[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
coubi64 wrote:
Sorry for that newbie question but what gem is "Crit Multi" (associated with Dual Strike) ?

Thank you for this build.

Increased Critical Damage (modifies your critical strike multiplier)
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Wolftein04 wrote:
I was able to push further but it's getting harder, could you point me in the right direction about what gear should i change? what stats should i focus on the claws?

claw minimum stats: 1.75aps, 7.5 crit, 260pdps

replace the jewel on the left with one that has life and 2-3 good damage stats

use blood rage instead of vaal haste if you don't want to run two unset rings

get an amulet with more flat phys and crit

depends on how much you want to spend

Wow blood rage made a diff, i got two new claws (Cost me 10 ex in total) and i'm literally melting everything

Last edited by Wolftein04 on Sep 12, 2017, 12:32:37 AM
What IF...

You play with Varunastra dual, go for Deadly Dilettante skill, since this "sword" is also an axe, and claws? Shoulnd't it boost your DPS to infinity?

Any1 mentioned this so far?

Best,

Bob
how do you protect yourself from chaos damage?
I have a big pain in my f*** ass when I fighting with bosses (-60 chaos resistance)
"
iveldraw wrote:
how do you protect yourself from chaos damage?
I have a big pain in my f*** ass when I fighting with bosses (-60 chaos resistance)

I died three times in a row to shaped Graveyard Geofri-clone boss, before I realized what killed me. He shoots out a ring of black shadow wraiths that apparently do chaos damage and insta-pop me if they touch me. I could have used my Atziri's Promise if I knew he was going to do that, although I doubt it would have saved me with negative chaos resistance. I think I'll just avoid him going forward.

Which bosses are giving you a hard time?

/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Sep 11, 2017, 7:00:32 PM
Say_Ten any plan for how you're spending your remaining passive points? I've caught up to you at level 88, not sure where to go from here
Alright Say_Ten, I feel like I'm at a decent place here but I'm not really knowledgeable about the stats in this game (obviously... following build guides) so is there any chance you could check out my attempt at your build? I'm not done leveling but I'm not sure what to get from here gear wise.

Also, out of curiosity. What chunks of more pdps is worth it over touch of anguish. You think 300pdps (+30 ish pdps) is worth 40c? or should I hold out for something like 330+ (prob never get there at these prices lol)?

FYI I was swapping out Riposte/splash for LS/Multi because I'm lazy and also got a helm enc to support it.

Thanks a lot for posting / updating this! I tried a similar type of character last league with a gladiator lacerate and it didn't feel nearly as good as this. This is my favorite of my three characters so far in this game.
Hi,

I started PoE on Xbox a few weeks ago, so I have little knowledge yet.

I have currently a rare Imperial Claw with:

+46 life gained for each enemy hit by attacks
==============================================
Adds 24 to 41 physical damage
23% increased attack spead
41% fire resistance

How should I craft this claw? I know that I need % physical damage, but I dont know how my chances are the best.

I have to craft a good claw for myself because there are only low dps claws on xbox currently.
"
Wolftein04 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Wolftein04 wrote:
I was able to push further but it's getting harder, could you point me in the right direction about what gear should i change? what stats should i focus on the claws?

claw minimum stats: 1.75aps, 7.5 crit, 260pdps

replace the jewel on the left with one that has life and 2-3 good damage stats

use blood rage instead of vaal haste if you don't want to run two unset rings

get an amulet with more flat phys and crit

depends on how much you want to spend

Wow blood rage made a diff, i got two new claws (Cost me 10 ex in total) and i'm literally melting everything

the first one is awesome. i was looking at that yesterday. the second one is a leech claw, which isn't ideal but is fine to have a little of both. at least you have one gemini claw so you have life and mana on hit. if the leeching isn't working fast enough, you could spec into leech nodes again or eventually sell that one and buy a life on hit claw.
"
Pizdecbaker wrote:
What IF...

You play with Varunastra dual, go for Deadly Dilettante skill, since this "sword" is also an axe, and claws? Shoulnd't it boost your DPS to infinity?

Any1 mentioned this so far?

Best,

Bob

Yes, this has been discussed. Varunastra has a slow attack speed and low base crit compared to good rare claws. There aren't too many inefficient things going on in the tree but the ability to pick up some extra dagger nodes and DD would be nice and potentially be able to match claw DPS without the high base crit.

However, you will be missing out on a ton of a life on hit, which is where this build shines when you couple it with high attack speed (which Varunastra also doesn't have).

They are also a little expensive to test out but nothing outlandish. You could give it a try and report back if you're curious. You could also probably just toss the theoretical build into POB. I'm at work right now so I'd have to mess around later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info