[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
iveldraw wrote:
how do you protect yourself from chaos damage?
I have a big pain in my f*** ass when I fighting with bosses (-60 chaos resistance)

short answer: kill them faster

longer answer: you don't, but if you can find gear with chaos resistance on it, that would obviously help. atziri's promise also helps and so does your ludicrous attack speed with life on hit and some leech. lastly, the more life, the merrier.
"
deadamaranth wrote:
"
iveldraw wrote:
how do you protect yourself from chaos damage?
I have a big pain in my f*** ass when I fighting with bosses (-60 chaos resistance)

I died three times in a row to shaped Graveyard Geofri-clone boss, before I realized what killed me. He shoots out a ring of black shadow wraiths that apparently do chaos damage and insta-pop me if they touch me. I could have used my Atziri's Promise if I knew he was going to do that, although I doubt it would have saved me with negative chaos resistance. I think I'll just avoid him going forward.

Which bosses are giving you a hard time?

yeah, some of the survival skills are just knowing the game. if you can't take that guy out relatively quickly and/or you don't have a lot of life, you will need to slap him around, whirl out of the way until he blindly uses that stupid shit, then whirl back and slap him around some more
"
ducks wrote:
Say_Ten any plan for how you're spending your remaining passive points? I've caught up to you at level 88, not sure where to go from here

i'm 94 in harbinger...not sure which tree you are looking at. view my characters and look at my harbinger skill tree. any levels i get at this point will be toward 5% life nodes. currently over 6000 life (and ~150 ES) and still room for improvement.
"
ICEOverDose wrote:
Alright Say_Ten, I feel like I'm at a decent place here but I'm not really knowledgeable about the stats in this game (obviously... following build guides) so is there any chance you could check out my attempt at your build? I'm not done leveling but I'm not sure what to get from here gear wise.

Also, out of curiosity. What chunks of more pdps is worth it over touch of anguish. You think 300pdps (+30 ish pdps) is worth 40c? or should I hold out for something like 330+ (prob never get there at these prices lol)?

FYI I was swapping out Riposte/splash for LS/Multi because I'm lazy and also got a helm enc to support it.

Thanks a lot for posting / updating this! I tried a similar type of character last league with a gladiator lacerate and it didn't feel nearly as good as this. This is my favorite of my three characters so far in this game.

fuck yeah, brozilla.

as far as weapons, you're either gonna need 300+ pdps if there is little to no added base crit or 260+pdps if the base crit is at least 7.5%. ToA can be used until you are micro-managing your character. once you're ready for that (you are), i would search for 1.75aps, 7.5crit, 280pdps and find some price breaks. ideally i would run a gemini (for the mana on hit) and an imperial (for the fast attack speed).

things to work on:

ditch two of your 5% life nodes and the single INT and claw node near the top and take Constitution for now because it's strong AF. you can fill in the rest eventually as you level more.

try to find a better right ring and belt. belt with tri-resists shouldn't be crazy expensive and it frees up mod slots on your other gear. if your resists are capped and youre happy, then dont go crazy. because all of your stuff has good life rolls.

should also just get a better enchant on your BoR. the LS setup is fucking boss as you can clear entire maps with it standing still if the layout is open. plus all the benefits of the curse.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Sep 12, 2017, 8:02:02 AM
"
xLuciferIX wrote:
Hi,

I started PoE on Xbox a few weeks ago, so I have little knowledge yet.

I have currently a rare Imperial Claw with:

+46 life gained for each enemy hit by attacks
==============================================
Adds 24 to 41 physical damage
23% increased attack spead
41% fire resistance

How should I craft this claw? I know that I need % physical damage, but I dont know how my chances are the best.

I have to craft a good claw for myself because there are only low dps claws on xbox currently.

Your best bet would to use Vagan's crafting bench to add %phys. I think it can go up to 74%, which isn't a lot, but with those awesome flat phys and IAS rolls, it should be good for now.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Pizdecbaker wrote:
What IF...

You play with Varunastra dual, go for Deadly Dilettante skill, since this "sword" is also an axe, and claws? Shoulnd't it boost your DPS to infinity?

Any1 mentioned this so far?

Best,

Bob

Yes, this has been discussed. Varunastra has a slow attack speed and low base crit compared to good rare claws. There aren't too many inefficient things going on in the tree but the ability to pick up some extra dagger nodes and DD would be nice and potentially be able to match claw DPS without the high base crit.

