[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Asellia wrote:
If trying to further my dps (Which I obviously can by just bumping up my items physical damage by 1 or 2, or so on-- there isn't too much wriggle room though), should I replace my touch of anguish, or bloodseeker first? I think I can afford a 1.75 aps/7.5 crit/280 pdps imperial, or gemini now, I'm just worried about if the upgrade is worth the cost- losing one means no more instant leech, and the other means no more frenzy charges, right?

Its just my DPS is at 81k with only herald of ash/hatred and my golem, I'm not sure if it's meant to be much higher or not. I don't have my final ascendancy yet (Deadly infusion), so i imagine that'll help some- I'm just curious if there's anyway to bump up my dps a decent bit more, or not. I THINK my character is public?

Also, I'm aware that uhm.. My necklace could use a bit higher on crit strike multi for example, and my gloves/boots aren't quite peaked out on life/phys damage, but pretty much anything I buy will cost all I have (I have basically an exalt, and a few chaos), so I'm curious what would have the most impact. I love this build, so I wanna push it to the limit.

For what it's worth, biggest problem I see with your gear right now is just what you said, the hp. You need high hp with this build. Also, my stibnite flask along with my Rumi's and Atziri's flasks saves my hide more times than one.

I didn't use either of those claws, before I got my gemini/imperial I used the Wasp Nest Throat Stabber and something else that was budget-friendly(a rare I think). Whatever will raise your DPS/give you more crit strike.
I'm pretty new to the game and thought i would give your build a go.
trying to level my character right now, for some reason i find lighting tendrils better for farming rn.
I've been on this build since the start of 3.1.

Previously I've never really got in to the game fully until 3.0 but I was also running a dual totem warcheif and a necromancer which basically meant I'd cast spells and hide in corner.

This has been really fun, there's a lot I still have no idea about (crafting mainly and how to use flasks, I just spam buttons) but I managed to kill the elder and guardians last night which was really awesome.

I pretty much have my bor with ancestral call instead of melee splash as it seems to have better clear speed. I swap that with ruthless support vs. bosses, I don't know if that's actually a good idea though.

I've died a lot, mainly because of the very dull builds I've previously ran, I never had to dodge or move as I'd just hide and spam life flasks.

I just need to get some good unset rings for bloodlust/ice golem as I've ran out of gem slots.

Also, I sometimes replace lightning strike with frost blades depending on the maps as it's far better for clearing inside. Outside and large area maps I swap back to lightning strike.

Anyway, I'm a mega scrub so I'm probably not getting the most out of this build but I've found it to be very fun. Thank you.

What about using Bloodseeker claw for better leech? Can I use 2? Or is it best to leave them out altogether?
"
dsf000 wrote:
I got an ice golem skin from the free box and wanted a build to show it, in love so far with the progression! any advice?

i know a lot of people tend to want to get the gems and links set up properly from the get-go, but focus more on the stats of your items for now until you're at least level 60. you need plenty of life and resists to help you survive. and if you're looking for more damage, get a weapon with more physical damage (your offhand is all elemental).
"
Asellia wrote:
If trying to further my dps (Which I obviously can by just bumping up my items physical damage by 1 or 2, or so on-- there isn't too much wriggle room though), should I replace my touch of anguish, or bloodseeker first? I think I can afford a 1.75 aps/7.5 crit/280 pdps imperial, or gemini now, I'm just worried about if the upgrade is worth the cost- losing one means no more instant leech, and the other means no more frenzy charges, right?

Its just my DPS is at 81k with only herald of ash/hatred and my golem, I'm not sure if it's meant to be much higher or not. I don't have my final ascendancy yet (Deadly infusion), so i imagine that'll help some- I'm just curious if there's anyway to bump up my dps a decent bit more, or not. I THINK my character is public?

