[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

any tips on how to get those claws?
buying isn't an option since they are reaaly expensive and crafting seems impossible.

also do they make a big difference compared to ToA?
Last edited by kuvvet_ on Dec 28, 2017, 8:01:41 AM
"
kuvvet_ wrote:
any tips on how to get those claws?
buying isn't an option since they are reaaly expensive and crafting seems impossible.

also do they make a big difference compared to ToA?

the things that will make claws better than ToA will be faster attack speed (more defense in terms of life regen) or, for the same amount of pdps and base crit chance, the addition of crit multi on a rare claw. i have found that ~280pdps with fast attack speed and high crit will start to be better than ToA.

otherwise you spend the money or wait until there are more on the market and the supply drives the price down a bit.
okey thanks a lot :)
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Garettt wrote:
I've just started with only 29 hours in so bare with me. I have no idea what gems go to where with what. Any direction would be well appreciated. I want to try Wild strike W/ Dual strike. Thanks

do you mean wild strike instead of lightning strike? feel free to hit me up in game and i can explain better. i specifically call out which gems need to be linked to each other in the guide but i can help you in real time if you're new to the game because if you've never played before it's a bit overwhelming.

Say_Ten. That name couldn't be more fitting, 10/10 a great guy that does great things for newbies like me. He saved me for quitting this game. All praise Say_Ten.
Loving the build, just started this game during the last week of Harbinger. Only real question I have is do you have a recommendation on a change out for the ice golem? The thing always seems to die the moment mobs show up. I know the crit is awesome but if it never lasts. Unless I am missing some command somewhere that makes it stay out of combat.
Thank you for this build! I have been enjoying it so far, but I seem to have hit a wall...

My biggest weakness is getting one shot. All my resists are capped, and I have all my skills except for Vaal Haste. Can you please take a look at Raygun and see what I am doing wrong?
"
MakiCasanova wrote:
Thank you for this build! I have been enjoying it so far, but I seem to have hit a wall...

My biggest weakness is getting one shot. All my resists are capped, and I have all my skills except for Vaal Haste. Can you please take a look at Raygun and see what I am doing wrong?

Hmm, I dont see any major flaws regarding life rolls (although its not perfect, but you probably have 5,5k life now right?). So it probably comes down to play style and flask management. Make sure you kill stuff fast and ALWAYS have fortify AND flasks up.

Another thing: your Might and Influence Jewel is at the wrong spot. You dont have enough Dex nodes nearby so its currently useless. Socket the jewel on the right side, top of Fervour. You also should drop Ambidexterity and Vitality Void and go for the Claw nodes. Super important, especially Soul Raker! For a decent endgame tree you can look at my character Xzandroo. Currently, you lose a lot of damage and that is key for this build. You should kill monsters before they even know that they are dead and cant oneshot anyone.

You could also drop Bringer of Rain and instead use Belly of the Beast and Starkonja's Head for more defense, life and damage. Only disadvantage is that you spend a fair amount of currency, especially 6-linking Belly of the Beast.

You dont really have super endgame Claws so you might want to use Bloodseeker in one hand to get the juicy (and absolutely OP) instant leech. That doesnt necessarly help with oneshots, but I dont really believe that you get oneshottet that often if you follow the tips. Try to switch out Temporal Chains for Enfeeble in your Cast when damage taken setup.

That's it for now. Try it out and see if it works better. :)
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 28, 2017, 9:16:43 PM
I've been leveling a slayer and also have a low level shadow. I found the last resort and touch of anguish claw weapons. I'm thinking of going with this build over the weekend.

I have a couple of 5 link chest pieces that I can likely use. If I only plan to get to around level 90 and into T10 maps, would I have a decent time with this build? I generally just play solo self found so I likely won't have a bringer of rain helm. Build seems cool, though, I'd like to give it a shot.
"
Garettt wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Garettt wrote:
I've just started with only 29 hours in so bare with me. I have no idea what gems go to where with what. Any direction would be well appreciated. I want to try Wild strike W/ Dual strike. Thanks

do you mean wild strike instead of lightning strike? feel free to hit me up in game and i can explain better. i specifically call out which gems need to be linked to each other in the guide but i can help you in real time if you're new to the game because if you've never played before it's a bit overwhelming.

Say_Ten. That name couldn't be more fitting, 10/10 a great guy that does great things for newbies like me. He saved me for quitting this game. All praise Say_Ten.

glad i could help bro
"
Loving the build, just started this game during the last week of Harbinger. Only real question I have is do you have a recommendation on a change out for the ice golem? The thing always seems to die the moment mobs show up. I know the crit is awesome but if it never lasts. Unless I am missing some command somewhere that makes it stay out of combat.

they can be annoying but the buff is worth recasting every once in awhile. if you really hate that they die you can support them with gems or not use them but in my opinion you should just get used to casting it every once in awhile, just like blood rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info