However, you will be missing out on a ton of a life on hit, which is where this build shines when you couple it with high attack speed (which Varunastra also doesn't have).

They are also a little expensive to test out but nothing outlandish. You could give it a try and report back if you're curious. You could also probably just toss the theoretical build into POB. I'm at work right now so I'd have to mess around later.

I just bought a pair of Varunastra, respecced the talents, and i'm about to try it. I might need a few runs. Just tried the Abyss map, and had just a slight problem with the bloodlust -life debuff. But the dmg and survivability is (in my oppinion) better.

Will reply later to this :)

Best,

Bob
"
Pizdecbaker wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Pizdecbaker wrote:
What IF...

You play with Varunastra dual, go for Deadly Dilettante skill, since this "sword" is also an axe, and claws? Shoulnd't it boost your DPS to infinity?

Any1 mentioned this so far?

Best,

Bob

Yes, this has been discussed. Varunastra has a slow attack speed and low base crit compared to good rare claws. There aren't too many inefficient things going on in the tree but the ability to pick up some extra dagger nodes and DD would be nice and potentially be able to match claw DPS without the high base crit.

However, you will be missing out on a ton of a life on hit, which is where this build shines when you couple it with high attack speed (which Varunastra also doesn't have).

They are also a little expensive to test out but nothing outlandish. You could give it a try and report back if you're curious. You could also probably just toss the theoretical build into POB. I'm at work right now so I'd have to mess around later.

I just bought a pair of Varunastra, respecced the talents, and i'm about to try it. I might need a few runs. Just tried the Abyss map, and had just a slight problem with the bloodlust -life debuff. But the dmg and survivability is (in my oppinion) better.

Will reply later to this :)

Best,

Bob

Bob,

Didn't know/remember you were going Vaal Pact. You don't have any investment in leech besides Soul Raker and Blood Drinker (both part of the build already) and I assume you're not using Blood Rage. What is your tooltip DPS sitting in your hideout with Hatred/HoA/Ice Golem? What is your crit chance in your character's offense sheet with no charges?

More importantly, what makes you think the survivability is better? You didn't add any defense from what I can see.

Standing by...

Hey Say_Ten

Right now I have ~100'000 dps with hatred, ash and golem. Crit chance is on 28% (But i guess the dps won't be calculated as it should, since i have the DD talent? i'm not even sure...)

I used to "need" vaal pact since i don't have the flat life per hit anymore. I do use Blood Rage.
Next goal (long way) will be to get By The Blade talent.

I have a much higher lifegain with that build, even without the attackspeed of my prev. claw build. I'm alway 100% after a blink of time.

Just did High Gardens Twinned corrupted map, and facetanked both, even with those laserbeams on me, which isn't even that bad. Since this build is "facetanking":)

Best,

Bob

Last edited by Pizdecbaker on Sep 12, 2017, 9:56:52 AM
"
Pizdecbaker wrote:
Hey Say_Ten

Right now I have ~100'000 dps with hatred, ash and golem. Crit chance is on 28% (But i guess the dps won't be calculated as it should, since i have the DD talent? i'm not even sure...)

I used to "need" vaal pact since i don't have the flat life per hit anymore. I do use Blood Rage.
Next goal (long way) will be to get By The Blade talent.

I have a much higher lifegain with that build, even without the attackspeed of my prev. claw build. I'm alway 100% after a blink of time.

Just did High Gardens Twinned corrupted map, and facetanked both, even with those laserbeams on me, which isn't even that bad. Since this build is "facetanking":)

Best,

Bob

Tooltip DPS should show and that seems accurate since the crit chance is low. Just surprised you can do better than two claws for ~90 life/hit/enemy @ 12+ APS. I mean...I don't think you can, but would love to see the math behind it.

With Blood Rage, at least you are getting the nice attack speed buff, even though you drain yourself quickly. What is your APS sitting in hideout without Blood Rage?
I ditched Vaal Pact now, it felt clumpsy... Went for
, this is almost a Vaal Pact, and now im able to handle the Blood Rage very well. The cons are for sure... no phys, no life and low resistence on this. The Plus for sure, +33% dmg on leech:)

I can tell you by now about the varanustra, this is feeling more satisfying.

My APS is without BR 8, with BR its 8.55.

Last edited by Pizdecbaker on Sep 12, 2017, 1:24:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info