beast and Starkonja's Head for more defense, life and damage. Only disadvantage is that you spend a fair amount of currency, especially 6-linking Belly of the Beast.

You dont really have super endgame Claws so you might want to use Bloodseeker in one hand to get the juicy (and absolutely OP) instant leech. That doesnt necessarly help with oneshots, but I dont really believe that you get oneshottet that often if you follow the tips. Try to switch out Temporal Chains for Enfeeble in your Cast when damage taken setup.

That's it for now. Try it out and see if it works better. :)

Thank you so much! I mirrored your tree, followed your advice, and the difference is like night and day. In addition, I found using Ancestral Call in place of Multistrike made map clearing and Abysses so much easier.
If trying to further my dps (Which I obviously can by just bumping up my items physical damage by 1 or 2, or so on-- there isn't too much wriggle room though), should I replace my touch of anguish, or bloodseeker first? I think I can afford a 1.75 aps/7.5 crit/280 pdps imperial, or gemini now, I'm just worried about if the upgrade is worth the cost- losing one means no more instant leech, and the other means no more frenzy charges, right?

Its just my DPS is at 81k with only herald of ash/hatred and my golem, I'm not sure if it's meant to be much higher or not. I don't have my final ascendancy yet (Deadly infusion), so i imagine that'll help some- I'm just curious if there's anyway to bump up my dps a decent bit more, or not. I THINK my character is public?

Also, I'm aware that uhm.. My necklace could use a bit higher on crit strike multi for example, and my gloves/boots aren't quite peaked out on life/phys damage, but pretty much anything I buy will cost all I have (I have basically an exalt, and a few chaos), so I'm curious what would have the most impact. I love this build, so I wanna push it to the limit.
Last edited by Asellia on Jan 1, 2018, 4:47:08 PM
I feel stuck y'all. My DPS is great, I'm running red maps pretty well; but I guess my one problem is sustaining tough boss fights, also if I could get up to ~85 resist that would be awesome but it would cost a couple ex for sure.

I have the $$ I just don't want to spend it unwisely. This is my second build that I've really taken seriously in POE, so I still feel pretty new.

edit: Also, been waiting on a BoR with 40% increased dual strike dmg to pop up, but haven't seen anything less than 9ex. Just building my currency; if I gotta pay for it I gotta pay for it I guess.

edit2: I just haggled to get my 40% increased DS BoR. Woo boy.
Last edited by friedtofu on Jan 1, 2018, 7:58:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info