[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
sithren wrote:
I've been leveling a slayer and also have a low level shadow. I found the last resort and touch of anguish claw weapons. I'm thinking of going with this build over the weekend.

I have a couple of 5 link chest pieces that I can likely use. If I only plan to get to around level 90 and into T10 maps, would I have a decent time with this build? I generally just play solo self found so I likely won't have a bringer of rain helm. Build seems cool, though, I'd like to give it a shot.

yeah this is perfect for that. i ran SSF with this build and was in the top 500 but had to stop playing after a month due to life. eventually came back but played regular SC since all my friends were pissed at me being antisocial.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
sithren wrote:
I've been leveling a slayer and also have a low level shadow. I found the last resort and touch of anguish claw weapons. I'm thinking of going with this build over the weekend.

I have a couple of 5 link chest pieces that I can likely use. If I only plan to get to around level 90 and into T10 maps, would I have a decent time with this build? I generally just play solo self found so I likely won't have a bringer of rain helm. Build seems cool, though, I'd like to give it a shot.

yeah this is perfect for that. i ran SSF with this build and was in the top 500 but had to stop playing after a month due to life. eventually came back but played regular SC since all my friends were pissed at me being antisocial.

Haha! Awesome. I think I will give it a shot this weekend. After 60 hours or so with my current character, I'm itching to alternate with something new.
Fun to play and doesn't feel like a cookie-cutter because there's room for a lot of variety here.
"I used to think I was serving humanity... and I pleasured in the thought. Then I discovered that humanity does not want to be served; on the contrary it resents any attempt to serve it." - Jubal Harshaw
How far do you think I can go with my character right now? I mean I'm stucked at t5-t6 maps cause i cant find higher map drops (i dont want to spend tho) and sometimes I die in on those maps. My uber lab is not yet activated (i cant find the last opener) so i feel stuck. Any advice is welcome and thank you very much guys \m/
I’m rrrrrrrreally new to this game and I’ve been fiddling with a few league starter guides and builds but nothing matches my preferred play style until I looked at this one. I just want to melee the crap out of things with a weapon in both hands and do it quickly.

I started my guy but I ran into trouble from the very start and probably died 3 times before level 4 due to groups of mobs. I’m assuming I shouldn’t be using dual strike from the start? I should wait until I have lightning strike? Orrrr am I just doing it wrong?

I don’t have any useful leveling uniques either. Or maybe I’m just bad. I know I do t have the time played to understand the game and I’m hoping I can play through and learn it with this build. Sorry for the n00bness of this post.
"
Elbreng wrote:
I’m rrrrrrrreally new to this game and I’ve been fiddling with a few league starter guides and builds but nothing matches my preferred play style until I looked at this one. I just want to melee the crap out of things with a weapon in both hands and do it quickly.

I started my guy but I ran into trouble from the very start and probably died 3 times before level 4 due to groups of mobs. I’m assuming I shouldn’t be using dual strike from the start? I should wait until I have lightning strike? Orrrr am I just doing it wrong?

I don’t have any useful leveling uniques either. Or maybe I’m just bad. I know I do t have the time played to understand the game and I’m hoping I can play through and learn it with this build. Sorry for the n00bness of this post.

im also new (first season im playing) ive tried a few builds now but this one was by far the most fun i had so just stick with it even tho you'll die a lot until you figure out how to play this properly.

for leveling use both dual and lightning strike. lightning strike linked with faster attacks and multistrike is realy realy strong.

also say_ten wrote an entire chapter about basics and leveling so you might want to read that
Last edited by kuvvet_ on Dec 30, 2017, 4:40:58 AM
"
higgsbson wrote:
How far do you think I can go with my character right now? I mean I'm stucked at t5-t6 maps cause i cant find higher map drops (i dont want to spend tho) and sometimes I die in on those maps. My uber lab is not yet activated (i cant find the last opener) so i feel stuck. Any advice is welcome and thank you very much guys \m/

work on your flasks at least. your gear is ok for now. as a rule of thumb, i try to have at least 5k life before running uber lab like clockwork. you need to eventually go up and get constitution, which is 5 points away. you could refund some or level or both.

also join global 820 channel and wait for someone to post a message about the trial you need. that channel has been used for master leveling and ascendancy trials since they were a thing.
kuvett_ is right

you can also use frost blades, which is available to the shadow pretty early on. if you hit me up, i can probably get you some leveling gear to make it a little easier. the game forces you to think all the time and also kind of pigeon holes everyone into having some kind of AOE damage, so dual strike is good for single targets initially like minibosses and otherwise use LS or frost blades.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
higgsbson wrote:

work on your flasks at least. your gear is ok for now. as a rule of thumb, i try to have at least 5k life before running uber lab like clockwork. you need to eventually go up and get constitution, which is 5 points away. you could refund some or level or both.

also join global 820 channel and wait for someone to post a message about the trial you need. that channel has been used for master leveling and ascendancy trials since they were a thing.

Thanks bro you're a life saver \m/
This is my first ever character for this game and loving the build so far :)

anyone have any suggestions how to proceed with my character just for progression?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info