Also, I'm aware that uhm.. My necklace could use a bit higher on crit strike multi for example, and my gloves/boots aren't quite peaked out on life/phys damage, but pretty much anything I buy will cost all I have (I have basically an exalt, and a few chaos), so I'm curious what would have the most impact. I love this build, so I wanna push it to the limit.

your damage is that "low" because you are using bloodseeker. you can even buy a cheap wasp nest claw and toss that on and see the damage difference. i suspect if you do that, your dual strike dps with multistrike, ruthless (doesn't show tooltip dps unless there is quality on it) and crit damage will be at least 100k.

experiment with a claw thats not bloodseeker and see if you can survive ok. i have never used one and have facerolled the world with the build.

to outperform ToA, you will need a claw with the stats i mention in my gear guide, ideally with accuracy and multi on it for the same pdps. but ~280 is the bare minimum.
"
friedtofu wrote:
I feel stuck y'all. My DPS is great, I'm running red maps pretty well; but I guess my one problem is sustaining tough boss fights, also if I could get up to ~85 resist that would be awesome but it would cost a couple ex for sure.

I have the $$ I just don't want to spend it unwisely. This is my second build that I've really taken seriously in POE, so I still feel pretty new.

edit: Also, been waiting on a BoR with 40% increased dual strike dmg to pop up, but haven't seen anything less than 9ex. Just building my currency; if I gotta pay for it I gotta pay for it I guess.

edit2: I just haggled to get my 40% increased DS BoR. Woo boy.

your characters are hidden so i can't see anything. sucks that they are going for that much now. i think DS is more popular this league. say_ten effect? haha...doubtful. but i think i bought my first one a few leagues ago for 2ex.

what's your life pool? what's your dps? what are you dying to? need to see all your gear.
"
I'm pretty new to the game and thought i would give your build a go.
trying to level my character right now, for some reason i find lighting tendrils better for farming rn.

especially for people who have been playing for awhile, you'll realize it doesn't matter what you level with. unique items and leveling gear will help you steamroll early content. i encourage people to try different skills, especially while leveling. this league i actually leveled with frost blades and i am actually still using it while i decide whether or not i want to divine my shitty-rolled BoR with LS pierce on it. i think ideally i would keep both skills handy since they both have advtanges based on map layout.
"
WARHURYEAH wrote:
I've been on this build since the start of 3.1.

Previously I've never really got in to the game fully until 3.0 but I was also running a dual totem warcheif and a necromancer which basically meant I'd cast spells and hide in corner.

This has been really fun, there's a lot I still have no idea about (crafting mainly and how to use flasks, I just spam buttons) but I managed to kill the elder and guardians last night which was really awesome.

I pretty much have my bor with ancestral call instead of melee splash as it seems to have better clear speed. I swap that with ruthless support vs. bosses, I don't know if that's actually a good idea though.

I've died a lot, mainly because of the very dull builds I've previously ran, I never had to dodge or move as I'd just hide and spam life flasks.

I just need to get some good unset rings for bloodlust/ice golem as I've ran out of gem slots.

Also, I sometimes replace lightning strike with frost blades depending on the maps as it's far better for clearing inside. Outside and large area maps I swap back to lightning strike.

Anyway, I'm a mega scrub so I'm probably not getting the most out of this build but I've found it to be very fun. Thank you.

if this is your first time playing melee and you killed the elder and guardians, you're doing an awesome job and it also probably speaks about how versatile (and mega fucking awesome) this build is

you shouldnt be using melee splash in your BoR. you should have Might and Influence socketed into your passive tree so that you can use another damage gem all the time. look it up, do it, and get 25% more dps =D

i just posted about LS/FB and i'm totally with you on that.

good job and good luck!
"
sqvirel wrote:
What about using Bloodseeker claw for better leech? Can I use 2? Or is it best to leave them out altogether?

xzandro is/was using one (and i think others are too) and it is supposedly working incredibly well for facerolling. can't prevent big one-shots, but that's why you grind for better gear and more passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info